The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 81,100
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 828 views: 121,636
barbital 3 minutes ago

Hello, this is my very first post on gear lutz before i wanted to write i checked the forum but i didn’t find what i wanted to...

Nino.Lacroix
replies: 21 views: 332
thehightenor 20 minutes ago

Firstly, please don’t start a war about mixing into a master comp is better or worse. If this is not your workflow, that’s no...

iamzenoir
replies: 7 views: 233
elegentdrum 45 minutes ago

Right now I have two DBX 560's on my drum bus.. They're cool and transparent but way too bright. I want a compressor that can...

IAMGOD_OFFICIAL
replies: 24 views: 1,159
kaleida 3 hours ago

Hi Everyone, I am planning to buy a Neumann U87ai mic. The price (at Sweetwater) for the U87ai new is $3,200 (without...

KD_Banjer
replies: 29 views: 973
KD_Banjer 3 hours ago

Just curious, as I was looking up something about it today I noticed that it is no longer on the Sweetwater site and it is also...

AudioGold
replies: 173 views: 10,621
User100 3 hours ago

I was ready to pull the plug last week on the LCD-X's however I can't get them for 2 weeks. I did a ton of research and clearly...

jayfield
replies: 1 views: 102
jayfield 4 hours ago

My gut says no, but my lust says yes. I am finally building out my little studio in an old log house we bought a few years ago. I...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 373 views: 28,399
127Riot 4 hours ago

I have plenty of hardware effects and can hear the difference in my own uses, on compression hardware vs software other people...

MarkR
replies: 47 views: 2,299
psycho_monkey 4 hours ago

I’m not a justin Bieber fan but you can’t argue with the results. He uses a c800g or 251 usually. Will use a u47 if needed....

cap217
replies: 70 views: 4,602
psycho_monkey 5 hours ago

Hi ~ Was wondering if I could ask your opinion on how does something like the Crane Song HEDD Quantum Next Gens (similar to Sound...

jml designs
replies: 71 views: 3,834
psycho_monkey 5 hours ago

Hi, I have the original Dangerous D-Box and i use it as my Summing mixer and my Monitoring stereo D/A converter. Do you think...

mnawara
replies: 2 views: 85
drewbonez 6 hours ago

Was considering the Coleman monitor controller, but the Source is the same price, and waaaaaay more slutty. I know Dangerous gear...

ben_allison
replies: 111 views: 33,539
rameron 6 hours ago

Machine is no longer available - it was given away to someone in 2007 Goreski

Goreski
replies: 15 views: 9,631
GYMusic 7 hours ago

I've used for the last 10 years every time the same Mics for A/B-Orchestra-Recording: Neumann KM130 - and I like them! But now...

enterprise11
replies: 16 views: 9,403
Mend 7 hours ago

Hello, kfhkh So, burl ? JCF audio ? Forssell ? Lavry Gold ? Anything new in 2020? Haven't read much on this topic for...

Sybille
replies: 11 views: 491
Sybille 7 hours ago

708s will randomly freeze up, show error lights and not pass audio. A manual factory reset brings them back to life but sometimes...

Input_NYC
replies: 8 views: 1,917
emdog 8 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 1,788 views: 207,429
spankjam 9 hours ago

Hello Slutz, at the moment i‘m using a Neumann U87ai with the Grosser Mod straight into my Apollo Twin X. I‘m only recording...

Simsuk
replies: 9 views: 224
drpro 9 hours ago

I recently purchased a Daking Mic Pre One and I can't get over how awesome this class A pre sounds. Its personally my favorite...

bcgood
replies: 592 views: 46,998
chessparov2.0 10 hours ago

So as the title suggests, I'm looking for some collective opinions on analog delays. Im a massive fan of using delays, both on...

Ayzed
replies: 8 views: 213
Ayzed 10 hours ago

So I’m about to get my hands on a Neve 1073N. Good deal on it & been eyeing it for months as part of a mobile recording...

woodgrain
replies: 4 views: 201
cheu78 10 hours ago

Hi all. I've been reading this site for a few months as a non member about my questions. I just joined today and this is my...

gee the bass
replies: 13 views: 295
gee the bass 10 hours ago

Hi everyone, Someone is selling a Groove Tubes Vipre in near mint condition locally for 3k, and I've been thinking of...

hellohead
replies: 0 views: 63
hellohead 10 hours ago

Here is a quote from JCF Audio DA8-t "Outputs can be summed together with wire only and no resistors for the ultimate in...

