The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 78,680
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I wanna buy an ampex 350, of course they are few and far between ... and leads on one? Or what would be a comparable machine - I...

shakermaker3
replies: 26 views: 1,782
avare 28 minutes ago

Please post your experience if you had the chance and funds to buy this new product. I searched for user reviews but not much...

11bit
replies: 138 views: 21,505
loji 1 hour ago

Hi, Sorry for another preamp thread shiee Ok so here it goes.. I just recently sold my CS Spider. I was only using 2ch so...

crille_mannen
replies: 38 views: 970
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

Wound one yesterday using a reel of Realistic 7" 0.5 tape. It worked and sounded excellent for about two hours and hten...

RonCarlston
replies: 0 views: 35
RonCarlston 2 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,620 views: 191,009
John Moran 2 hours ago

Hi guys! After alot of lurking, reading, listening etc. I've decided to get a Portico II MBP. It's will first hardware compressor...

MatsNo
replies: 84 views: 18,198
IAMGOD_OFFICIAL 2 hours ago

Fellow Bock/Soundelux fans, we come here to praise them... Not to bury them (in the Mix). Which one(s) do you have, and why do...

chessparov2.0
replies: 7 views: 274
kellyd 3 hours ago

I am hankering to buy a Daking FET III for tracking and master bus duties. Is anyone doing this today? I did see people doing...

Heartfelt
replies: 49 views: 11,252
sirjuxtable 4 hours ago

I’m not a justin Bieber fan but you can’t argue with the results. He uses a c800g or 251 usually. Will use a u47 if needed....

cap217
replies: 33 views: 2,108
hellohead 4 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,538 views: 1,149,545
Karloff70 4 hours ago

Hello 1608ers. I'm about a month away from finishing tracking my first album on a 1608 and starting to mix. I've been using a big...

noah90210
replies: 196 views: 34,472
johnnyz 5 hours ago

Hi, I'm a long time lurker - just registered - I was wondering if anyone else out there uses genuine am7/11 or 13 BBC line...

BanterLeroy
replies: 7 views: 3,348
Matt Syson 7 hours ago

I'm looking to really upgrade all my recording stuff and want to get a powerful setup in as few pieces as possible. Room...

brokesnob
replies: 19 views: 585
Penguino 8 hours ago

This is my first post on the forum, but I've been visiting for years and greatly appreciate the input from this...

RayHeath
replies: 310 views: 19,445
GreenNeedle 8 hours ago

Hello, friends, it's that time again, I need your professional advice :) Initial situation: I have a stereo track...

max_cluba
replies: 0 views: 100
max_cluba 9 hours ago

Hello everybody, I don't understand how come in the vocals Serban Ghenea mix there is not one single harsh frequency, his vocals...

u929
replies: 11 views: 734
nickknack 9 hours ago

Blue Stripe... really? I mean REALLY? mezed those are being selling for $5k or $6k there's a guy on e bay asking...

Pastor Obviedo
replies: 73 views: 34,649
thehightenor 9 hours ago

So, after being disappointed in the ATC SCM20 actives, I don't know what to believe anymore. The usual suspects for high end...

Bmtblader
replies: 24 views: 1,190
Scholl 9 hours ago

I've got an EP3 up at the beginning of my chain before my distortion pedals. I don't want it running every time I power on my...

RonCarlston
replies: 2 views: 127
elegentdrum 15 hours ago

I’m doing rap and r&b ... microphone is a Manley ref c .... I kinda have my mind set on the usual suspects 1073 and cl1b...

Cokey30
replies: 51 views: 1,137
Cokey30 16 hours ago

What is the verdict on this kit? Anyone using it? If so, how satisfactory do you find it? Is the price justified? What are the...

waldie wave
replies: 52 views: 9,092
chet.d 18 hours ago

Looking for a cardioid LDC and I need advice before pulling the trigger on one of these. Mic would be mostly used for male...

ade2
replies: 20 views: 1,560
B36arin 19 hours ago

Hello, I just purchased a pair of 8341a's. Can anyone recommend a simple solution for hooking these up digitally? I'd like to...

Lirtle
replies: 2 views: 261
charlieclouser 21 hours ago

I wanna hear it all. Excitement, regret and any other feelings that come with a purchase like this one but maybe more...

