The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 78,980
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

On Monday 8/20/18 I'll be auditioning both the Dutch & Dutch 8c and the Kii Three monitors side by side in the same...

ChaosComplete
replies: 21 views: 3,462
aremos 28 minutes ago

My gut says no, but my lust says yes. I am finally building out my little studio in an old log house we bought a few years ago. I...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 271 views: 18,585
drBill 46 minutes ago

The roll out was last weekend in Las Vegas. Here's the way I see...

Ty Ford
replies: 2,927 views: 494,194
Monkey Man 58 minutes ago

Hey gentlemen. I know there's been a million threads on this mic, and I've read most of them. I just recently purchased a...

Lostinthamusic
replies: 62 views: 8,078
vsthalion 1 hour ago

Just received a new unit from SSL. Came with 2.0 I had no issue setting up the original sigma. Ive followed the manual exactly....

HoPMiX
replies: 8 views: 2,819
Rea 1 hour ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 1,412 views: 169,522
N1Greg 2 hours ago

I'm considering getting a channel strip mainly for vocal tracking. I've been recording for 7 or so years and I've got some good...

occam
replies: 12 views: 406
henryrobinett 3 hours ago

I listened to the original mix and then Giles remix back to back today and I absolutely love the remix that Giles and his fellow...

PdotDdot
replies: 2 views: 124
PdotDdot 4 hours ago

Sorry, don't know if this is "High End" enough for this section, but what do y'all think of this thing? Tracking,...

Mr. Victory
replies: 5 views: 5,135
Progmatic-Studios 5 hours ago

May I be the first to kick it off this year... Ordered another ma5 today:) Let's see some more...

turk sanchez
replies: 1,849 views: 542,837
jensenmann 8 hours ago

I’m looking at a U47 and it appears to have a nuvistor and replaced transformer. Priced accordingly. What do you think of it...

bigsbyman
replies: 7 views: 323
musicalnyc 9 hours ago

Howdy folks! Exciting times here, I'm thinking hard about upgrading my LDC scene at the home/mobile studio and I wanted to ask...

Birdlives1955
replies: 107 views: 4,781
satissounds 9 hours ago

I’m moved into a apartment complex and had no issues until a crabby woman moved below me who is retired. So I want to buy a...

passionmax
replies: 12 views: 419
johannburkard 9 hours ago

Hey y'all. I have a high end DA and need a monitor controller. I'm really tempted to go the cheaper route here, mainly...

geocities
replies: 3 views: 247
Slug1 10 hours ago

Im having an issue with my Sigma. The Computer network is not recognizing it after i moved my studio back home for Corona...

Rea
replies: 1 views: 91
chalkandpaste 11 hours ago

Ok, I've searched and searched and searched (yes, 3 different times) and read every post on the subject but haven't found...

Ward Pike
replies: 21 views: 20,303
keithp777 11 hours ago

What better occupation than to organise your 30+ year old magazines when you have all this time on your hands? Well, certainly...

jindrich
replies: 4 views: 182
avare 11 hours ago

hi my dear friends do u A/B EVE SC207 and ADAM S2V ? i tested adam a7x vs eve sc207 and to my ears eve better but i dont found...

MIRROR_X
replies: 1 views: 558
SecretSociety 12 hours ago

I recently purchased a Daking Mic Pre One and I can't get over how awesome this class A pre sounds. Its personally my favorite...

bcgood
replies: 344 views: 33,757
KickSnareHat 13 hours ago

So over the past 15 years I have owned a Telefunken 47, Wunder CM-7. Wagner 47 and have used an array of vintage Neumann 47 and...

James Lugo
replies: 116 views: 20,438
Kronos147 14 hours ago

I’m not a justin Bieber fan but you can’t argue with the results. He uses a c800g or 251 usually. Will use a u47 if needed....

cap217
replies: 51 views: 3,209
hellohead 14 hours ago

I just got my cl1b as some of you know , I have a trial period with vintage king . Now here’s the truth I’m a bit...

Cokey30
replies: 32 views: 1,003
plainofjars 14 hours ago

Had a band in friday night... we decided to track drums to 2" . I know from the past I really liked 499/15ips. generally...

MichaelAngelo
replies: 68 views: 6,469
Frankie Mumbles 15 hours ago

Just got back my U67 RI from Klaus and.... WOW! What a difference. I had originally quite liked this mic, frankly, but it's a...

