The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Views: 795
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 82,752
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hello guys, freshflowe I'm a little lost trying to compare the sonic properties of different tube preamps because where I live I...

Sybille
replies: 26 views: 1,717
peterh1050 35 minutes ago

Looking for the best mic stands...For rack toms specifically. cost is not an issue, any suggestions would be helpful. I have the...

6_Three
replies: 84 views: 5,589
unitymusic 44 minutes ago

Millennia Microphone Preamps: ARE THEY THAT GOOD? Hi Gear People are these Millennia micpre that good as they say, are they as...

JOHN
replies: 181 views: 45,150
RightOnRome 1 hour ago

What are you go to hardware compressors for bass guitar in mix?

winvbass
replies: 112 views: 11,527
David C. 1 hour ago

I know that there are a lot of amazing vintage Japanese synthesizers, guitar and guitar amps, microphones (Sanken are a true...

cmwolf
replies: 8 views: 477
chessparov2.0 2 hours ago

I'm interested in something over the top for this summer for vocals and whatever else I've heard good things about the Chandler...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 20 views: 861
adam_f 2 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 1,846 views: 224,934
CanadaSC1 2 hours ago

I did a quick shootout and would love some input on what you prefer. I used the following mics, recording through a Neve Portico...

sleshnyc
replies: 31 views: 1,103
N1Greg 3 hours ago

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about this school ? Some of their song writing courses look pretty good! I'm in Hawaii...

Seti808
replies: 21 views: 3,669
MYN 3 hours ago

Hi everyone, my first post here. I was about to buy an Overstayer SVC after a mixing session at Invada Studios in Bristol,...

Mostar
replies: 6 views: 146
disantlor 3 hours ago

I dont want to shell out nearly $400 for the EA87 or get some cheap knock off that might break and drop my mic. The EA4 doesn't...

TikkoRome
replies: 7 views: 393
pencilextremist 4 hours ago

I’m currently summing through a Nicerizer and have a TK BC1, TK Lizer, UBK Fatso, Kush Tweaker and Drawmer 1973. I’m...

Bratley
replies: 1 views: 90
IAMGOD_OFFICIAL 4 hours ago

I have both C700A and Flea 47 - both amazing mics! I particularly like the C700A on acoustic guitar and the Flea 47 for my voice....

ProPower
replies: 1 views: 76
StevenLMorgan 4 hours ago

It's funny... At first it's not a big deal. But, after a few hours the noise starts getting on my last nerves! I don't dare...

smoovemode
replies: 113 views: 13,896
andrea19837 5 hours ago

Introduction: Given the lack of information available on the Neve 8816, I wanted to share my setup and workflow with it. I’m...

Malawar
replies: 5 views: 1,368
makasi 5 hours ago

Hi all, what are the recommendations for a hardware peak limiter for the final stage of the mix. Im going out to analog...

South Brokelyn
replies: 3 views: 196
mherrane 6 hours ago

Hey Everyone, I have a Mojave MA-1000 tube mic, and love this mic. But I don't have a comparable solid state mic (of the...

KD_Banjer
replies: 92 views: 2,959
Dusty Wakeman 7 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,810 views: 221,989
puriteaudio 7 hours ago

Vintage Digital Gear - to buy or not from your expirience stuff like old reverb units harmonizers etc. Lexicon Eventide...

Udi Koomran
replies: 5 views: 284
santibanks 7 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,691 views: 242,426
e-are 9 hours ago

Is there a consensus on how much make up gain a pultec clone should have? My understanding is that the original unit could send a...

Pipe_Dream
replies: 0 views: 87
Pipe_Dream 9 hours ago

I am designing a large orchestral studio. I am going with a mix of Avid MTRX and Merging HORUS as my main Mic-pre's. Now - both...

adimodi
replies: 1 views: 91
pentagon 10 hours ago

So in my search for a summing mixer ( yes I bought into the whole summing mixer snake oil thing ) I found a Heritage Audio MCM-8...

wannaberocker
replies: 8 views: 2,327
IAMGOD_OFFICIAL 10 hours ago

Hi everyone — I’m curious how to setup an external side chain with the Bettermaker c502v compressor thru USB. Can someone...

