The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Views: 1,004
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 82,786
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Sorry for a silly question here. Can someone please help me understand the difference between various Neve 1073’s? I.e. for...

3bc
replies: 8 views: 785
Husky Squad 3 minutes ago

Just saw this post on Instagram! If it's not new to some of you, it's new to me! Just figured I'd share it for those...

SupaMixKing
replies: 26 views: 724
Digiplex 4 minutes ago

Hi people. In a few days im going to buy D&R Orion X 32/64 in-line with patchbay for a very nice price (i attached the...

tex viler
replies: 5 views: 305
tex viler 13 minutes ago

So there is a seller on eBay (United Kingdom) that offers v4.1 upgrade kits. My 480l was v3 so I did purchase it and installed...

Astronaut1971
replies: 0 views: 1
Astronaut1971 13 minutes ago

for me its Bricasti Design M7

mnawara
replies: 179 views: 12,660
IronFilm 36 minutes ago

I did a quick shootout and would love some input on what you prefer. I used the following mics, recording through a Neve Portico...

sleshnyc
replies: 36 views: 1,416
sleshnyc 48 minutes ago

i have not used the new LA2A's im only experienced with vintage ones, i have heard that they dont stand up to the classics. so...

squeeks555
replies: 46 views: 21,853
thehightenor 4 hours ago

Hi, i've read allot of the debates about clocks for convertors for years. And been quite happy with my dig 192 for years &...

[email protected]
replies: 101 views: 9,709
[email protected] 4 hours ago

What are you go to hardware compressors for bass guitar in mix?

winvbass
replies: 119 views: 12,044
DeadPoet 4 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,701 views: 242,992
sreko 4 hours ago

I'm considering two eqs for tracking/mixing my own stuff, but don't have the cash to have both in my hands at the same time....

fromthepuggle
replies: 4 views: 178
fromthepuggle 5 hours ago

Hello, I want to try to switch off the HX pro in the Otari MX80. Does somebody knows how to do? I only see a small light...

ecolleno
replies: 9 views: 1,388
DASH3348HR 7 hours ago

My gut says no, but my lust says yes. I am finally building out my little studio in an old log house we bought a few years ago. I...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 735 views: 54,312
Looneytune 7 hours ago

Hello fellow slutz, please help me to decide what to get next. Should I get XLogic SSL G-Series Compressor or Burl B2 ADC? I own...

Michael Myers
replies: 10 views: 531
LashonEvans 8 hours ago

Hi, I have 2 UA 6176s and overall I'm happy with them and love the sound I get but have a problem with getting a high enough...

Rafu
replies: 7 views: 5,167
RobertRyda 8 hours ago

I have two JCF Audio AD-8s that are sublime but I am curious if any Slutz have the new DA8-T? I am waiting with hi Hopes for...

nomatic
replies: 45 views: 5,479
Zoot 9 hours ago

Want to try the 5670 and 6386 tubes into my Tubecore 3U, any experiences? I read that 6386 tubes can't really mess with the...

Stéphane
replies: 33 views: 4,847
AudioKemestry 10 hours ago

so people / friends / clients - regularly ask...what can a REAL pultec do? the following file is cleared for listening on...

DannyMac
replies: 0 views: 104
DannyMac 11 hours ago

I realize this is an old converter for most. I'm currently still using my Pro Tools Mix rig with Ad8000se's and Rosetta 800's. ...

dawsonaudio
replies: 25 views: 3,332
MandoBastardo 12 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 1,865 views: 226,325
Scragend 13 hours ago

Hi slutz! I just demoed the new Myburgh M1 mic, and did a quick comparison with Brauner VM1 and Horch RM2J. It´s not an...

Skrinsen
replies: 20 views: 776
Paul_G 14 hours ago

Does anyone know what tis is: Magnetec EQP-1A / Pultec style/ Tube EQ/ Vintage amp | eBay Is it for real ? Juan

Bluelake
replies: 106 views: 31,658
Jmfreeland 15 hours ago

I’d like to ask my fellow gear slutz what kind of experience they’ve had with Millennia Media. I’m asking because my...

albinotuba
replies: 24 views: 2,172
ARIEL 15 hours ago

Millennia Microphone Preamps: ARE THEY THAT GOOD? Hi Gear People are these Millennia micpre that good as they say, are they as...

JOHN
replies: 188 views: 45,545
thehightenor 15 hours ago

Hi all. I've been mixing an album which was recorded through Lynx Aurora converters. In the recording process, the Aurora was...

