The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 69,457
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I can't decide if I should just buy the C800G, or the C414EB with the original brass CK12 capsule, and a vintage Neumann...

WillSqueak
replies: 23 views: 748
Samc 31 minutes ago

Not sure if this thread goes in "So much gear so little time" or "High end" so mods, move it if there's a...

ionian
replies: 16 views: 919
Karloff70 40 minutes ago

I know they're two different compressors but I have been trying to decide on one for a long time. I've owned the...

james410
replies: 44 views: 5,710
boneshowell 1 hour ago

I'm wondering what tape machine could give that nice gluey, compressed tape sound, everybody loves at a reasonable size? Ampex...

axelhuber
replies: 95 views: 3,639
Samc 1 hour ago

There are many threads discussing the relative value of hardware vs software compressors. Perhaps title should read: "Why...

mrand
replies: 616 views: 22,563
MIKEHARRIS 1 hour ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 2,003 views: 248,003
firedog 3 hours ago

hello mates, I've received a fresh new bae 1073 mpf yesterday and start to experiment, it sounds really good,different from...

keepthefaith
replies: 111 views: 16,827
Moondog007 4 hours ago

Here's a video comparing the Blue Bottle with a B6 capsule to a Vintage Neumann U47 (short body, original power supply and tube)....

burns46824
replies: 12 views: 505
toledo3 7 hours ago

I am wondering for those who have Hedd type 20. How far apart are they for good stereo separation? I was doing a mix 3 feet...

spektor
replies: 10 views: 1,226
rameron 7 hours ago

I've had both of these mics for a little while now and have been trying them on anything and everything I can, and because it's...

Samc
replies: 7 views: 521
robert82 7 hours ago

After extensive lurking here on gearslutz I've finally decided to chime in on my experiences with the Horch RM2J that I just got...

Lawsminguez
replies: 24 views: 5,863
Paul_G 8 hours ago

Well I'm posting here because I believe if its Chandler gear it's High End. The mic comes packed in its own wood case in a box...

bzone
replies: 203 views: 13,208
DougS 9 hours ago

Hi guys! I know this topic has been discussed and I've done my research...Anyway. I have a possibility to get me a cheap PCM70...

mherrane
replies: 1 views: 357
blackfinder 9 hours ago

I’m not sure if this is the correct part of the forum to post this, if not please move or delete. I’d like to know what...

127Riot
replies: 16 views: 810
johnnyc 9 hours ago

Hey guys, I know I know, lots of threads on these mic styles, etc. But unfortunately I have two dilemmas that prevent me from...

knariman
replies: 5 views: 230
chessparov2.0 10 hours ago

I was lucky enough to find a pair of Earthworks Sigma 6.2 monitors for a steal, and I am absolutely in love. For anyone who...

hairbow
replies: 7 views: 735
hairbow 10 hours ago

Hi and Happy New Year to all! I am a little surprised about the lack of discussions regarding Hedd Audio studio monitors while...

mantovibe
replies: 38 views: 4,547
J. David Hunter 12 hours ago

I'm currently running an MTR-90III for my multitrack and I was considering changing my heads from the 24-track format to...

burns46824
replies: 37 views: 1,489
burns46824 12 hours ago

For the first time in decades I have sprayed the pre/lines on this Neve 33115 sitting in a Neve 5315. On opening them up I was...

xlon
replies: 60 views: 4,287
burns46824 13 hours ago

The title says it all. Fire away with anything high end you wish to brag about!

Earcatcher
replies: 118 views: 7,129
vincentvangogo 13 hours ago

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: * Amels And Gualtieri Team Up To Form AnaMod * * (Gillette, New Jersey, USA – January 10, 2007) -...

replies: 1,969 views: 277,421
rob S 15 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,067 views: 1,027,724
Lazer Toms 17 hours ago

I’ve just swapped out a few bits of kit and have about 2k to spend. I primarily make electronic/dance music and currently the...

Bratley
replies: 5 views: 632
Bratley 18 hours ago

As some of you are aware I’ve been working on this project for the last couple years. Last year I nailed the 3 track machine I...

