The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 84,324
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Last night I did an op amp shootout for the mix buss of our API 1608 console. The test went as follows: Merging Hapi D/A >...

burns46824
replies: 150 views: 5,642
skybluerental 10 minutes ago

Hello there, I am on the search for new (analog) monitors for my studio (4m x 6m). I treated it as good as possible, with...

TJ99
replies: 9 views: 237
cheu78 52 minutes ago

Just saw this post on Instagram! If it's not new to some of you, it's new to me! Just figured I'd share it for those...

SupaMixKing
replies: 911 views: 58,739
Anthony Quinn 59 minutes ago

Hey there friends due to the lockdown measures its become impossible to demo mics so I'm relying on your expertise if possible. I...

leicashot
replies: 48 views: 1,194
[email protected] 1 hour ago

I’m looking for recommendations for monitors/speakers for djing and playing house:techno music on in my untreated living room....

DJBRT
replies: 1 views: 77
nickknack 1 hour ago

Hello fellow gear nerds, I am wondering if people who have experience with various high end cable manufacturers(Vovox, Gotham,...

samsegarra
replies: 67 views: 1,484
shahstlz 1 hour ago

Hi. I want to start a collection of analog saturation and distortion tools. From super subtle and high end, to super gritty,...

Vilddyr
replies: 748 views: 111,145
Elisionary 2 hours ago

I’ve been looking at many LDC’s for mainly vocals and have been fairly impressed with the Soyuz 017 FET. Does anyone have...

Elisionary
replies: 5 views: 168
Elisionary 2 hours ago

I have three Syncron S-10 FET condenser mics, but there's barely a signal from them, and a lot of noise. I have to turn my preamp...

jason_tsh
replies: 1 views: 119
jason_tsh 2 hours ago

I have the opportunity to grab a Focusrite Red 3 in very good condition and for a good price. The Red 3 plugin made by Focusrite...

JonnBoy
replies: 7 views: 418
radiumboy 2 hours ago

Hey guys! I am trying to do a big test and review of several high end monitors in my studio.Barefoot mm27 gen1 and gen2, Pmc...

Audiovisjon
replies: 3,550 views: 1,043,367
Karloff70 3 hours ago

Anyone notice the price jump on the Tube Tech Cl1b? it was just $3600 a few weeks ago, now its at $3850 I was looking to buy...

Prince Vision
replies: 23 views: 1,312
Prince Vision 4 hours ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,342 views: 268,144
Avantmidi 5 hours ago

Hi, I have great outboard mic pres, comps etc. I’d like to use a console just to monitor while recording into pro tools. I...

replies: 10 views: 374
psycho_monkey 5 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 8,206 views: 1,260,069
lowkey 9 hours ago

Hello. I have a pair of a popular brand of high end monitors.. but I’ve now had over $1000 in repairs over the lifetime of...

Jeff.calcaska
replies: 3 views: 140
SoundGuyLance 11 hours ago

On Monday 8/20/18 I'll be auditioning both the Dutch & Dutch 8c and the Kii Three monitors side by side in the same...

ChaosComplete
replies: 26 views: 4,647
Jack Weaver 11 hours ago

I’m looking for recommendations for monitors/speakers for djing and playing house:techno music on in my untreated living room....

DJBRT
replies: 0 views: 67
DJBRT 11 hours ago

What's up ppl, been using a combination of HS7/A7X for the past ~5 years or so primarily for writing/mixing electronic oriented...

hidd3n
replies: 4 views: 154
andersmv 11 hours ago

Hi I'm wanting to buy 8 Chs of matched mic pre to track drums. Spend up to US$7k What should I buy? Thanks in advance for...

anguswoodhead
replies: 74 views: 8,036
spectrasound 12 hours ago

Hey all I have a Lexicon 300 (front panel) w/ V3.5 installed and I would like to control it with a LARC (which I have). It is...

turbocharbo
replies: 1 views: 247
Bitsmith 13 hours ago

Hi gang, I have the opp to buy a neve 55 For my home studio at an incredible price ($6k!) so I think I’m gonna snatch it up....

jml designs
replies: 11 views: 413
UKMK00 14 hours ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 335 views: 49,598
duckoff 15 hours ago

I'm testing a new pair of monitors and the dealer was awesome enough to also lend me 2 pairs of audiophile cables. They both cost...

ihavelostmykeys
replies: 177 views: 7,146
Tomás Mulcahy 17 hours ago

Here is another discrete op amp blind listening test for the API 1608 console. The source material is a portion the...

