The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 62,555
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Got a U87AI not too long ago, and I have found that it is very sensitive to vibration, even with the $300 plus shockmount...

JL1000
replies: 11 views: 651
JL1000 5 minutes ago

It’s been like this for months! And that’s across the user agent spectrum (chrome, iPhone, Firefox, safari... they’re all...

geocities
replies: 1 views: 153
Emanuel23 55 minutes ago

Does SSL have a sound and does it color the sound? If yes, how would you describe it compared to say Neve, API etc?

erike123
replies: 12 views: 849
DannyMac 59 minutes ago

Hi folks, I pitch and capture in Protools through my analog rig. My current workflow is this: Digital processing (Spatial...

HMastering
replies: 1 views: 173
jondoe1972 1 hour ago

Hello everybody, Time for my first post here. I run my own little mixing studio. No recording, no mastering, only mixing. I...

Rob Gordon
replies: 308 views: 13,098
TimS 1 hour ago

Hi guys I need to basically start over with hardware and need some info for recording old sound modules into an audio...

gradivus
replies: 1 views: 127
gradivus 1 hour ago

Just wondering how people would compare these two compressors soundwise? I know the distressor is about versatility and sound...

toasteh
replies: 6 views: 2,820
ltjohnrambo 2 hours ago

I don't particularly want to have this thread turn into one devoted to my frustrations with a well-known audio company, so I'll...

Id10t3qu3
replies: 4 views: 263
Id10t3qu3 2 hours ago

Trying to locate a Telefunken VF14m tube from a reputable seller. Please PM me if you have any info on one. Thanks! Scammers...

ghostwriter
replies: 52 views: 4,562
ghostwriter 2 hours ago

It's funny after spending a year in the Box my desire to have a full console rig has dissipated. Anyone else still thinking about...

Saxplayerz
replies: 110 views: 4,742
127Riot 3 hours ago

Has anybody used one of these filters? I know Pultec is renowned for their EQ, but what about this piece of equipment?

soupking
replies: 6 views: 8,392
Sam an huel 3 hours ago

Hey guys We are starting the new Skid Row album project tomorrow at WireWorld. Just got back from pre-production in Atlanta...

mwagener
replies: 371 views: 63,690
Baddo 4 hours ago

Hello all... I'm a casual listener, although very much into great sound. You'll find in my living room Genelec 8431 x 2 +...

HoveringBit
replies: 2 views: 164
NathanEldred 5 hours ago

Hello, I have a 1950s reel to reel that I am trying to record to from my DAW then back into the box. My line outs on my...

guitargodmiles
replies: 0 views: 105
guitargodmiles 5 hours ago

Hello! I am currently looking to add to my mic collection and have always wanted a pair of Coles 4038's. HOWEVER, I'm slightly...

max1805
replies: 36 views: 953
crille_mannen 6 hours ago

Just wondering how many Slutz have installed their power supplies with variable pattern control inside the control room as oppsed...

amelinda
replies: 6 views: 310
Drumsound 6 hours ago

Hello All.... I'm having trouble with the AES / Digital input selection on the new Drawmer MC3.1. I'm using an Aurora 16...

N172427
replies: 1 views: 240
kuko 6 hours ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 769 views: 126,269
kuko 6 hours ago

Hey guys! Im looking to expand my analog outs . At the moment i route my 8 outs to the dangerous music 2 bus plus then into the...

fredweb
replies: 0 views: 136
fredweb 7 hours ago

Is it possible to add Tonelux Shadowmix Automation to a Trident 80B to control the faders in say ProTools? Or is there any other...

Leak1989
replies: 30 views: 1,259
zamproject 7 hours ago

I've got a Metric Halo ULN-8 and LIO-8, which between them have 16 channels of analog I/O and 16 channels of AES/EBU digital I/O....

NWSooner
replies: 6 views: 4,462
Alvarez1 8 hours ago

First off hello and thank you for such a great site ....... i have managed to get hold of some Neve 34132 and 34120 MIC PRE...

angus007
replies: 2 views: 398
angus007 9 hours ago

Need to know exact AD and DA latency of Avid interfaces: Avid HD OMNI and Avid HD I/O. Avid seems not be able to provide me...

Davide Janez
replies: 9 views: 364
ejsongs 10 hours ago

I'm in the market for another console and some of the models that interest me do not have automation. I need automation (at...

burns46824
replies: 4 views: 480
BIG BUDDHA 12 hours ago

Hello friends! I wonder if anyone has any info about thia Raindirk mini mixer from 1974. There is very little information about...

