The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 77,052
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Current release models as at February 2020. Flagship models only* This list is just for recreation and entertainment value and to...

Cameron Hamill
replies: 13 views: 1,000
psycho_monkey 32 minutes ago

I swear no one talks about these. Now, I have my reservations, but if I owned one of these, you bet your butt I'd be posting...

sam guaiana
replies: 18 views: 3,107
NathanBarley 51 minutes ago

Greetings to all. I'm a new member and self proclaimed old hand. After many years I finally felt compelled to join this...

kurtackerman
replies: 31 views: 4,085
eb0248 1 hour ago

Running a small 2 channel tracking rig for a project. Main uses are Vocals, Acoustic and Electric Guitars, DI Bass. Mics are...

mikoo69
replies: 64 views: 3,702
Ajavalon 2 hours ago

Years ago, renowned vintage microphone tech/mic expert Klaus Heyne coined the term the "Big 5 Mics." The term was...

SharpKillerCable
replies: 40 views: 6,427
SharpKillerCable 2 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 1,323 views: 152,209
SongsByGROVER 4 hours ago

They should actually sound better cause they are 24/96. However there is currently no streaming service that sounds as good as an...

syra
replies: 6 views: 942
lunastus 4 hours ago

I am placing several threads for various answers but I noticed this is a critical question and may help me narrow down my...

CJ1973
replies: 579 views: 158,030
AB3 4 hours ago

Hey All, I'm about to start mixing an LP I engineered/produced, and my studio just got a new piece of gear: the Neve Portico...

HobbyRobby
replies: 67 views: 14,889
anatomix 4 hours ago

Just wondering I have the 1974 eq. Love it works great for the bus and some light mastering. If to get another peice what would...

spektor
replies: 2 views: 302
spektor 4 hours ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,032 views: 217,279
missioncontrol 5 hours ago

Ok, what's the WORST piece of gear that you have? Mine would be this POS yamaha guitar I bought with a Kustum POS amp for...

cashewcupcake
replies: 459 views: 92,216
9xSound 5 hours ago

Hello, I am looking for a new hardware compressor with not subtle effect: I am in search of weight, density, fatness. I...

sergioelectro
replies: 10 views: 698
Scragend 5 hours ago

I love everything about this album and was curious to know more details about the recording process, techniques, and gear used if...

proxy
replies: 35 views: 4,153
mikoo69 5 hours ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 297 views: 37,121
Amiaris 6 hours ago

Hi all I don’t see any chats about these two together, which surprises me. Looking for some comments on the sound of these...

augustin187
replies: 2 views: 431
augustin187 9 hours ago

Would a pair of Genelec 8351A offer me an improvement over my Adam S3X-V? Has anybody heard both of the speakers? Two friends...

Arseny
replies: 8 views: 594
Scholl 11 hours ago

I have a Chandler Zener. Lives on my Mixbuss. Sometimes Drumbuss. On Mixbuss i mostly just do a minimal amount of GR, it's more...

cracki
replies: 13 views: 3,352
Alex Kretov 12 hours ago

I´m starting a project which I want to share with all the "vintage-gearslutz" out there. The restauration of this...

Ostrong Audio
replies: 153 views: 35,312
gb2601 13 hours ago

Hey guys I did a super rough and dirty comparison of these mics just for the fun of it. I recently came into possession of the...

jambander
replies: 26 views: 1,325
b0se 14 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,507 views: 221,797
Lupez 15 hours ago

So I've been LOVING my new R44 on a tonne of vocals but was recording a very intimate vocal and piano session today only to find...

PaulMac
replies: 23 views: 1,090
Crazy4Jazz 15 hours ago

its really simple,what is best analog to digital converter you ever heard,doesnt matter how much it cost or if its even curently...