Bryanjharris
replies: 275 views: 33,105
Kronos147 22 hours ago

Hi all, does anyone who had experience with the replacement of the spl iron valves? Do I have to send it back to the factory...

nelson_75
replies: 0 views: 111
nelson_75 23 hours ago

Hello all - I'm looking for people who have experience with both the Fairchild 670 and the Tube-Tech LCA 2b to weigh in on a few...

SonicAlchemist
replies: 1 views: 1,800
erike123 1 day ago

Hello everyone, can anyone recommend me some modern equivalent of the Neve was 33114 eq ? I looked the 1081, 1084 or the BAE 1028...

locobitch
replies: 6 views: 594
Paul_G 1 day ago

Hey guys, Im new to the X-Desk and although it's very nice and versatile, I find the manual a bit confusing. I'm trying to hook...

zebastian21
replies: 15 views: 1,814
chrisbramble 1 day ago

Hi, I am new to tubes and my neighbor sold me this. I know the AX7's, but never seen one like this...anyone?

deccakid
replies: 4 views: 260
Klaus 1 day ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,093 views: 227,446
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 day ago

Hi This is my second or third time using this chain so I'm asking the more experienced ones for opinion. Yesterday I was...

prog
replies: 65 views: 7,191
mikoo69 1 day ago

Hello fellow gear headz. Does anyone know what happened to the renowned RPM Studios in NYC? When I was still in audio engineering...

JohnNy C
replies: 26 views: 7,899
Rodgre 2 days ago

Seriously considering some 500 stuff. I have nothing as yet, so I am going to ask some of you to point me in the right direction....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 314 views: 56,380
knightonabicycle 2 days ago

Has anyone any experience with these monitors?

illsoulprod
replies: 5 views: 747
rwhitney 2 days ago

Sorry for a silly question here. Can someone please help me understand the difference between various Neve 1073’s? I.e. for...

3bc
replies: 6 views: 532
Kronos147 2 days ago

Hello Neumann / Sennheiser Neumann, Sennheiser or anyone else can you please post detailed videos,Photographs anything which we...

terrysound
replies: 1,043 views: 88,286
Callison 2 days ago

Was wondering if anyone out there has experience with both and can comment on their similarities and differences in sound.

blotto
replies: 138 views: 17,602
brokesnob 2 days ago

I have 2 slots left in the 500 series rack. I do a lot of acoustic guitar tracking. Using capi heider mic pre’s and api...

acupunk
replies: 11 views: 474
IAMGOD_OFFICIAL 2 days ago

Got my vocal chain today , put it to work instantly, I’m still trying to find the sweetspot for the cl1b.. it’s a freestyle...

Cokey30
replies: 0 views: 201
Cokey30 2 days ago

I recently purchased a Daking Mic Pre One and I can't get over how awesome this class A pre sounds. Its personally my favorite...

bcgood
replies: 342 views: 33,161
Mattymiff 2 days ago

Hi guys, I'm considering upgrading my desk this year and I would like to make it a worth while investment. I've been using...

cuba1956
replies: 236 views: 12,112
thenoodle 2 days ago

Good morning, can anyone chime in and give me their opinion on this U67 ? If i am truly lucky Mr Klaus Heyne ? Any ideas on...

Derek Reese
replies: 214 views: 9,916
Wizards Machine 2 days ago

Saw some cool buzz around the Shelford Channel when it first was released but not much since. After using it awhile are you...

Krush411
replies: 33 views: 11,587
augustin187 2 days ago

Years ago I used to always see two things in pictures of top studios: The ever present NS10s and a single box – a little bigger...

pqlia
replies: 39 views: 5,601
blackcelcius 2 days ago

Hi guys, Been on a big microphone search recently, with the intention of buying a LDC, specifically something tube-y and...

lyremusic
replies: 113 views: 3,998
chessparov2.0 2 days ago

Haven’t used any of these and am having a hard time deciding which to go for. Looking for something that oozes character/color...

guitargyro
replies: 30 views: 2,143
the fxs 2 days ago

May I be the first to kick it off this year... Ordered another ma5 today:) Let's see some more...

turk sanchez
replies: 1,845 views: 541,973
RobbyPowell 3 days ago

Zener Limiter, or one of the other 2254/diode based comps (ie: pair of AML 54f50, TG-1, etc)? What about pair of Germanium Comps...

fromthepuggle
replies: 184 views: 12,135
T_R_S 3 days ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 306 views: 39,857
freshtapescent 3 days ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 1,400 views: 167,068
Digiplex 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search