goldi
replies: 14 views: 1,533
HeAniganist 13 hours ago

for me its Bricasti Design M7

mnawara
replies: 175 views: 12,355
Audio Child 14 hours ago

Seriously considering some 500 stuff. I have nothing as yet, so I am going to ask some of you to point me in the right direction....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 358 views: 66,159
kludgeaudio 15 hours ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 1,009 views: 180,217
Ward Pike 15 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,916 views: 1,210,729
Riccardo 18 hours ago

hello, Has anyone here upgraded their original Dangerous Music D-Box to the newer D-Box+? Apart from the extra features, in...

mnawara
replies: 2 views: 179
DogCake 18 hours ago

Hello, I have a short question. I have been using a "Brauner Phantom Classic" microphone for years. It's a really...

Benjamin81
replies: 2 views: 211
Benjamin81 18 hours ago

So I have had the Ferrofish Pulse 16 for a few weeks now and I wanted to let you guys in on what I thought. For those who dont...

Morgueritual
replies: 6 views: 2,818
bgood 19 hours ago

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 1,474 views: 100,583
TomVY 21 hours ago

Hi all. I've been mixing an album which was recorded through Lynx Aurora converters. In the recording process, the Aurora was...

Ski spiggy
replies: 98 views: 19,470
BrettB 23 hours ago

I want to purchase a new Obsidian but need the one that has the most control over the low end frequencies on the mix bus. I'm...

rcd
replies: 32 views: 3,953
mixerguy 1 day ago

RayHeath and monkeyxx asked me to post about the new Heiserman H47tube... I think high end is probably the right place. Here...

drBill
replies: 109 views: 9,191
Phillip R. 1 day ago

Hi, A couple of years ago, I purchased a used U87AI in near mint condition that was made in 2014. I've been recording podcasts...

BDW42
replies: 6 views: 277
Klaus 1 day ago

My gut says no, but my lust says yes. I am finally building out my little studio in an old log house we bought a few years ago. I...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 729 views: 53,575
Looneytune 1 day ago

Searching for measurements of "before and after" for Genelec SAM / GLM listening environments to see how accurate...

CanadaSC1
replies: 7 views: 314
CanadaSC1 1 day ago

So, I have this hurtling towards me on a truck: https://www.electricandcompany.com/pages/ec7-preamp Sort of a reimagined...

bgood
replies: 7 views: 524
bgood 1 day ago

Hi there, does anyone have any experience/thoughts on the effects of console power supply cable length? The cable running to...

bmaughan
replies: 0 views: 103
bmaughan 1 day ago

Hi slutz! I just demoed the new Myburgh M1 mic, and did a quick comparison with Brauner VM1 and Horch RM2J. It´s not an...

Skrinsen
replies: 10 views: 504
blaugruen7 1 day ago

Need some help choosing a 500 eq. I have an rupert neve 551 eq that i love for boosting. But it doesnt have the eq points i need...

espenwestbye
replies: 0 views: 132
espenwestbye 1 day ago

Amir over at AudioScienceReview has been testing speakers for a while with a state of the art Klippel system. He includes...

syncussion
replies: 5 views: 266
syncussion 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Brent Hahn 1 day ago

I’ve been on a bit of an acquisition tear that’s about run it’s course and I like to acknowledge folks that really kick...

bgood
replies: 5 views: 436
Ward Pike 1 day ago

Purple ODD

Hello, Does anybody owns this EQ? If so, what do you think? Compared to the E27 and PEQ? Thinking of getting a 500 series EQ...

TROT
replies: 55 views: 17,708
KabbySoundStudio 1 day ago

I just realized this existed, Interphase Audio EQ 2.2. Sounds pretty sweet from the first demos videos, and for what you get,...

fromthepuggle
replies: 0 views: 148
fromthepuggle 2 days ago

Hi Everyone, I own a Mojave MA-1000, and really love the high-end and open tone as well as the variable pattern...

KD_Banjer
replies: 3 views: 314
syntheticrhyme 2 days ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,437 views: 1,754,930
Drumsound 2 days ago

Hey there gang I wanted to hear some your thoughts on this Now in most cases we know that the sound of a transformer in some...

VT-MHE
replies: 76 views: 23,204
HalcyonFire 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search