The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 67,579
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Is anyone familiar with these controls (or jumpers) on an RCA 44 mic? I’m guessing “M” is music and “V” is voice (and...

boomwhack
replies: 5 views: 91
boomwhack 7 minutes ago

Hey guys. My studio is currently being designed and soon majorly upgraded, which will hopefully allow me to mix with more...

PaulMac
replies: 96 views: 3,790
DougS 33 minutes ago

You rarely hear of any studios built in a geodesic dome framework. Reasons? They are incredibly cheap, and consistently...

Heterodox
replies: 70 views: 9,955
dbjp 41 minutes ago

I found some used Atc SCM 10.2 speakers for sale. Produced 2002, lightly used. I will use theses with quested 3110, so bass...

beef
replies: 4 views: 274
beef 2 hours ago

There are many threads discussing the relative value of hardware vs software compressors. Perhaps title should read: "Why...

mrand
replies: 680 views: 16,182
12tone 3 hours ago

0 dbfs = +20 dbu in Pro Tools . I can't change it . I have converter with +24 dbu . In Pro Tools I can +3.9 db over than 0...

toofanstudio
replies: 0 views: 55
toofanstudio 3 hours ago

Hello all! I'm in Montana so I don't have the convenience of auditioning any of these. What are your impressions of each? I...

AndromedaA6
replies: 5 views: 715
Man_O_Music 4 hours ago

This record truly represented the peak and the end of an era in rock record production. Real performances, real instruments, real...

UGP
replies: 16 views: 887
UGP 6 hours ago

Spent what feels like days researching different preamps and I’m down to the following; 1. Shelford Channel 2. Portico II 3....

itwillendintears
replies: 4 views: 300
cheu78 6 hours ago

Hello Gearslutz, My father recently passed away and he left behind a ton of Cascade mics. My brother and I have already...

boomwhack
replies: 0 views: 58
boomwhack 7 hours ago

Hello Gearslutz, My father recently passed away and I have inherited two RCA 44 mics. I’m planning to transport them back...

boomwhack
replies: 0 views: 65
boomwhack 7 hours ago

Hey everyone, looking for a bit of advice or maybe some potential resources on good practices with using a hardware HF compressor...

Seamoss
replies: 18 views: 1,073
Slug1 9 hours ago

Hi Quick question I want my stereo bus to go through tube circuitry and to color the sound of my mixes. I don't want...

insomni.ac
replies: 16 views: 927
warlordpriest 9 hours ago

I am a fan of the Apogee Mini Me. With my mics, subject....it’s the best combined solution. However, 2 tracks is a problem. ...

HelenaBzg
replies: 3 views: 253
psycho_monkey 11 hours ago

Salutations Slutz, I've been recording on eleven years now and have reached the determination that it's time to go big or go...

Master Moss
replies: 597 views: 32,003
Zoot 11 hours ago

I recently picked up a Grommes G5M because I have read a few things online, but nothing detailed, and wanted to know what this...

knave101
replies: 10 views: 2,124
Jesse Mangum 12 hours ago

I am looking a top tube mic pre that is smooth, big, not too tubey, clean, detailed,...you know all the good stuff. I have...

Bmtblader
replies: 128 views: 10,149
robobob 12 hours ago

Hello. Does anybody have any experience with Harrison Mr4? I've been offered one, a 48 ch in decent condition with lots of...

giraf
replies: 32 views: 11,451
xtech 15 hours ago

my question is: would it really matter that much if i use a different brand of sub speaker, let's say Genelec for...

parkie
replies: 5 views: 344
Kimotei 15 hours ago

Dear Slutz. I'm currently looking at preamp options for my studio. I like the idea of the API 3124MB+, giving you 4 channels...

creative.control
replies: 14 views: 3,888
Mixxed Up 16 hours ago

am buying a vintage (not re issue) Neuman U47 Fet. it makes a popping noise once or twice during the first 20 minutes of use....

larrykane
replies: 5 views: 303
larrykane 18 hours ago

hi everyone, what are my options for a mic preamp based on the Trident A Range design? Doesn't have to be an exact clone. My...

halfmanhalftoast
replies: 45 views: 6,965
Paul_G 18 hours ago

Hi, so I've wanted to get the NEVE 1073 DPA preamp but dont need two channels, does anyone know the singular version of it? No...

susus123
replies: 0 views: 127
susus123 20 hours ago

Hi folks, I'm got a large space adjacent to my studio that i can use as an echochamber. So i'm wondering what kind of mics...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 7 views: 322
Jim Williams 21 hours ago

They make the power supply most SSL owners use and love. But I found today they make a full range compact studio monitor Called...

anguswoodhead
replies: 8 views: 546
dankin 23 hours ago

I'm routing these 4 hardware reverb units to the sends of my console for mixing many various styles of music (largely rock). For...

