The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 64,415
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Saw some cool buzz around the Shelford Channel when it first was released but not much since. After using it awhile are you...

Krush411
replies: 13 views: 2,557
Pro5 13 minutes ago

Hi everyone! Yet another noise/num/buzz thread, I know! To be honest I've been searching online for answers to this and tried...

PabloFerrigno
replies: 1 views: 470
Spyoptic 37 minutes ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 451 views: 43,438
puriteaudio 1 hour ago

Hi Id like to know which were the most used detune devices in studio in the 86-89 perdio. Im referring particularly to...

recordT
replies: 6 views: 404
TheLastByte 2 hours ago

I started this year with new Bomber B2 ADC. Very impressed!

Mr. Bars
replies: 270 views: 21,406
kinghand 4 hours ago

Salutations Slutz, I am planning to record rock drums at a Canadian recording studio within a few months. The studio I am...

Master Moss
replies: 25 views: 899
Nu-tra 5 hours ago

So I've been noticing that I can def. notice: -within 0.5 of db level change on monitors but not on the HD650 phones -I can judge...

Lorenzop
replies: 6 views: 704
rezident 6 hours ago

Im a guitar player, Id like to know if its true that the dbx160 was most used for electric guitar tracks in the 80s for...

recordT
replies: 90 views: 3,604
12ax7 8 hours ago

Hey guys & gals:) My first post in this awesome community so go easy on me:) I'm currently looking to pull the trigger on a...

ChuckyGold
replies: 2 views: 471
ChuckyGold 8 hours ago

Hi I'm a film/media composer (not professional, but working for it) and I work mainly with top orchestral sample libraries. I...

jdd5
replies: 5 views: 448
Radial185 11 hours ago

Have you guys seen this new summing mixer/routing mixer? Looks cool, check it out; http://www.apiaudio.com/thebox.html

ppanton321
replies: 425 views: 71,308
skybluerental 15 hours ago

Anyone here using the CM-2 or another cool model? It's a broadcast console, but with just *ridiculous* pres. Back in the...

thejook
replies: 281 views: 82,102
Filmscores 15 hours ago

Hi all, Im looking for info about the EMT 140 plate - most specifically trying to find out if the damper is actually made of...

mattdug
replies: 6 views: 856
kafka 17 hours ago

I heard the White Lion song "Wait" yesterday, and I've long wondered how you get that 80's metal extra plucky, chimey...

Thwacko
replies: 4 views: 354
Drumsound 17 hours ago
replies: 26 views: 1,716
Lei 1 day ago

Hiya folks, I recently invested in a U67 Reissue (which I absolutely love. It's the exact sound I've been trying to achieve...

Kroc
replies: 28 views: 1,890
B Elgin 1 day ago

Was curious if anyone had any experience with comparing these. I saw one thread (here) that compared them and did a sound...

KhaosSignal
replies: 2 views: 319
KhaosSignal 1 day ago

What is your preference? Focal trio or sm9 from if I can get them for the same pric. Can you help me make up my mind. From what I...

Isseym88
replies: 6 views: 1,201
Jason rocks 1 day ago

I am stuck on a routing situation and I am really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I own a Yamaha DM2000...

mamero
replies: 3 views: 281
MrChick 1 day ago

After extensive lurking here on gearslutz I've finally decided to chime in on my experiences with the Horch RM2J that I just got...

Lawsminguez
replies: 21 views: 4,986
Will The Weirdo 1 day ago

Hi guys, this is my first post. I want to buy my first high end mic. I need a great mic for general purpose (mainly vocal, but...

Faulkner
replies: 11 views: 683
Meriphew 1 day ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,750 views: 928,955
12tone 1 day ago

I know there are a lot of quad eight fans here. here's something i found on ebay that you might like....

walth
replies: 35 views: 14,173
Sigma 1 day ago

What, in your varied opinions, are the best, spare-no-expense closed-back headphones? I always hear a lot about the best...

JonnBoy
replies: 53 views: 3,238
John Willett 1 day ago

Hi all, I need to get the best main monitor suited for a room size: 3.5m wide, 4m length, 2.5m height. budget 10 - 15k max My...

gotama
replies: 71 views: 3,433
dinococcus 2 days ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 752 views: 158,776
Deviated 2 days ago

Hey guys, My Lexicon PCM 80 with dual fx card died and can’t be fixed. It was used on the send and returns along with a...