burns46824
replies: 35 views: 1,046
burns46824 18 hours ago

As a guitarist I would never think of going to a studio and using their stock gear by default. It's one thing to maybe try...

occam
replies: 22 views: 702
JonnBoy 18 hours ago

Hello all, Anyone knows if it is possible to mod the E27 into stepped boost/cut? What components should I look for? I have...

iamzenoir
replies: 1 views: 127
johannburkard 19 hours ago

Hello, I want to expand my I/O, and I would like to connect all 3 of my interfaces/converters together. Sadly, the 3...

dld_audio
replies: 0 views: 84
dld_audio 19 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking for some advice for recapping more then 32 Harrison 32C channel strips! Panasonic FC vs Elna SIMIC II, nichicon...

Twosounds
replies: 4 views: 120
Twosounds 20 hours ago

Looking around these forums and me being around the recording and pro audio retail industry for over 30 years, I’ve come across...

TrophySony
replies: 17 views: 2,122
mattcollen 21 hours ago

Hey all.. I'm having a new small-ish size room built where I'll be mixing and producing a lot of dance/house music, with some pop...

traveller69
replies: 9 views: 315
Jim Williams 21 hours ago

Just wondering what people out there use most often for vox. If you have different style (rock, country, etc) specific set ups...

maxy
replies: 692 views: 172,006
Musiclab 22 hours ago

Introduction: Given the lack of information available on the Neve 8816, I wanted to share my setup and workflow with it. I’m...

Malawar
replies: 14 views: 2,169
declineofthewest 22 hours ago

I purchased these mic-pre's a bunch of years ago and want to sell them. At the time I was told they were removed from an SSL...

mikekay
replies: 0 views: 102
mikekay 22 hours ago

Looks like Shadow Hills has another creation to lust over. Shadow Hills Industries Dual Vandergraph Fully Discrete Stereo...

Matchless1069
replies: 160 views: 74,587
Ivyroom 23 hours ago

My understanding is that Dave B. and his team, will be going up to the Santa Cruz area, where UA also makes their...

chessparov2.0
replies: 15 views: 911
Universal Audio 23 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,924 views: 242,018
lowland 23 hours ago

Is SSL Matrix 2 still a good choice in 2019 ? I guess theres many alternative available today even a mixerless workflow with...

roc
replies: 105 views: 16,852
Melgueil 1 day ago

Hi There, Something that I think I might be interested but I guess not easy to try since its made and sold in Germany. I heard...

AC222
replies: 71 views: 6,876
lectric 1 day ago

I found an original Aphex 402 tube exciter (circa 1975) after over a decade of searching. This is not the solid state 602, but...

DarrenD
replies: 6 views: 248
BIG BUDDHA 1 day ago

Have owned a pair of Aeon 2's for about 4 weeks now, and can honestly say these can hang with the best of them! I originally was...

Lsixtysix
replies: 13 views: 3,973
TJ99 1 day ago

So, I've been an audio engineer for a long time. I feel comfortable saying I've seen and heard just about everything. I am a...

Sircalhobz
replies: - views: -
Sircalhobz 1 day ago

Amir over at AudioScienceReview has been testing speakers for a while with a state of the art Klippel system. He includes...

syncussion
replies: 109 views: 4,922
svarthvitt 1 day ago

Hello everyone I'm looking to improve my audio quality. My budget its about $4500 Im debating between the RND MPB for...

AndyKingCo
replies: 3 views: 271
shoepedals 1 day ago

Hi I managed to pick up a pair of Schoeps CMC6 amplifiers at a decent price but they came with no capsules. So want some advice...

Simsy
replies: 14 views: 569
Simsy 1 day ago

Hey guys Ive been recently experiencing weird noise issues with my Neumann TLM 103. It has barely been with me for 2 years,...

Ralphsd
replies: 8 views: 1,835
helloliz 1 day ago

The new radar Dante converter, does it sound as good as the original radar 24? How does the radar Dante converter sound compare...

terrysound
replies: 15 views: 1,140
signalpudding 1 day ago

Hi! The other I was recording in a studio and I plugged my tube mics into an Equitech system. I heard a really good difference,...

laperlestudio
replies: 0 views: 114
laperlestudio 1 day ago

Hello, Just purchased a pair of Amphion One 18's + Amp 500 last week and wondering if I should upgrade to the Two 18's. My...

djsolrising
replies: 9 views: 4,276
gfunny72 1 day ago

A Neumann U87Ai mic landed on my workbench, with reports of it distorting too easily. Lo and behold, it had been customized with...

TheseGoToEleven
replies: 10 views: 457
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search