The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,675
Views: 2,675
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 61,507
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

What do you guys think about putting together a mains system using PSI A25 and a pair of excellent Neumann subs? This is not...

geocities
replies: 21 views: 507
deedeeyeah 1 hour ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,487 views: 875,946
Karloff70 1 hour ago

Hi - I was pretty much decided on the API 3124V, but now wondering if I really need to/should spend that much on just a...

JeffreyC
replies: 67 views: 2,375
unitymusic 1 hour ago

Got a chance to have a first look at the Monotor. We've been waiting for a worthy solution to get a good headphone option in our...

Hamburg58
replies: 42 views: 11,449
ripripstabstab 5 hours ago

SSl Fx384

i can get it for 3 grand is that i good price i have not heard it says good working order. 1998 model. Or should i get a alan...

spektor
replies: 55 views: 7,860
trashman 5 hours ago

Hey guys . I'm using an axe fx 3 as a interface. I run a pair of monitors and a pair of subs out of it I make music in the box...

Underoath77
replies: 0 views: 168
Underoath77 7 hours ago

Its time to upgrade the studio with a new high-end microphone for mainly vocals. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts...

MacMike
replies: 46 views: 1,161
chessparov2.0 8 hours ago

Looking to see what everyone's favorite HW Verbs are. For any application as well.Mine are as follows but not in specific order....

Leak1989
replies: 69 views: 5,715
elegentdrum 8 hours ago

AMS Neve 1073 Vs. Chandler Limited TG2 Which do you think is better? How would you use them? How would you describe their...

Chad Sterling
replies: 50 views: 21,561
Fiedelfinn 10 hours ago

I am in search of my first 500 series mic pre to go with my Rupert Neve Lunch Box HELP Please? My Mic is a Upton 251 ELAM...

hubercraft
replies: 17 views: 770
trashman 10 hours ago

This isn't new, but it may be new-news to some of you. Samsung bought out Harman, who owns Crown. I'm not sure if Crown as a...

Chromalord
replies: 1 views: 287
bambamboom 13 hours ago

I know that nobody (edit: not many) cares, but I had to share how my Collins 6Q-1 rack job is coming along. There is nothing in...

Seamus TM
replies: 62 views: 7,529
Maggot Brain 14 hours ago

My 500 rack is hungry, and i want to feed it a mono 500 compressor swiss army knife. I have been digging around and found a few...

critza
replies: 15 views: 836
Chromalord 14 hours ago

Hi, I'm interested in hearing from ADAM S3V or S3H Monitor Users. Any feedback on these monitors would be appreciated. I...

muziksculp
replies: 71 views: 9,024
12tone 14 hours ago

Can anybody describe the audible differences between Teletronix LA-2A 's mounted with a UTC HA-100 transformer versus UTC A-10...

alexstringer
replies: 43 views: 13,582
Jim Williams 15 hours ago

I've been going through the process of upgrading my monitors, which were Harbeth 7ES2, and settled on the Harbeth SHL5 Plus, AND...

mbesq
replies: 17 views: 829
burp182 15 hours ago

I've heard that the Fairchild 660 sounds a little different than the stereo 670. Though the Mercury 66 is based on the...

perry
replies: 40 views: 1,696
RoundBadge 16 hours ago

I know it's not out yet, but does anyone have any experience they can share with this pre?

supermosey
replies: 31 views: 5,871
syra 17 hours ago

The Yamaha HS8 seem like a sensible way to go for a monitor that translates well. I've heard mixes reviews and they seem ok as...

Octopussy
replies: 25 views: 826
Max Rossell 18 hours ago

Have owned a pair of Aeon 2's for about 4 weeks now, and can honestly say these can hang with the best of them! I originally was...

Lsixtysix
replies: 4 views: 637
matthew11490 20 hours ago

I'm getting a wee bit of tape shed (flecks of oxide dust) on my Otari MTR-90III. Using ATR tape at 30 IPS. Seems to happen when...

burns46824
replies: 57 views: 2,588
loujudson 20 hours ago

Hey guys, I've just bought a pair of Focal Clear's. I demoed them against headphones like LCD-3, Hifiman X etc, but didn't...

