The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 68,042
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

uh oh TC has discontinued the Reverb 4000. I guess that day has finally came, they've been selling it dirt cheap for a while now....

SStudio
replies: 8 views: 629
AudioGaff 1 minute ago

Years ago was over at a friends studio and he pulls out this huge red piece of gear labeled a VT-15! I was like what the hell is...

ChuckyGold
replies: 29 views: 1,616
Doc Mixwell 9 minutes ago

Hi guyz, I would really appreciate your feedback on this, been juggling idea to buy a recording truck. Its with 40ch SSL 4000 G...

Zmago Šmon
replies: 3 views: 118
Zmago Šmon 25 minutes ago

Hi There, My current mix setup is a combo of KH120a's with a KH805 sub, and then some Avantone mix cubes. (Room is fully...

citrusburst
replies: 14 views: 852
Noctambulant 28 minutes ago

I'm routing these 4 hardware reverb units to the sends of my console for mixing many various styles of music (largely rock). For...

Nevemachine
replies: 67 views: 4,013
robert82 28 minutes ago

Mic for male pop vocals; 1. Sony C800G 2. Tele ELAM251 3. Neumann U47 4. Neumann U67 Also, if you have time, the reasons...

itwillendintears
replies: 0 views: 20
itwillendintears 47 minutes ago

Hi there peoples. I have an EMI 301 valve tape machine. Living in the UK. The unit kinda powers up but motors are done.. A...

Amiaris
replies: 1 views: 1,067
snod_donkey 1 hour ago

I´m starting a project which I want to share with all the "vintage-gearslutz" out there. The restauration of this...

Ostrong Audio
replies: 146 views: 31,454
vintagemic 1 hour ago

Hi guys. I have a Focusrite Red 3 compressor with tantalum capacitors. It is a revision 2. It has input and output...

Ingenia
replies: 4 views: 520
the fxs 2 hours ago

Looking to see if anyone has experience with both of these mics and can provide some feedback and opinion. I'm looking for a...

packermans4
replies: 15 views: 575
crille_mannen 2 hours ago

Hello guys. I would appreciate help with recognizing microphones used by France24. Who is its manufacturer? Please have a...

SirPL
replies: 1 views: 76
peterwagner 3 hours ago

the best hardware tape emulation today? i want that tape thing happening in the analog domain before the ad convertion....

Arseny
replies: 666 views: 66,976
AlexK 5 hours ago

I read when earlier 6386 tube Vari Mu's get upgraded with highpass switches they loose their "vibe". I know they...

Free Mind
replies: 3 views: 342
roger 5 hours ago

Well I'm posting here because I believe if its Chandler gear it's High End. The mic comes packed in its own wood case in a box...

bzone
replies: 70 views: 2,827
terrysound 6 hours ago

Hi, i know there are a lot of posts about monitors, i have done some digging and wanted to get opinions. My Room has a lite...

Sanlky
replies: 27 views: 2,829
Davidestrelinha 9 hours ago

Curious about these opto comps. Both utilize similar technology, from what I’ve read the Buzz is faster and more versatile, and...

NamelessUnknown
replies: 0 views: 118
NamelessUnknown 12 hours ago

I'm looking at this or the Ferrofish - I did a search and read the old threads - Any new end user feedback?

Quantumphysics
replies: 0 views: 135
Quantumphysics 12 hours ago

Being down under in New Zealand (and with me living away from the main centres) I do not get many opportunities to test gear out...

waldie wave
replies: 33 views: 1,023
Crazy4Jazz 12 hours ago

The fan went out on my 8x192. I ordered a new one, but in my haste, I made an egregious error and forgot to note which header I...

JSVice
replies: 3 views: 184
lectric 16 hours ago

Hi folks, I'm got a large space adjacent to my studio that i can use as an echochamber. So i'm wondering what kind of mics...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 19 views: 939
standingwave 16 hours ago

The Patch, I have been waiting for this for over a year! Viewed it at NAMM 2018. This 2019 it was there again and they have them...

bzone
replies: 95 views: 4,709
bzone 16 hours ago

So any speculations about this? What would you like to see? Different reverbs? Unreal reverbs? Other fx?

OurDarkness
replies: 378 views: 64,346
Johannes w1 19 hours ago

I've narrowed my search down to these two options. I'll probably order both and listen. But is there anyone who has heard...

calebloveless
replies: 15 views: 1,205
AudioGaff 23 hours ago

Anyone set this up before. Im going visiting a studio next week and i am just wondering how long it takes to set up. and is...