Udi Koomran
replies: 0 views: 96
Udi Koomran 11 hours ago

Hello, I want to buy a vari mu for my mix bus and the Manley and the Retro are the 2 options that I like the most. Has anyone...

RaulR
replies: 14 views: 909
idmmer417 13 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,694 views: 1,181,341
Karloff70 15 hours ago

Searching around GS and a large chunk of the internet, it seems to be just about impossible to find much more than the preview...

Celinara
replies: 23 views: 3,456
Ukiah Bass 17 hours ago

Hello all, I have been really interested in these monitors for quite some time. However, I haven't found many user reviews....

Top Knob
replies: 85 views: 18,265
myles 19 hours ago

Hey everyone, is anyone here a fan of the Steve Lillywhite/Early U2 sound from their first 3 albums? Boy, October and War were...

Kestral
replies: 20 views: 4,576
wardog0873 21 hours ago

I find some information on the AM-4, but what about the AM-3? Here's a listing from ebay since quite some time and I find it...

shahstlz
replies: 2 views: 266
shahstlz 21 hours ago

Hey, Anyone ever owned, used, heard, heard about, read about, seen one ect..? I just acquired one of these and would like...

Nairobijones
replies: 4 views: 1,996
bigsbyman 23 hours ago

Hi love to hear from people using these monitors. The few posts I have read seem to be very positive but not that much talk...

eclipse
replies: 19 views: 1,419
rectifried 23 hours ago

I bought a used Mercury EQ-P and its raising the gain of any signal I run through it, even when it is switched to bypass. This...

Evanmd
replies: 3 views: 285
bgrotto 1 day ago

Other threads deal with the slutty things that you bought this year, but I would also like to know what it is that you sold and...

Earcatcher
replies: 56 views: 4,271
pan60 1 day ago

Hey Guys, iam the new one! I would like to buy the Focal Shape Twin Monitors. I'am still on my Yamaha HS5 and would like...

BruceWaayne
replies: 29 views: 4,030
jahluwalia 1 day ago

Hi Everyone, I needed some feedback on a potential new purchase. At the moment, these are the preamps/channel strips I...

KD_Banjer
replies: 15 views: 393
David Rick 1 day ago

Been working with keyboards for a long time, finally getting back to recording musicians in a room. Have a small locker:...

drockfresh
replies: 773 views: 25,622
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

I thought I'd display pictures of my Swedish made Pearl (PML) and Milab microphones. I think they make some great mics in Sweden....

Lon7
replies: 24 views: 1,357
Lon7 1 day ago

A new year, a new chance to show off your spending abilities! The title says it all. Fire away with anything high end you wish to...

Earcatcher
replies: 60 views: 4,721
MikeInOttawa 1 day ago

As some of you are aware I’ve been working on this project for the last couple years. Last year I nailed the 3 track machine I...

Silvertone
replies: 125 views: 8,531
avare 1 day ago

I currently have the Fearn and while it sounds great, it is a bit fuzzy to my ears and isn't usable when I need clean...

Bmtblader
replies: 2 views: 171
carloff 1 day ago

Anyone with any knowledge of these two mics and how they compare? I had a U99 maybe ten or so years ago and loved it. It had a...

oceantracks
replies: 11 views: 356
cheu78 1 day ago

Hi guys, I'm considering upgrading my desk this year and I would like to make it a worth while investment. I've been using...

cuba1956
replies: 272 views: 16,171
cuba1956 1 day ago

Hi slutz, I need suggestions on a preamp and microphone combo for crooner vocals ala Chris Isaak/Raul Malo. I currently have a...

Vox66
replies: 18 views: 690
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

Looking around these forums and me being around the recording and pro audio retail industry for over 30 years, I’ve come across...

TrophySony
replies: 11 views: 665
TrophySony 1 day ago

Good morning, can anyone chime in and give me their opinion on this U67 ? If i am truly lucky Mr Klaus Heyne ? Any ideas on...

Derek Reese
replies: 217 views: 10,534
mikoo69 1 day ago

Seriously considering some 500 stuff. I have nothing as yet, so I am going to ask some of you to point me in the right direction....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 354 views: 63,205
briczo 1 day ago

Im looking at buying an SSL AXIOM MT+ or Neve Capricorn console since I love working on classic digital mixing consoles. The...

NSV11UP
replies: 1 views: 139
jindrich 1 day ago

There is an updated version of the Mytek Brooklyn called the Brooklyn...

LesC
replies: 15 views: 5,383
srs148 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search