The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 58,574
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Tom Duty at the moment is 2 x SM57. https://i.imgur.com/xXTyl2f.jpg OH are Oktava mk 012- Fine to my ears SM57 on snare =...

John lennon
replies: 26 views: 746
Samc 58 minutes ago

Hello All - Just wanted to show off my newly upgraded Adcom GFA-555 amplifier which went through a dual mono/high current upgrade...

markjv58
replies: 12 views: 916
SHIRK 1 hour ago

Can someone who regularly works on a SSL 4000 describe this? I don't know if the 6000 or 9000 has this feature. I've heard...

Ienjoyaudio
replies: 8 views: 1,646
jwh1192 1 hour ago

2x AML EZP-1a VS Retro 2a3 - anyone tried both next to each other? My guess would be that the Retro is a bit more coloured...

SEED78
replies: 0 views: 52
SEED78 2 hours ago

Hi, do you know something about the James Blake new cd?...

KIDBILL
replies: 10 views: 10,154
IanBSC 2 hours ago

OK, folks... I know the principles, apples and oranges...Different beasts etc etc... I've had the Clariphonic for many years...

mherrane
replies: 4 views: 522
sharkboy 2 hours ago

How would the high end compare on these two mics. I tried a Bock 151 and loved it. I assume the high end on the Bock 251 would...

AB3
replies: 73 views: 19,002
Paul_G 4 hours ago

hi i wanted to know if the compressor of the ua 6176 is really worthit the problem is that i already have a 610 solo from uad...

darkmaster
replies: 3 views: 348
ejsongs 5 hours ago

Hi all... Re home stereo system. Just inherited a Denon DAP 2500 pre-amp and Denon POA 2800 Amp (200 W X2). I know nothing...

devildog4
replies: 0 views: 78
devildog4 6 hours ago

Hey guys... I'm looking for someone who can give me some specifics regarding the different circuity in the A, B, and C...

kbshearer
replies: 24 views: 1,723
yannlu 8 hours ago

Hey guys! After saving for a while I would like to invest in some big pieces. First let me tell you what I do : I'm an...

fredweb
replies: 2 views: 354
andyisdead 9 hours ago

I'm in the process of planning out a studio room/space in our new home. Meanwhile, most of my gear is impatiently awaiting music...

string6theory
replies: 19 views: 2,022
string6theory 11 hours ago

Anyone have experience with these two combos? I need to get a second for a stereo pair for my lunchbox. I love Great River...

drockfresh
replies: 6 views: 233
drockfresh 14 hours ago

Hello. I have a very different hardware setup that I'm trying to have functioned stablely to Ableton Live 9. I have a Technics...

iwatsu
replies: 0 views: 108
iwatsu 14 hours ago

Couldn't find a single thread on this thing yet. Any users? Seems steep for a 500 series rack but I know Mercury produces very...

Philip Parker
replies: 2 views: 401
NathanEldred 14 hours ago

I started this year with new Bomber B2 ADC. Very impressed!

Mr. Bars
replies: 51 views: 2,637
CSField 16 hours ago

Hey Everyone, I'm looking to upgrade my ITB system with a dangerous 2Bus+. I'm currently running two Universal Audio Apollo 8p's...

jndittmar
replies: 8 views: 518
jndittmar 16 hours ago

I just stumbled upon this company Online Shop They sell newly produced plug n play ac701 tubes. Quite expensive for a newly...

crille_mannen
replies: 0 views: 186
crille_mannen 17 hours ago

I'm not a 500 series guy and I have been thinking about the API channel strip to complement my Rupert Neve Portico gear. I'm...

Jason rocks
replies: 26 views: 1,736
kafka 20 hours ago

I´m starting a project which I want to share with all the "vintage-gearslutz" out there. The restauration of this...

Ostrong Audio
replies: 137 views: 25,567
bojan_1 21 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,280 views: 834,873
DownSideUp 1 day ago

How is for parallel comp duties? Above all rock-fast drums Is it siimilar to SSl / C2? Thanx

S75
replies: 21 views: 8,454
GreenNeedle 1 day ago

I intend to buy powered studio monitors soon. However, I've been unable to find a store in the San Francisco Bay Area where I...