THE_NIK
replies: 2 views: 277
The Oracle 1 day ago

Does anybody own both and can you give me your opinion when comparing both products againts each other? Will use mainly for buss,...

wynmor
replies: 10 views: 3,895
waldie wave 1 day ago

Have you guys seen this new summing mixer/routing mixer? Looks cool, check it out; http://www.apiaudio.com/thebox.html

ppanton321
replies: 544 views: 85,748
callmelaub 1 day ago

Coil Audio

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 30 views: 1,889
swafford 1 day ago

Hello. Does anybody have any experience with Harrison Mr4? I've been offered one, a 48 ch in decent condition with lots of...

giraf
replies: 37 views: 11,760
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 day ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,842 views: 1,641,390
127Riot 1 day ago

Have a BAE 11 space and Daking 500 pre. Have hum with the Daking, but no hum from the empty BAE. Which is the culprit? I don’t...

Ox Han
replies: 10 views: 493
withintheflux 1 day ago

Just sold my K&h o300. It's been a difficult decission since they were the first gear I bought when I started making music....

just_manu
replies: 22 views: 1,038
Paul_G 1 day ago

APART FROM GML - whats is a great mix bus EQ? i am after a cheaper alternative to GML 8200 i was looking at API5500 among...

Beastie
replies: 123 views: 21,904
Thebigcomedown 1 day ago

What are people's experiences with the Slate Dragon Hardware Compressor? What do you like to use it on? What do you find it...

PeterChapman
replies: 3 views: 478
mattcollen 1 day ago

Got $3,000 to spend, using in a 12x15 treated control room, currently using KRK V6's (version 1). Also considered the Adam...

Midiguy
replies: 144 views: 22,812
rezident 1 day ago

Looking for new monitors for a small home mixing studio (16m2, 40m3). Has some treatment / bass trapping, not too bad sounding...

aside
replies: 10 views: 821
Noctambulant 1 day ago

I am currently using the Focal Solo 6 Be and about to take the ATC plunge. My sales rep. mentioned that he auditioned both of the...

Cooleyocity
replies: 11 views: 606
Cooleyocity 1 day ago

Hi to all of you How does IZ radar converters stand-up sonically sound wise compared to today's converters. Has anyone done...

terrysound
replies: 24 views: 1,564
terrysound 1 day ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,011 views: 1,006,876
Bryce 1 day ago

I'm trying to decide between the AEA RPQ2 and the RPQ500. I've got a R84 that I can't get loud enough with my current pres...

franktree
replies: 1 views: 284
franktree 1 day ago

Well, I have shoved numerous signals into a Sebatron AXIS 200 VU Valve Preamplifier and this thing is amazingly good, it can go...

TheLastByte
replies: 17 views: 2,198
Thunderbird 1 day ago

Is SSL Matrix 2 still a good choice in 2019 ? I guess theres many alternative available today even a mixerless workflow with...

roc
replies: 14 views: 1,430
Progmatic-Studios 1 day ago

I have been looking closely at the SSL Matrix for a while , but after watching videos such as this one YouTube I am starting to...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 24 views: 1,988
javamad 1 day ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,185 views: 115,763
puriteaudio 1 day ago

Hello guys I'm a newbie to this forum so If I describe it in the wrong way please forgive me. I just recently bought a used...

dvmusic
replies: 10 views: 429
Rec_Eng 1 day ago

Hello does anyone know where Bobby Caldwell "what you won't do for love" was recorded. i'm curious to know what was...

walth
replies: 8 views: 1,197
massimo 1 day ago

I have a pair of Focal SM9s and the right speaker is silent except for some self noise. The left speaker has some hum on top of...

mossie23
replies: 10 views: 1,207
johnlewisgrant 2 days ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,728 views: 125,920
Moondog007 2 days ago

I have been using SCA N72's since I started producing years ago. I have always liked them, but I have no idea to how they stack...

calebloveless
replies: 2 views: 346
Drumsound 2 days ago

Im trying to repair some dunamics card for SSL 4000, Ive recapped them but they are completely dead no sound is going through...

Showcase
replies: 28 views: 3,442
Spanzor 2 days ago

Anyone here using the CM-2 or another cool model? It's a broadcast console, but with just *ridiculous* pres. Back in the...

thejook
replies: 308 views: 86,783
DavidChampoux 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search