MatsNo
replies: 0 views: 255
MatsNo 1 day ago

hey there, is your studio located in Berlin and do you have a Pultec EQP-1A, or EQP-1A3 (or equivalent)? if yes, keep...

peter sikking
replies: 1 views: 408
peter sikking 1 day ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,253 views: 167,529
[email protected] 1 day ago

Can't find much on these. Trying to do a little more research before I pull the trigger. Has anyone here used one? How does...

tkaitkai
replies: 7 views: 574
tkaitkai 1 day ago

The roll out was last weekend in Las Vegas. Here's the way I see...

Ty Ford
replies: 2,672 views: 449,324
Monkey Man 1 day ago

The same two bars repeated. Panning and levels of some stuff is slightly varied, so it's not an exact duplicate, but I tried to...

jjblair
replies: 62 views: 3,757
jjblair 1 day ago

Has anyone used - possibly compared - the current offerings in U47 FET clones? As of this writing I‘m aware of the...

andychamp
replies: 41 views: 2,668
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

Hi Guys: I´m trying to decide to buy a Quested S8R or Adam a77X or Focal twins. I can get any for almost the same price in my...

jolufer
replies: 4 views: 383
jolufer 1 day ago

Hello, my name is Dave, and I am a reformed audiophile.....or am trying to be. :lol: Please help me in my long-term search for a...

dburna
replies: 16 views: 617
Bassmankr 1 day ago

Hello guys, i've recently acquired a Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, used one, only one previous owner (a guy i can trust)....

Jpastor
replies: 7 views: 477
Jpastor 1 day ago

I use the summit a lot ITB, love the sound and the way it compress. I could even like it more ITB than the La2A plugins. That...

laperlestudio
replies: 8 views: 656
jeffsochor 1 day ago

Anybody got their hands on this brute yet? I'm a believer in Phil's work so I'm guessing it's excellent. Like to hear from the...

cowboycoalminer
replies: 11 views: 3,458
supermonster 1 day ago

Hello if this is int he wrong forum please forgive me and do move me to a more appropriate forum. I want to ask if any studio...

Steve Honest
replies: 14 views: 4,163
tinasingh 1 day ago

Hello Neumann / Sennheiser Neumann, Sennheiser or anyone else can you please post detailed videos,Photographs anything which we...

terrysound
replies: 618 views: 33,898
Doc Mixwell 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
burnhard 1 day ago

I got two DC2000 mixers. One of them is for spare parts. But I got a lot more than I need, so I want to sell some parts. Can...

Samson
replies: 3 views: 1,595
schiavolini 2 days ago

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a sub for my ATC 20ASL mkII. I don't find that they are lacking in the bass department (in fact...

amphibulus
replies: 21 views: 1,295
AndreiPiatra 2 days ago

Any Grace 201 users out there? Should I spend the extra dough on the Grace or just buy a pair of Focusrite ISA's?

scraplord
replies: 3 views: 499
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

I have just got another Mytek x8 blue face from Reverb. I have a grey face and they sound different. The blue face sounded...

spektor
replies: 5 views: 436
spektor 2 days ago

Hi this is for Genesys and Genesys black owners/users with experience. I have four questions for you if you don't mind: 01....

herecomesyourman
replies: 14 views: 1,217
s.d.finley 2 days ago

Looking around the forum, I hope this isn't too reduntant of a post. I'm going to buy some new 2" tape for my Ampex...

dawsonaudio
replies: 2 views: 427
dawsonaudio 2 days ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,645 views: 1,559,471
Brent Hahn 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
ortofonchild 2 days ago

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my studio monitor (currently using focal twin with sub). And it comes down to these 2 amazing...

rickindies
replies: 27 views: 1,065
DougS 2 days ago

I'm sure the subject's been beat to death but I couldn't find the info for some reason so I'm posting this hoping for a simple...

dbjp
replies: 28 views: 13,235
Geoff_T 2 days ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 1,587 views: 174,498
Russell Dawkins 2 days ago

Having mentioned Coil Audio and processing a few times, I am sharing a few examples with notes (link below). (2) CA-286 with...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 0 views: 397
StevenLMorgan 2 days ago

Hello all. Im not sure if this is the correct thread for this issue but I will move it or whatever I need to so I can get the...

Studio 8o5
replies: 2 views: 385
Braincoral 2 days ago

Hey all, I recently bought a pair of Adam a77x's and currently have them sitting on top of my Amek Angela VU meter , which i...

frcake
replies: 2 views: 365
frcake 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search