Neodym
replies: 370 views: 52,976
johannburkard 17 hours ago

Hello folks, I have bought a Neumann 750 KH and had it for 2 days. Very well built subwoofer, however please note: - NONE of the...

nekkio99
replies: 31 views: 7,040
sound joe 19 hours ago

I just bought a pair of passive ATC SCM20s, and now I need an amp. Obviously I did my own research before coming here, but it...

disp
replies: 9 views: 553
paul brown 21 hours ago

Any thoughts? Black Box Analog Design HG-2 - Plugin Alliance :cowbell::cowbell::cowbell:

oranzil
replies: 12 views: 1,532
Artcutech 1 day ago

Just curious, is there a name for the aural oddity I hear in mixes where the bass guitar appears to be floating over the drums? ...

velvetgeorge
replies: 29 views: 1,292
JoeyM 1 day ago

With so much debate about HW vs SW, I wanted to make a list of top mixers, and the style of mixing they do: ITB, Hybrid, or...

proxy
replies: 140 views: 7,035
nolanneal 1 day ago

I am currently using the Focal Solo 6 Be and about to take the ATC plunge. My sales rep. mentioned that he auditioned both of the...

Cooleyocity
replies: 21 views: 2,314
mikoo69 1 day ago

who knows anything about this mic? it was produced by akg at the same time as the 251, but it's a small diaphram tube...

travista00
replies: 107 views: 42,792
juneaudio 1 day ago

Hey GS community I've been wondering how to go about comparing the fidelity of converters, specifically, DACs, when you don't...

PTB
replies: 28 views: 794
Oldone 1 day ago

First of all, I don't doubt the quality of their products or their performance. I know there are other boutique manufacturers...

thepilgrimsdream
replies: 73 views: 8,918
JimmyBoyZ 1 day ago

Hi, I am on the point of buying 1 vintage helios type69 module with the lustraphone transformers and my dream would be to...

willz33
replies: 2 views: 463
RoundBadge 1 day ago

Still a worthy and justifiable buy in 2019 ? I’m interested in giving my synth a worthy companion? Second hand ofcourse I...

Silly Cybin
replies: 4 views: 682
waldie wave 1 day ago

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 1,401 views: 88,394
Bob Olhsson 1 day ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 297 views: 25,980
rob S 1 day ago

I had opened a while a successful thread called Amphion... Beautiful. I'm a fan of their speakers as a mixing/mastering tool. I...

priko
replies: 95 views: 15,482
John Willett 1 day ago

Hello, I am seriously considering buying a pair of the new Genelec 8361 monitors. I have read great reviews about the new 8351...

paulieGB
replies: 28 views: 2,960
svarthvitt 1 day ago

I have had a Royer 121 for a minute but just got to using it on some really thick fuzzy guitars, which I was under the impression...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 19 views: 1,673
waldie wave 1 day ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,448 views: 1,127,698
[email protected] 1 day ago

Hi, 20 years later, I still regret selling my pair of 2254E's . Anyone owning or compared both the 2254 and 54F50? Do they...

Krubbadoo
replies: 6 views: 904
prismtheory 2 days ago

Hi Members, Is it possible to use a Merging Horus or Hapi as a mic pre amp only and connect it to a DAD AX32 for the Analog to...

Cameron Hamill
replies: 0 views: 365
Cameron Hamill 2 days ago

Hello fellow slutz! After starting a thread about 2 months ago, I have narrowed my selection of stereo analog EQs down to that of...

B-San
replies: 23 views: 8,278
dandeurloo 2 days ago

I’m looking to purchase an uber high end VOCAL microphone. I’m torn between the Josephson C725, the Chandler REDD, And the...

4142ssm
replies: 5 views: 1,334
dirker 2 days ago

Hi all. I have an API 1608 that’s now out of warranty and I’m out of spare op amps . Got a couple issues I’m pretty sure...

Snoggin
replies: 57 views: 8,265
disantlor 2 days ago

Hello, I've been looking to upgrade my Shure KSM44 pair for quite some time; great mics that are never bad but never exciting....

Elvis Christ
replies: 33 views: 998
chessparov2.0 2 days ago

I know the A77 is not really "high end" but I though there would likely be some folks who knew about it in this...

norfolk martin
replies: 16 views: 625
12ax7 2 days ago

Next week I am heading to Fort Wayne and plan to listen to these three speakers. They are all right at the $3000 mark. I would...

PresbyByrd
replies: 0 views: 561
PresbyByrd 2 days ago

I know this is a rather old unit, but since it has USB and Digital Inputs, I was wondering if anybody knows if it can actually...

dbot
replies: 0 views: 522
dbot 2 days ago

Hey! I have managed to get my hands on a pair of (rather badly) racked raindirk series 4 modules and I've been struggling like...

africantigercow
replies: 0 views: 537
africantigercow 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search