Ted Krotkiewski
replies: 22 views: 1,128
Ted Krotkiewski 14 hours ago

Hello fellow Gearslutz. Today has not been a good day. I left my mix last night sounding good, you know to where in the next...

djkazzanova
replies: 21 views: 2,231
Indian Hills 15 hours ago

Hello all, Anyone who's owned or has extensive experience with a Sony C800g mic able to chime in? My friend and I bought...

ChaChaMalone
replies: 29 views: 1,788
Raj Smoove 16 hours ago

$385 mic cable (Requisite) Vs Canare starquad mic cable here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9th8oT_eLU8 this cable was...

shawn sullivan
replies: 101 views: 11,425
Lunar Attic 19 hours ago

Hi all After reading, listening and basically being blown away by the Merging Technologies Hapi/Horus I've found myself lusting...

fridge_me
replies: 2 views: 186
fridge_me 21 hours ago

Hi Folks! I've been trying to get some info on these machines, but the website is completely uninformative. Could somebody...

Sput
replies: 26 views: 8,282
augustin187 22 hours ago

Hi all! I have a Chandler Limited REDD mic here at the moment, and am having a lot of fun experimenting with it and putting it...

Kroc
replies: 87 views: 4,901
adam_f 1 day ago

HI guys,anyone owner of that cool gear? Kahayan Pro-Audio Any comments? Thank You

angel72bg
replies: 3 views: 602
Gertius 1 day ago

Looking for leads on VF-14 M, if possible NOS (if they exist), would be great. Thanks

waxwhizz
replies: 13 views: 1,131
5ar 1 day ago

I have been using the Forsell MADA (original) for AD and DA for mixing out of the box. The DA is fabulous. I am wondering if I...

AB3
replies: 27 views: 1,622
deuc647 1 day ago

What about a sweeping upgrade program for all of us "The BOX" owners to a high end kick ass vintage style opmamp for...

Rea
replies: 4 views: 584
callmelaub 1 day ago

I'm demoing a Copperhead right now and really liking it. My primary vocal mic right now is a NT1A modded by Michael Joly. I...

DeyBwah
replies: 26 views: 3,244
vsthalion 1 day ago

So I am trying to record a few Swart 18 watt amps dimed out. I have a great room very reverb heavy - which I like. I am running...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 9 views: 486
Doc Mixwell 1 day ago

Hi guys,i wanna know ur ideas about one thing,i always hesitate between 2ways and methods,mixing while u are producing and mixing...

KiuMars_TR
replies: 2 views: 336
JHOOKS 1 day ago

Anyone using these? I would love to hear some first hand user experience.

Philip Parker
replies: 15 views: 1,108
johannburkard 1 day ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,280 views: 170,719
[email protected] 1 day ago

who knows more about this piece? i found only few informations about it. seems to be a 24 track sampler with pitch...

jagarinec
replies: 38 views: 26,054
oldgearguy 1 day ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,577 views: 100,115
jeremyhorn 1 day ago

Upgrading my ye old monitors and have 5K. Has anybody compared these? What's your vibe? I just bought a pair of PMC...

Pyxis360
replies: 46 views: 10,714
Brad Lunde 1 day ago

Hi I was wondering if anyone on here could be of some help? I bought eight AML ez1081 pre's & a Fredenstein Bento 10S...

ChrisForge
replies: 15 views: 1,771
masterlogic 2 days ago

hey slutz! im pretty new to the forum. one of my favorite recordings, pink floyd animals....... i know they did this...

ORGANIK
replies: 136 views: 40,333
GreenNeedle 2 days ago

Looks like Front End Audio and DSP Doctor have dropped them. Can’t find anyone selling a Quartet.

u87allen
replies: 13 views: 1,210
cubivore 2 days ago

I have a large collection of Neumann mic's , SDC and LDC . At some point in their lives bits of tape have been placed on them and...

jvancorduroy
replies: 20 views: 5,554
Klaus 2 days ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 166 views: 21,793
Jeff Hayat 2 days ago

Do you guys see any mods here? When comparing to pics from google I see differences but I'm no circuitry expert. Purchased this...

nephew312
replies: 11 views: 706
Klaus 2 days ago

Hi everyone I have a chance to buy a Glensound GSNT1 . (pictured). Its the ex BBC ones, 4 mono channels and 7 channels stereo...

Amiaris
replies: 2 views: 410
Amiaris 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search