Nevemachine
replies: 50 views: 3,025
string6theory 1 day ago

Hi all! I've been in contact with BAE and after additional troubleshooting I may just have to send this unit to them for...

withintheflux
replies: 0 views: 162
withintheflux 1 day ago

I recently sold my NTI EQ3 and Im missing it already. Im thinking about getting a pair of Maag EQ4's to replace it. I heard...

Grasshopper11
replies: 34 views: 15,374
shortyboyboy 1 day ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 338 views: 57,953
Elsapo2001 1 day ago

Please post your experience if you had the chance and funds to buy this new product. I searched for user reviews but not much...

11bit
replies: 99 views: 14,640
Griffini 1 day ago

So I need to replace my small Genelec, and after HOURS and HOURS of research and reading, it's down to those three... I can't...

Wizhard
replies: 3 views: 241
bicarbone 1 day ago

Has anyone compared the relatively new KM A series mics with the KM180 series? IIRC I've heard some comparisons where the KM D...

jetam
replies: 2 views: 579
benoïde 1 day ago

Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase my first analog mix bus processor in the $1000-$2000 tops range. I produce ITB and have been...

Sance21
replies: 14 views: 1,059
Seamoss 1 day ago

Have you guys seen this? It sure does look pretty cool to me! Okto Research Apogee performance, Motu price Analog...

jtwrace
replies: 6 views: 820
breakinrecords 1 day ago

Hello all, I have been really interested in these monitors for quite some time. However, I haven't found many user reviews....

Top Knob
replies: 80 views: 12,660
Brad Lunde 1 day ago

So any speculations about this? What would you like to see? Different reverbs? Unreal reverbs? Other fx?

OurDarkness
replies: 338 views: 59,629
temnov 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
___GLM___ 2 days ago

Hi We are a medium sized (150 sq m aprox) studio based in Oslo, Norway. We have (in our opinion) beutiful control room and 55...

parachutestudio
replies: 121 views: 30,465
Salty James 2 days ago

Hey guys, just chimed in on a discussion on the Overstayer 8755 some days ago where people were talking about the SVC...

Uli Auer
replies: 2 views: 318
Uli Auer 2 days ago

Hi, Hope you can help. I am in a market for my first piece of outboard valve pre-amp/distortion/saturator box, and I...

pizu
replies: 12 views: 1,483
egloss 2 days ago

I have put a deposit for the Barefoot MM45 to replace my Focal Twins. Has anyone compared the Barefoot mm45 with Focal...

SynteXis
replies: 20 views: 7,731
IkennaFuNkEn 2 days ago

Hi everyone, Here is my vocal chain (I'm the only one using it, male vocals, soft baritone/tenor at times): Sony c800g w. Tele...

hellohead
replies: 13 views: 691
andersmv 2 days ago

"Grasshopper" here jummpp seeks to learn.:) Thoughts/Comments/Favorite General Settings? Thanks in advance, for...

chessparov2.0
replies: 12 views: 777
Glenn Bucci 2 days ago

Seriously considering some 500 stuff. I have nothing as yet, so I am going to ask some of you to point me in the right direction....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 254 views: 33,594
bowzin 2 days ago

Hello Everyone, I have attatched a recent recording of my vocal. I am singing through an sE Electronics z5600a microphone but...

JanHaakma
replies: 2 views: 236
musaee 2 days ago

Hi there, I have a AKG 414 XLII in combination with a Millennia HV3. I think it works pretty nice together. Now I'm looking...

mysputnik07
replies: 24 views: 1,907
themiracle 2 days ago

Happy new year, Slutz. Can anyone offer insight or thoughts on a fader option to put after an AML ez1073? Appreciating that...

b0b0
replies: 45 views: 4,684
heavengroove 2 days ago

Hello all, I use the Chandler Mini Rack Mixer for my summing needs, however I'm very curious how the new Electrodyne Summing...

jumpcut sound
replies: 0 views: 290
jumpcut sound 2 days ago

Hi all. I have an API 1608 that’s now out of warranty and I’m out of spare op amps . Got a couple issues I’m pretty sure...

Snoggin
replies: 36 views: 2,987
Hansest 2 days ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,151 views: 109,390
Jantex 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search