Ski spiggy
replies: 99 views: 19,612
BrettB 16 hours ago

Let's say you're choosing outboard in a hybrid mixing situation, with a mid-level budget, can afford a few really high end...

fromthepuggle
replies: 46 views: 2,521
MilkPossumSound 16 hours ago

Which revision is the most desirable and the one to go for? something about opamps and transistors and.... I don't get it! ...

Sugarman
replies: 114 views: 62,012
m03 16 hours ago

So I saw on Retro's website that the 2a3 uses 'vintage class ab tube amplification for unity gain makeup'. Do all pultecs do...

fromthepuggle
replies: 4 views: 247
pan60 16 hours ago

I was clearing out my loft today and found this Microtech Gefell UM70 MV692. I must have bought it in the late 1990s and...

trubshaw
replies: 9 views: 330
trubshaw 19 hours ago

So I currently have two small rooms, one I already used a studio in town and the other is a home office, they're both pretty...

blackjam
replies: 9 views: 283
syntheticrhyme 20 hours ago

I dont want to shell out nearly $400 for the EA87 or get some cheap knock off that might break and drop my mic. The EA4 doesn't...

TikkoRome
replies: 11 views: 488
TikkoRome 21 hours ago

About to use the biggest mixer I've ever mixed on (32 channel analogue). Planning sub-mixes to stereo...

filmcomposer
replies: 1 views: 148
syntheticrhyme 21 hours ago

Just purchased a Telefunken V76s (studio) version. Should arrive soon. Very excited, as I don't have a vintage Tube preamp. I...

CJ1973
replies: 36 views: 4,147
HonkyTonk 22 hours ago

Hey all, I just installed a pair of Lomo -tube- mic preamps in my rack. I bought them from Chip Verspyck @ Tech It Out. The unit...

DJamesGoody
replies: 9 views: 15,849
EvLoutonian 1 day ago

Hi There, Something that I think I might be interested but I guess not easy to try since its made and sold in Germany. I heard...

AC222
replies: 59 views: 5,720
vazka 1 day ago

Hello, kfhkh So, burl ? JCF audio ? Forssell ? Lavry Gold ? Anything new in 2020? Haven't read much on this topic for...

Sybille
replies: 33 views: 1,997
syntheticrhyme 1 day ago

Been eyeballing them for a while now Everytime I used the UAD plugin I went meh, the attack is too fast and the release too...

XAXAU
replies: 22 views: 2,056
Paul_G 1 day ago

This is my first post on the forum, but I've been visiting for years and greatly appreciate the input from this...

RayHeath
replies: 329 views: 22,735
RayHeath 1 day ago

I have been considering getting a Pultec EQP-1A (or 1A3) or a 1S3 for quite a while now and was wondering what people here think...

shoepedals
replies: 5 views: 785
shoepedals 1 day ago

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about this school ? Some of their song writing courses look pretty good! I'm in Hawaii...

Seti808
replies: 26 views: 3,872
Progger 1 day ago

Hi all. I have one doubt. It's not clear for me in the manual neither in the block diagram.... At what stage in the signal flow...

makasi
replies: 0 views: 123
makasi 1 day ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,816 views: 222,591
Trailerman 1 day ago

hello, Has anyone here upgraded their original Dangerous Music D-Box to the newer D-Box+? Apart from the extra features, in...

mnawara
replies: 9 views: 304
MarcB 1 day ago

Er, new limiter. Abbey Road. Going to set his up as a second MB parallel. Looking forward to the ride....

Oldone
replies: 7 views: 655
Oldone 1 day ago

I’m looking for something to compliment the API 5500. Looking for 2 channels, only have 2 rack spaces available right now and...

NamelessUnknown
replies: 0 views: 122
NamelessUnknown 1 day ago

Hi all, what are the recommendations for a hardware peak limiter for the final stage of the mix. Im going out to analog...

South Brokelyn
replies: 4 views: 324
illsoulprod 1 day ago

Well I'm posting here because I believe if its Chandler gear it's High End. The mic comes packed in its own wood case in a box...

bzone
replies: 611 views: 55,833
FOURTHTUNZ 1 day ago

Hi, I have the original Dangerous D-Box and i use it as my Summing mixer and my Monitoring stereo D/A converter. Do you think...

mnawara
replies: 6 views: 351
mnawara 1 day ago

I'm interested in something over the top for this summer for vocals and whatever else I've heard good things about the Chandler...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 22 views: 1,010
e-are 2 days ago

i just got these 2 mono graphic eq's made by astronic i think in the 60ies... only thing i could find info was that some custom...

ttdom
replies: 6 views: 2,504
EvLoutonian 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search