Old Listener
replies: 3 views: 444
Old Listener 1 day ago

Hello yall! I've got a Dyna-Mite, and I use the compressor alot on drum bus, banjo, mandolin, snare and other transient kinda...

Rubstubs
replies: 22 views: 6,810
Guitarzan4 1 day ago

Hey guys, I'm in the process of building my rig, and pretty soon I'll be upgrading my mains (JBL LSR305) to a full-range, 3-way...

VenVile
replies: 4 views: 538
Husa 1 day ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 1,248 views: 148,681
shelterr 1 day ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,567 views: 1,533,303
Drumsound 1 day ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,460 views: 78,152
adam_f 1 day ago

I know this may seem like beating a dead horse, but I'm looking for the most transparent ADC possible. I'm not looking for...

breakinrecords
replies: 23 views: 1,886
thomlin 1 day ago

Hi all, I want to experiment with re-amping some soft synths, hoping to make them sound some more interesting. Is this a...

Gigstuely
replies: 1 views: 264
Gigstuely 1 day ago

Have you guys seen this new summing mixer/routing mixer? Looks cool, check it out; http://www.apiaudio.com/thebox.html

ppanton321
replies: 344 views: 60,449
callmelaub 1 day ago

Good afternoon (from Amsterdam), I am thinking of adding an analog mixer to my setup. I have a few hardware synths and drum...

Gigstuely
replies: 1 views: 264
Gigstuely 1 day ago

Hi all, I have a session in an hour, and one of my PMC twotwo 6 monitors has stopped passing audio: I've tested all wires,...

phillus
replies: 0 views: 306
phillus 1 day ago

Happy new year to everyone After been discussing it for quite long time , some colleages told me about the benefits transfering...

Midas
replies: 52 views: 1,767
Sigma 1 day ago

Hi, I have a pair of the Tweed Audio EQs that I've had sitting on my shelf for years. When I first got them I was given a wiring...

tomheavybeats
replies: 6 views: 560
ruffrecords 2 days ago

Hi All, I have had the RND 5060 for over a year now and I love it. I am just setting it up in a small studio and I have...

javamad
replies: 0 views: 243
javamad 2 days ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 83 views: 9,596
Swift Mastering 2 days ago

I live in the UK and we have inflated prices for all things 'vintage'...sigh. I was interested to know what prices Neve...

zukan
replies: 1 views: 328
Wiggy Neve Slut 2 days ago

Everything sounds great but the bass sounds especially great. That is not just the many high end microphones on stage but the way...

Crazy4Jazz
replies: 23 views: 802
maikol 2 days ago

Today myself, wiggyneveslut and zikismastering did a little impromptu shootout between a Pulse Pultec EQP1a and an AML EZP1a. We...

Trev@Circle
replies: 76 views: 3,501
pan60 2 days ago

I‘ve seen here some opinions like „the best tape machine ever made“ and similar about the Nagra T-audio. Now I am very...

Arseny
replies: 3 views: 333
Arseny 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
jwh1192 2 days ago

Hi guys - Advice I have a Manley Cardioid Reference and a Neve 1073 dpd - The manley is so hot with signal even with -10db...

karljohnson
replies: 7 views: 361
Reborn 2 days ago

Hi guys, I'm a bit new to this forum but I have already checked out a lot of threads on this forum. I also know these kind of...

RubenP
replies: 46 views: 1,439
RubenP 2 days ago

Hello, life time reader first time poster here. Not much info on the dbx 676 so i thought i share. I've had the 676 for 6...

Billytyne
replies: 3 views: 1,725
Billytyne 2 days ago

Hi Guys, I just wanted to post about a incredible Bass DI I used recently that I feel more people need to know about, because...

Farm sounds
replies: 313 views: 54,489
StevenLMorgan 2 days ago

its really simple,what is best analog to digital converter you ever heard,doesnt matter how much it cost or if its even curently...

Neodym
replies: 218 views: 29,043
herecomesyourman 2 days ago

Hey all. TL;DR: So many compressors, so little time :lol: I'll be as concise as I can: - I'm ITB bar the SilverBullet;...

b0se
replies: 75 views: 2,194
SEED78 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
John lennon 2 days ago

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda.. I am familiar with the sound of ATC speakers and love them to bits. I am however considering if I'd...

midmost
replies: 7 views: 626
SashaGray 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search