The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

<mod note - will merge here - Rupert Neve 1926-2021 - eventually but will leave stuck to top of forum for an appropriate...

Husky Squad
replies: 28 views: 2,612
MBE 5 days ago

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 86,447
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 432 views: 61,314
chaosium 3 minutes ago

Hello, kfhkh So, burl ? JCF audio ? Forssell ? Lavry Gold ? Anything new in 2020? Haven't read much on this topic for...

Sybille
replies: 216 views: 16,980
IanBSC 17 minutes ago
replies: 344 views: 41,718
[email protected] 34 minutes ago

What do you reach for that works for you most of the time....?

drockfresh
replies: 22 views: 1,115
PdotDdot 1 hour ago

ks digital

i build small project studios, mostly for clients who come to sing or play at my place. so heres this client who says " i...

audiothings
replies: 100 views: 40,940
XARC Mastering 1 hour ago

I cant find much on similar devices like the CM Labs Sixtyfour, but I would think there are other alternatives with similar...

androne
replies: 25 views: 2,524
#19 1 hour ago

I’ve been looking at many LDC’s for mainly vocals and have been fairly impressed with the Soyuz 017 FET. Does anyone have...

Elisionary
replies: 14 views: 1,022
earlevel 1 hour ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 2,586 views: 371,435
dixiedrakex 1 hour ago

Anyone else seen this ? SSL Stereo Bus Compressor 500-series

junglestar
replies: 42 views: 21,805
NathanEldred 1 hour ago

Has anyone compared these two and noticed any difference? Are they internally quite similar, disregarding the EQ on the...

hyperfacex
replies: 12 views: 2,476
tekn0 3 hours ago

I am trying to research the neve 32254e compressor limiters. I see a few sales here and there for them but i cant seem to find...

carolcappetta
replies: 19 views: 534
carolcappetta 3 hours ago

After following development closely since launch in 2013, and feeling more and more like what allows me to be productive is...

basehead617
replies: 6 views: 297
the russian 3 hours ago

I remember a few years ago the Avalon 737 was like $1300-1500 and now it’s getting over $2k. A few select gear as well. Not...

gsilbers
replies: 15 views: 525
rollmottle 3 hours ago

Hello fello audio nerdz! Not another "which vocal mic" question! My apologies....I know this comes up a lot. I'm...

FretlessFury
replies: 32 views: 769
kludgeaudio 3 hours ago

Hi, I am currently soldering a bunch of elco/ edac connectors for my DDA DMR12 console. I am working on the Line Inputs edac at...

hally
replies: 7 views: 299
BIG BUDDHA 4 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 2,070 views: 269,742
puriteaudio 6 hours ago

New Classic or waste of time? I'm hearing mostly good things... And you? Posted from Airports, Planes, Busses, Taxi's, Trains...

GearOnTheGo
replies: 22 views: 4,695
Kingsle 6 hours ago

Hello guys I have a question, Selling my D-Box and get the SSL Fusion? or keep it? The point is, I bought the d-box years...

Yave Blackfire
replies: 11 views: 2,559
Faderjockey 9 hours ago

It isn’t that often that you find a mic-pre to really get excited about anymore. There have been so many crowding the...

nemisis633
replies: 170 views: 41,772
Crankitup 9 hours ago

What inductor based eq's are out there for the 500 series? So far i know of Electrodyne 511's and RND 551's

Radic
replies: 30 views: 7,260
Kronos147 10 hours ago

I know, the short answer is, “the Daking 500”! But as far as I know it’s discontinued. I’m using two UA Apollos for...

rmedek
replies: 18 views: 652
ToddP 10 hours ago

I'm fairly new to 500 format and currently have a 6 space lunchbox with 4 modules in it. I'd like to double that this year and...

Hollowman9
replies: 1 views: 205
rajprods 11 hours ago

This morning one of the MM35s is not turning on mezed I dont see a fuse box but maybe there's one inside? does anyone...

YOHAMI
replies: 8 views: 520
YOHAMI 13 hours ago

I realize best is almost always a relative term. Particualry with regard to character pieces. Like the age old question who of...

Palermo
replies: 132 views: 19,889
Fehrplay 16 hours ago

Hey everyone. I'm about to jump in and stock up on some pres. I see that the Aurora's get some pretty good reviews which is...

