The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 65,378
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I've been going through the process of upgrading my monitors, which were Harbeth 7ES2, and settled on the Harbeth SHL5 Plus, AND...

mbesq
replies: 36 views: 3,514
Escarabajo 9 minutes ago

Title says it all. Looking for a new comp for mix bus duties. Currently using Drawmer 1968 mkii and a Fatso Jr Budget up to...

DaveSH
replies: 27 views: 829
fredouli 17 minutes ago

Guys, I've been here for a few days and I really love this forum, all very knowledgeable professionals, I learned a lot from you...

DB117
replies: 24 views: 718
midmost 37 minutes ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 1,818 views: 215,761
puriteaudio 1 hour ago

Anyone own both of these mics? For a while the Manley was the mic that came closest to the sound of a Sony C800g. I was...

etrella
replies: 35 views: 1,885
b0se 1 hour ago

I just purchased a Dangerous music convert ad + and a Convert 8 d\a. This is my first time ever running 2 seperate boxes for a\d...

O-dawg
replies: 0 views: 45
O-dawg 1 hour ago

Short story we got 40k $ as a founding to make a recording studio for our local orchestra and local singers. I already have...

Junex
replies: 28 views: 932
Drumsound 2 hours ago

Looking for a mic to record a Steinway baby grand. Looking at a josephson 617 set, DPA 4011A, DPA 4015, Royer SF24, or any...

acupunk
replies: 8 views: 193
Drumsound 2 hours ago

I started this year with new Bomber B2 ADC. Very impressed!

Mr. Bars
replies: 339 views: 27,464
RoundBadge 2 hours ago

Hey. Just wanted to see what you think of this as my primary recording chain as for a long and wonderful album project. Mostly...

The Mink
replies: 0 views: 61
The Mink 3 hours ago

Hey guys, I just wondered if there are any Elysia users who know the difference between the two in a 2 buss situation? I...

james090
replies: 15 views: 1,309
elysia 3 hours ago

Hi everyone, I understand this might be a bit of a strange question, but here it is... What makes some microphones sound more...

caronte23
replies: 13 views: 944
BIG BUDDHA 3 hours ago

I just read this very good article, basically it says sealed monitors would have better transient response on low end, and...

DB117
replies: 61 views: 1,838
DB117 5 hours ago

Hi all - looking at used consoles is quite nerve racking because we don’t necisarillay have an in-house tech and these old...

jml designs
replies: 81 views: 4,332
Saxplayerz 8 hours ago

Has anyone had luck setting up a MIDI remote for their PCM92 or PCM96? I'm aware a lot of people just use the plugin for control,...

atavacron
replies: 7 views: 303
atavacron 11 hours ago

Hi all, I’m in the process of researching an upgrade for my monitor control system. Specifically a controller with integral...

HamburgerFactory
replies: 5 views: 634
Buballakov 12 hours ago

Want to try the 5670 and 6386 tubes into my Tubecore 3U, any experiences? I read that 6386 tubes can't really mess with the...

Stéphane
replies: 16 views: 1,545
jonnyjonjon 12 hours ago

Hi all, I have a Shadow Hills Vandergraph for mix bus and I love it very much. However as some people mentioned, the coloration...

iamzenoir
replies: 4 views: 471
stuheimer 13 hours ago

Hi all! I’m currently looking to buy a SDC mic mainly for recording acoustic guitar (Martin D28), but also percussion...

Ollivolli
replies: 7 views: 276
fred2bern 14 hours ago

I was curious what the learned members, that frequent High End, would generally favor on the "lower"/deeper voices ala...

chessparov2.0
replies: 13 views: 333
chessparov2.0 14 hours ago

Question to those of you experienced with different converters and their analog stages. Which modern 2-channel AD actually has...

Noise Commander
replies: 12 views: 790
ardis 15 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,350 views: 183,575
JGM 17 hours ago

I have SSL AWS 948 console . My room size is 5 x 3 x 3 m . I have ventilation system in my room for cooling and heating. But...

toofanstudio
replies: 5 views: 323
Jim Williams 18 hours ago

From AD8 manual: So what's behind the marketing hype? I understand this is a purely digital, high-latency process, which...

Sugar
replies: 76 views: 9,892
Zoot 19 hours ago

I recently sold my NTI EQ3 and Im missing it already. Im thinking about getting a pair of Maag EQ4's to replace it. I heard...

