The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 69,421
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Here's a video comparing the Blue Bottle with a B6 capsule to a Vintage Neumann U47 (short body, original power supply and tube)....

burns46824
replies: 0 views: 1
burns46824 7 minutes ago

i am looking to buy a new FET mic for my studio after i purchased an Avalon 737. after hearing so much about the classic u87...

tigerwoots
replies: 89 views: 3,671
9xSound 11 minutes ago

I tried to search for this and if there are answers to the question other than no please direct me and I will delete this...

voiceactor
replies: 14 views: 574
deuc647 14 minutes ago

I’m not sure if this is the correct part of the forum to post this, if not please move or delete. I’d like to know what...

127Riot
replies: 8 views: 374
deuc647 20 minutes ago

I'm currently using an MTR-90III 2" 16-track... I was using a Studer A800 mkIII the other day and I really liked the...

burns46824
replies: 18 views: 686
Drumsound 49 minutes ago

Well I'm posting here because I believe if its Chandler gear it's High End. The mic comes packed in its own wood case in a box...

bzone
replies: 201 views: 12,896
dzb 56 minutes ago

The title says it all. Fire away with anything high end you wish to brag about!

Earcatcher
replies: 115 views: 6,857
Doc Mixwell 1 hour ago

I've had both of these mics for a little while now and have been trying them on anything and everything I can, and because it's...

Samc
replies: 5 views: 120
Doc Mixwell 1 hour ago

I've been thinking about filling in a Purple Audio Sweet Ten with a Moiyn, Cans Module, and eight CAPI Missing Links...or...

herecomesyourman
replies: 8 views: 898
chazfilez 1 hour ago

Hello friends I own a Merging Technologies Hapi for a couple of years but haven't been recording with it yet I am thinking of...

Udi Koomran
replies: 9 views: 685
Doc Mixwell 2 hours ago

I can't decide if I should just buy the C800G, or the C414EB with the original brass CK12 capsule, and a vintage Neumann...

WillSqueak
replies: 5 views: 476
gearstudent 3 hours ago

There's any differences between the American and Japanese version?

Yave Blackfire
replies: 1 views: 219
Extreme Mixing 4 hours ago

I'm wondering what tape machine could give that nice gluey, compressed tape sound, everybody loves at a reasonable size? Ampex...

axelhuber
replies: 70 views: 2,904
Hussyh 5 hours ago

Have you guys seen this new summing mixer/routing mixer? Looks cool, check it out; http://www.apiaudio.com/thebox.html

ppanton321
replies: 558 views: 88,695
Will The Weirdo 6 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,401 views: 199,883
SynthCat 6 hours ago

Not sure if this thread goes in "So much gear so little time" or "High end" so mods, move it if there's a...

ionian
replies: 7 views: 590
drBill 7 hours ago

Hello friends. I am interested in these two candidates only, no other options for now. I like vari-mu style compression, I...

Mr. Bars
replies: 13 views: 1,155
XAXAU 7 hours ago

Mad scientist content ahead... cooge I am trying to get the best of both worlds between ITB and HW. I want to: 1. Push groups...

proxy
replies: 2 views: 315
proxy 8 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,066 views: 1,027,212
DigitalGrease 8 hours ago

What is the difference sound wise anyway? I'm looking to sum a few keyboards to a stereo output (live) and the passive mixers...

Joniverse
replies: 13 views: 19,574
zkwsk 15 hours ago

There are many threads discussing the relative value of hardware vs software compressors. Perhaps title should read: "Why...

mrand
replies: 614 views: 22,249
ZenEagle 15 hours ago
replies: 155 views: 31,197
[email protected] 15 hours ago
replies: - views: -
cheu78 15 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,341 views: 133,476
Bernstein 17 hours ago

Hello everybody, I need an advice on which mic would be best to buy. I alredy owned these: Neumann U87Ai, Telefunken/Neumann...

menestrello
replies: 22 views: 5,047
chthoniangod 18 hours ago

Right now ,I usually record my main out of the Api to the analog in of the radar,or would I get a better results to use the Burl...

johnnyz
replies: 1 views: 244
IanBSC 19 hours ago

any new feedback from the HEDD type 20 speakers. anyone have them? how is the translation verses say something more clinical...

acupunk
replies: 58 views: 4,529
rameron 20 hours ago

I'm wondering and perplexed.. I had him do a B&O mod and resto early in the year, communication and delivery was...

fivestarstudios
replies: 11 views: 3,160
drybones 21 hours ago

Sonically what are the main differences between these two?