Silvertone
replies: 89 views: 4,381
deedeeyeah 20 hours ago
replies: - views: -
octatonic 22 hours ago

Right now ,I usually record my main out of the Api to the analog in of the radar,or would I get a better results to use the Burl...

johnnyz
replies: 4 views: 508
RoundBadge 22 hours ago

Hi, first post here! I'd like to invest in a pair of high end mics to do solo finger-style acoustic recordings. At the...

WJohnston92
replies: 7 views: 1,011
aaron hopper 23 hours ago

Mad scientist content ahead... cooge I am trying to get the best of both worlds between ITB and HW. I want to: 1. Push groups...

proxy
replies: 7 views: 544
DeadPoet 1 day ago

I'm currently using an MTR-90III 2" 16-track... I was using a Studer A800 mkIII the other day and I really liked the...

burns46824
replies: 22 views: 784
Drumsound 1 day ago

Anyone know the differences between the Tube-Tech CL-1B and the CL-1A? Thanks in advance, Mark

dumbleator
replies: 42 views: 13,125
Frankie Mumbles 1 day ago

So moving from my current chain is WA87 -> ART VLA II, which sounds good and warm with that tube pre. Now i got myself a new...

facy102
replies: 0 views: 281
facy102 1 day ago

Has anyone ever heard of grace design pre's, or has anyone ever used them. I'm looking to get a few of them cause I get a...

lanemeyer16
replies: 23 views: 3,611
elambo 1 day ago
replies: 1 views: 494
Gav G 1 day ago

i am looking to buy a new FET mic for my studio after i purchased an Avalon 737. after hearing so much about the classic u87...

tigerwoots
replies: 89 views: 3,801
9xSound 1 day ago

I tried to search for this and if there are answers to the question other than no please direct me and I will delete this...

voiceactor
replies: 14 views: 652
deuc647 1 day ago

I've been thinking about filling in a Purple Audio Sweet Ten with a Moiyn, Cans Module, and eight CAPI Missing Links...or...

herecomesyourman
replies: 8 views: 950
chazfilez 1 day ago

Hello friends I own a Merging Technologies Hapi for a couple of years but haven't been recording with it yet I am thinking of...

Udi Koomran
replies: 9 views: 754
Doc Mixwell 1 day ago

There's any differences between the American and Japanese version?

Yave Blackfire
replies: 1 views: 371
Extreme Mixing 1 day ago

Have you guys seen this new summing mixer/routing mixer? Looks cool, check it out; http://www.apiaudio.com/thebox.html

ppanton321
replies: 558 views: 88,816
Will The Weirdo 1 day ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,401 views: 200,056
SynthCat 1 day ago

Hello friends. I am interested in these two candidates only, no other options for now. I like vari-mu style compression, I...

Mr. Bars
replies: 13 views: 1,222
XAXAU 1 day ago

What is the difference sound wise anyway? I'm looking to sum a few keyboards to a stereo output (live) and the passive mixers...

Joniverse
replies: 13 views: 19,630
zkwsk 2 days ago
replies: 155 views: 31,321
[email protected] 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
cheu78 2 days ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,341 views: 133,753
Bernstein 2 days ago

Hello everybody, I need an advice on which mic would be best to buy. I alredy owned these: Neumann U87Ai, Telefunken/Neumann...

menestrello
replies: 22 views: 5,094
chthoniangod 2 days ago

any new feedback from the HEDD type 20 speakers. anyone have them? how is the translation verses say something more clinical...

acupunk
replies: 58 views: 4,580
rameron 2 days ago

I'm wondering and perplexed.. I had him do a B&O mod and resto early in the year, communication and delivery was...

fivestarstudios
replies: 11 views: 3,212
drybones 2 days ago

Sonically what are the main differences between these two?

Gringo Starr
replies: 3 views: 1,269
Paul_G 2 days ago

it gets used around here for so many things - room, vocals, elec guitars, kick...but my favorite is when it's all by...

jono
replies: 60 views: 4,855
chessparov2.0 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search