Pops
replies: 11 views: 376
Pops 20 hours ago

1) Yes, handle on top. 2) No, don't like handle on top

dbock
replies: 5 views: 241
ratite 20 hours ago

I've tried several I found on their manual and interwebs and they're all disconnected. It's literally the only thing weirding me...

Lost_Cause
replies: 1 views: 144
Lost_Cause 1 day ago

Hello everybody, Time for my first post here. I run my own little mixing studio. No recording, no mastering, only mixing. I...

Rob Gordon
replies: 423 views: 32,482
psycho_monkey 1 day ago

Hello, I recently upgraded my vocal booth and room, so I've decided to purchase a new vocal chain. I already have a U87ai and I...

MicPoe
replies: 83 views: 13,246
Arichlsss 1 day ago

im wanting to bye a 1073 have tryed the ams neve but im hearing the bae 1073 is identical but alot less money is this true?

RockDog
replies: 72 views: 48,453
tekn0 1 day ago

Has anyone had a chance to use both of these enough to venture an opinion? Thanks

Gary Flanigan
replies: 10 views: 5,254
qslprod 1 day ago

Hello, I contacted Focal to ask about this. Hoping they get back to me quickly, I was hoping to get a little help here: I'm...

Sheldon Cooper
replies: 4 views: 180
Sheldon Cooper 1 day ago

Not a lot of user input any users want to share your thoughts on this Pre Im thinking about getting 1 Thanks Rick

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 59 views: 12,801
andersmv 1 day ago

Found these in a friend’s parent’s loft along with a couple of 60s Reslos. They were at the BBC around that time so...

Obpjoe
replies: 4 views: 182
vincentvangogo 1 day ago

Hi, anybody can tell this vintage U87 is legit or not? Any sign of modifications?confoosed

citytape
replies: 7 views: 363
pencilextremist 1 day ago
replies: 0 views: 97
wlancetaylor 1 day ago

Hey everyone, I decided to get a mixing console. Somebody would sell me an good looking and working Studer 963 Mixing...

Duplex One
replies: 39 views: 15,705
FLUKE 1 day ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 1,178 views: 209,643
mikegentry 1 day ago

I'm putting together a new studio and am trying to think through consoles. I live in an area where I'm not going to be able to...

franktree
replies: 12 views: 459
the russian 1 day ago

May I be the first to kick it off this year... Ordered another ma5 today:) Let's see some more...

turk sanchez
replies: 1,895 views: 564,891
Kronos147 1 day ago

Hey all, Just pulled the trigger on a Trinnov ST2 for my room and wanted to find out some honest responses from people other...

Tansao
replies: 29 views: 1,156
Chevron 1 day ago

I am looking for an owner of a Quad Eight CPR-16, to help me with identifying parts of the power supply, values of capacitors,...

SP2016
replies: 7 views: 2,810
General Malaise 1 day ago

Question for Alpha-Link / Delta-Link users and dealers.... SSL recommends using very short digilink cable lengths to connect...

azirkin
replies: 7 views: 1,712
Lizadespara 1 day ago

Reading the 'Pictures with mic-qd up drum kits' thread, led me wonder about this particular subject. Reason being is that I very...

ultra motion
replies: 29 views: 7,556
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Hello friends. I am interested in these two candidates only, no other options for now. I like vari-mu style compression, I...

Mr. Bars
replies: 55 views: 7,103
themiracle 1 day ago

Hi guys, has anyone ever experienced this kind of issue with Focals, I had never noticed before, today I was cleaning the studio...

_Ludovico
replies: 0 views: 116
_Ludovico 1 day ago

I 'm interested in changing the op amps in the centre section on a vintage API console. Anyone have experience of the 990's,...

Jack P
replies: 17 views: 3,797
dbock 2 days ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,731 views: 1,838,263
axlepaas 2 days ago

Does anyone know what CLA has his dbx 902's set to? Is the Range above or below the Normal area? Mode set to HF Only or...

Nevemachine
replies: 1 views: 253
Nevemachine 2 days ago

Hello everyone, Was hoping I could turn to Gearslutz for some guidance on finishing a set of recording chain options for my...

SYNTHME
replies: 0 views: 108
SYNTHME 2 days ago

Moderators