Gringo Starr
replies: 3 views: 1,235
Paul_G 1 day ago

it gets used around here for so many things - room, vocals, elec guitars, kick...but my favorite is when it's all by...

jono
replies: 60 views: 4,782
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: * Amels And Gualtieri Team Up To Form AnaMod * * (Gillette, New Jersey, USA – January 10, 2007) -...

replies: 1,967 views: 277,194
RedBaaron 1 day ago

I know they're two different compressors but I have been trying to decide on one for a long time. I've owned the...

james410
replies: 43 views: 5,662
cabbo 1 day ago

Lol.. agree, maybe a dumb question but I have the usual suspects (Telefunken/Neve/Focusrite/API/)... curious to know what's cool...

CJ1973
replies: 93 views: 13,059
Hansest 1 day ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,008 views: 1,660,525
jensenmann 1 day ago

I have researched a lot the last year and really tempted to upgrade to a Matrix from our Focusrite Control 2802 The...

Zebra_PD
replies: 0 views: 218
Zebra_PD 1 day ago

For the first time in decades I have sprayed the pre/lines on this Neve 33115 sitting in a Neve 5315. On opening them up I was...

xlon
replies: 59 views: 4,174
PAST 1 day ago

Anyone running an MTR-12 1/2" deck? I know the electronics can be upgraded, which is nice. I don't know much else...

burns46824
replies: 11 views: 2,205
themaidsroom 1 day ago

I'm interested in hearing experiences with a true stereo hardware compressor, specifically for 2bus use, that also has some nice...

XMJ
replies: 8 views: 645
XMJ 1 day ago

hi everyone, I'd like to get a new vocal mic for my own voice. I'm in Canada so my choices are a bit limited here. I've used a...

hellohead
replies: 16 views: 639
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

I'm interested on a Shelford 5088. Does anyone know the power draw of a 16 ch unit? I have a recording studio in a residential...

planeador
replies: 2 views: 518
Jmfreeland 2 days ago

Ok, so I posted some pics in the older "Eclipse" thread, but I feel my baby needs a thread of her own. I purchased...

RussianRecording
replies: 35 views: 10,479
nivek63 2 days ago

Being down under in New Zealand (and with me living away from the main centres) I do not get many opportunities to test gear out...

waldie wave
replies: 62 views: 3,216
David Rick 2 days ago

I just listened to Ariana grande's side to side and on her vocals I noticed the tight leash on the extreme lows to survive the...

Thomas_Music
replies: 10 views: 897
hellohead 2 days ago

I want a compressor that does well with both tracking and on a mix or stereo bus. Does anyone have an opinion? I do mostly...

calebloveless
replies: 25 views: 2,397
mozumbo 2 days ago

So heres the situation. A few days ago I wemt out pawn shopping looking for hidden gems, didn't find anything of note. Decided to...

VoxtonVO
replies: 7 views: 1,144
Mr Funk 2 days ago

I currently own Twin6 be in my room, which is about 17ft by 10. I had an extremely bad mode happening at 120hz, so I am about...

qkrzazzang
replies: 6 views: 831
blayz2002 2 days ago

I didn't see this one in the threads. So I'm in the market for an analog summing box and I'm working with a local LA audio...

Indian Hills
replies: 7 views: 1,587
David Rick 2 days ago

Does anyone have schematics for the Soundcraft Large Console PSU ? I need to do a re-build.

tommydorky
replies: 7 views: 1,063
Dan O 2 days ago

I’ve just swapped out a few bits of kit and have about 2k to spend. I primarily make electronic/dance music and currently the...

Bratley
replies: 3 views: 461
Bratley 2 days ago

My question is where in the process do you find hardware is better then plugins? Any specific hardware that you just can't get...

James Lugo
replies: 75 views: 10,904
thehightenor 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search