WithUsInHatred
replies: 12 views: 738
NathanBarley 17 hours ago

Finally in production Hedd’s new ‘Heddphones’. https://youtu.be/dFE4fvwV_6g Mods if this is inappropriate please delete...

puriteaudio
replies: 0 views: 130
puriteaudio 18 hours ago

Have a Neve Shelford Channel coming next week, and while I look forward to using the onboard comp, I'm looking for another one...

brokesnob
replies: 0 views: 172
brokesnob 22 hours ago

Anyone recommend a good nos tube to put in the Manley silver mic?

acupunk
replies: 1 views: 159
Rec_Eng 1 day ago

I was really hoping that somebody might kindly really help me out in identifying the microphone in the picture below and be ever...

aTelMusic
replies: 2 views: 165
aTelMusic 1 day ago

Hello All, thanks to different ADC threads on GS i have now an Lake People RS04 ADC converter that i use in combination with...

evilaci
replies: 2 views: 780
Bobby Stoica 1 day ago

Hey guys! I’ve tried both mics and love them both, but there’s just something about the Sony that makes it stand out...

Ollivolli
replies: 36 views: 1,509
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

Hey all! First off thank you all for this great community. Although I don’t post on here a lot, I’m always coming back...

clark_savant
replies: 9 views: 298
clark_savant 1 day ago

Hi Does anybody have first hand experience with both of these comps? I can rent/ demo the revolver but not the BG1. I...

evets
replies: 9 views: 997
evets 1 day ago

Anyone own both of these mics? For a while the Manley was the mic that came closest to the sound of a Sony C800g. I was...

etrella
replies: 50 views: 6,485
waldie wave 1 day ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,567 views: 1,154,721
mcgilroy 1 day ago

any new feedback from the HEDD type 20 speakers. anyone have them? how is the translation verses say something more clinical...

acupunk
replies: 90 views: 10,053
JblKid95 1 day ago

Hi guys, I need a creative solution and would love your advice. I recently purchased my 2448 and am trying to set it up...

PROVIDENCE MUSIC
replies: 0 views: 163
PROVIDENCE MUSIC 1 day ago

My apologies if I have this thread in the wrong section please let me know so I can make the changes... I have been endlessly...

VoltageGrove
replies: 25 views: 3,936
lionheart 1 day ago

I’m doing rap and r&b ... microphone is a Manley ref c .... I kinda have my mind set on the usual suspects 1073 and cl1b...

Cokey30
replies: 62 views: 2,113
YRLK 1 day ago

I know it's supposed to be (I almost hate saying it!) Neve-esque, but which one: 1073, 1272, 1081? Or is it designed base on the...

bobwarren
replies: 86 views: 48,926
FOURTHTUNZ 1 day ago

Looking at purchasing one within driving distance from my studio,seller states that the heads were relapped ,needs bulbs for the...

johnnyz
replies: 3 views: 201
127Riot 1 day ago

Not sure where else to post this but this was all done in nashville studios and mixed there. This mix really stands out to me...

cap217
replies: 0 views: 190
cap217 1 day ago

Got my vocal chain today , put it to work instantly, I’m still trying to find the sweetspot for the cl1b.. it’s a freestyle...

Cokey30
replies: 11 views: 568
cap217 1 day ago

Hi guys .. I am wondering if there is a popular Monitor that would be the next NS10?.. I have just used my Krk monitors .....

activexjava
replies: 32 views: 3,420
cap217 1 day ago

Hello GS, Does anyone have experience with these 4 mics and how they compare? Sony C-800G Sony C-100 Manley Ref C (Tele...

User100
replies: 7 views: 547
cap217 1 day ago

Hey guys! A few months ago I bought a brand new Neumann u87ai and there are a few things i can't understand. Am i a perfectionist...

Husky Squad
replies: 14 views: 881
John Willett 1 day ago

Actually this was Norman Petty's 401A before it was Buddy's. Norman bought this Ampex (#5065) new sometime in early 1953 and he...

16 TON
replies: 28 views: 5,336
iangomes 1 day ago

Hi everyone! This is my first post here but I've been lurking for a while :) I bought some vintage microphone parts...

WMWMWM
replies: 0 views: 120
WMWMWM 1 day ago

Hi! After looking around on this forum for companies that could repair/refurbish/re-ribbon my different microphones, I...

gazt
replies: 26 views: 8,673
chris661 1 day ago

I wanna hear it all. Excitement, regret and any other feelings that come with a purchase like this one but maybe more...

Bryanjharris
replies: 281 views: 33,846
FOURTHTUNZ 1 day ago

Hello....just wanted to get your guys opinions on this. I'm trying to decide on a new set of monitors. I currently have Focal CMS...

petenap25
replies: 6 views: 660
Glenn Bucci 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search