Looneytune
replies: 23 views: 829
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

I'm looking to buy a high quality multi purpose mic either as a stereo mic like the AEA R88, a matched pair of 4038's, or...

Zanderwestcoast
replies: 44 views: 2,975
jgimbel 2 days ago

I know that Eventide had announced (but never shipped) their E-Control plugin to run the H8000. Has anyone actually delivered a...

burp182
replies: 12 views: 1,121
Tui 2 days ago

Fairly self explanatory question, but I’m interested in people’s thoughts on SSL and Neve’s high end offerings (Duality,...

Shadow Puppets
replies: 33 views: 2,179
fullscale 2 days ago

Has anyone used - possibly compared - the current offerings in U47 FET clones? As of this writing I‘m aware of the...

andychamp
replies: 58 views: 5,507
NathanBarley 2 days ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,332 views: 178,267
Jimmy Makhaisingh 2 days ago

Between now and Autumn I will obtain a number of micpres for use in jazz sessions and so I'd appreciate knowledgeable advice as...

Swing
replies: 68 views: 2,737
Swing 2 days ago

I just got a Digidesign 192. I was doing a comparison of the converters between the HD192 and my Cranesong HEdd-192. The...

passionmax
replies: 16 views: 9,718
zak7 2 days ago

Hi, Can anyone give me an idea of the value of one of these machines assuming it's in very good/excellent condition?

Seventies man
replies: 6 views: 5,158
javad 2 days ago

Does anyone remember, have or still use their Desper Spatializer? I am refering to the one with the 8 joystick remote and the 2...

MJGreene Audio
replies: 11 views: 5,918
Denny McNerney 3 days ago

Hello all, I hope I'm posting this question in the right forum. I've grown weary of buying classic gear on eBay or Reverb, due...

Algebra Suicide
replies: 27 views: 1,895
italo de angelis 3 days ago

hey all . im using summing mixer NEVE 8816 , in the past i used SPL Mixdream (the small one) and the neve much more nicer, but!...

Zangiamit91
replies: 4 views: 826
12tone 3 days ago

Guys I've never used the spatializer with the joysticks. My question is, is it possible to match the performance of a regular...

no ssl yet
replies: 3 views: 2,804
Ritchie 3 days ago

Hi, someone knows which rack was used by Bob Rock to detune tracks? Thanks for your help Best Regards

recordT
replies: 0 views: 370
recordT 3 days ago

I just purchased a Quantum 16x16x2 QA-1010 console. This particular console came from a studio in North Carolina (via Primal...

europa78
replies: 57 views: 22,630
JudoMike 3 days ago

Love hearing stories from the vets in the crowd: happy accidents or your proudest moments in the studio, lay it on me. If...

gravyface
replies: 6 views: 588
ardis 3 days ago

I'm in the market for a high quality tube DI primarily for recording electric bass. I'm looking for feed back from users who have...

Zanderwestcoast
replies: 15 views: 656
Arthur Stone 3 days ago

Hello friends, I am summoning your help, you people-who-knows bumpkin I am currently looking at a vintage U67 on sale (that...

RockinRobinSTB
replies: 24 views: 1,151
mattcollen 4 days ago

Those are the 3 that I’ve settled for along with a good Master Clock like an Antelope OCXHD if no Pure2 to keep all of my other...

ThaSurgnGnrl
replies: 9 views: 590
ThaSurgnGnrl 4 days ago

Hi there, I have a nice semi commercial studio with 2 Mara machines. A 16 track JH-24 and a 2 track JH-110. all tied into...

Snoggin
replies: 74 views: 5,889
Skip Burrows 4 days ago

Was wondering if anyone out there has experience with both and can comment on their similarities and differences in sound.

blotto
replies: 134 views: 12,737
RoundBadge 4 days ago

Hi, I bought a BAE Audio 1073 DMP some time ago, to upgrade from my Brent Averill 1272. How surprised am I now that, when I...

David1085
replies: 4 views: 766
David1085 4 days ago

Getting ready to build a new Control Room around these, soffit mounted, any opinions, thoughts? Room will be a RFZ design about...

SRS
replies: 17 views: 2,623
SRS 4 days ago

Help needed! I experienced problems with the internal power supply of my UA 2192 for a while and finally had the unit stop...

doorknocker
replies: 24 views: 2,457
doorknocker 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search