Grasshopper11
replies: 31 views: 14,272
WAD 20 hours ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 268 views: 46,561
svarthvitt 22 hours ago

Hey slutz! I was just about to buy a nice cream pair of Soyuz SU-013 when I came across the Telefunken M60 FET. I plan to...

omegaomega
replies: 13 views: 752
___GLM___ 1 day ago

Hello all, Anyone who's owned or has extensive experience with a Sony C800g mic able to chime in? My friend and I bought...

ChaChaMalone
replies: 38 views: 2,579
mals 1 day ago

First post, long time lurker. anyone got experience with shockmount replacements for 87's? I have been looking at oem ones,...

zkaudio
replies: 17 views: 2,164
NateHissin 1 day ago

ks digital

i build small project studios, mostly for clients who come to sing or play at my place. so heres this client who says " i...

audiothings
replies: 74 views: 30,147
VOMike 1 day ago

Nagra Pro audio See feature on Plush.

Plush
replies: 3 views: 427
Matti 1 day ago

Hi there, I've got a 500 series api channel (512v, 527, 550b) which I enjoy, but I'm seriously considering swapping out the 512v...

themiracle
replies: 2 views: 337
Doc Mixwell 1 day ago

Here's a little something I've done with the Bricasti the last years. I wanted to share it since I think it works so well. My...

gainreduction
replies: 16 views: 1,198
Drumsound 1 day ago

I've used the search as well, but didn't find de facto answers. What are the real differences between these? I know what are the...

tamasdragon
replies: 4 views: 4,082
MrTunes7 1 day ago

Title really says it all. I have not heard either in person, only online vids and audio samples.. But for those of you who...

joelfarr
replies: 10 views: 544
Danielbest1 1 day ago

Hi there, I have a nice semi commercial studio with 2 Mara machines. A 16 track JH-24 and a 2 track JH-110. all tied into...

Snoggin
replies: 82 views: 7,024
janalex 1 day ago

Just a quick background. I've got a 100% analog setup: 1" 8 track tape to 1/4" 2 track mixdown. No computers. No...

coniglius
replies: 14 views: 579
Timesaver800W 2 days ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,860 views: 956,647
DownSideUp 2 days ago

I am placing several threads for various answers but I noticed this is a critical question and may help me narrow down my...

CJ1973
replies: 551 views: 139,517
Seamus TM 2 days ago

Hi all. I have an API 1608 that’s now out of warranty and I’m out of spare op amps . Got a couple issues I’m pretty sure...

Snoggin
replies: 31 views: 1,340
avedis 2 days ago

Can anyone shine information on, what the differences between the hardware Elysia xpressor and the mpressor plug-in are? As the...

soundmodel
replies: 12 views: 2,780
sttae 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
pentagon 2 days ago

Bonhams : The HeliosCentric Helios console: Constructed in 1996 through an amalgamation of part of the Island Records Basing...

jupiter8
replies: 9 views: 565
jupiter8 2 days ago

I am giving bass lessons to a talented teenager, and I am trying to do it right: find seminal songs where the bass played a...

Klaus
replies: 18 views: 719
aremos 2 days ago

I am looking a top tube mic pre that is smooth, big, not too tubey, clean, detailed,...you know all the good stuff. I have...

Bmtblader
replies: 43 views: 2,668
Twenty Staxx 2 days ago

Hi. I’m rebuilding my home studio. I used to have the U87 & Avalon 737 through an Apogee Duet. I’m getting the U87 &...

dcoll504
replies: 0 views: 85
dcoll504 2 days ago

Hello Neumann / Sennheiser Neumann, Sennheiser or anyone else can you please post detailed videos,Photographs anything which we...

terrysound
replies: 955 views: 65,176
QueenSisi 2 days ago

Hi all, I need to get the best main monitor suited for a room size: 3.5m wide, 4m length, 2.5m height. budget 10 - 15k max My...

gotama
replies: 172 views: 10,133
Jim Williams 2 days ago

Hi all, I'm new here so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place. I picked up this preamp/fader unit recently but am...

Tablets
replies: 5 views: 449
Tablets 2 days ago

Any help is appreciated on this. I have a room - 20 X 20. Not ideal but treated as much as I can at this point. So I am...

AB3
replies: 42 views: 1,677
Nikola_Tesla 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search