The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 64,756
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Okay so I have a 32x32 mKII symphony i/o PT HD card > sonnet thunderbolt 3 chassis > iMac Pro. Run a Grace Design m905 >...

moxiemusicman
replies: 6 views: 238
Emanuel23 34 minutes ago

I read a thread earlier that mentioned the C800g was not that great with really loud singers or screamers. We do a lot of pop...

AudioGold
replies: 15 views: 463
Classic 1 hour ago

Hi all - looking at used consoles is quite nerve racking because we don’t necisarillay have an in-house tech and these old...

jml designs
replies: 4 views: 194
deedeeyeah 1 hour ago

Hi all, I need to get the best main monitor suited for a room size: 3.5m wide, 4m length, 2.5m height. budget 10 - 15k max My...

gotama
replies: 110 views: 5,963
deedeeyeah 1 hour ago

My production partner and I are finishing a professional home studio build in the next month or so and have been seriously...

rnetko
replies: 6 views: 512
deedeeyeah 1 hour ago

Or are they ... ??? I'd think these kind of super high quality recorders would most certainly raise the interest of...

Parametex
replies: 107 views: 28,438
Dmjay 1 hour ago

I have a Ampex 3in1 console from my late grandparents and I can’t find any information about the unit. Hoping somebody can help...

Muddbuggy
replies: 1 views: 236
Bushman 1 hour ago

Anyone work on these nowadays? Or used to? What's the sonic quality comparable to? Any user info would be great.

The MPCist
replies: 44 views: 15,405
studio1117 2 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,780 views: 937,450
Kimotei 2 hours ago

Hello 1608ers. I'm about a month away from finishing tracking my first album on a 1608 and starting to mix. I've been using a big...

noah90210
replies: 184 views: 29,885
johnnyz 2 hours ago

Hi! I have a Steinberg MR816X interface, a Mytek Stereo 192 ADC and a Cranesong Avocet DAC. I want to hook them up with a BNC...

PerGunnar
replies: 11 views: 368
PerGunnar 4 hours ago

I've been going back and fourth trying to make a decision. I'm about to start building a new room from scratch with an acoustic...

nephew312
replies: 33 views: 876
dinococcus 4 hours ago

Hey guys! I am trying to do a big test and review of several high end monitors in my studio.Barefoot mm27 gen1 and gen2, Pmc...

Audiovisjon
replies: 3,371 views: 896,385
dinococcus 4 hours ago

Any help is appreciated on this. I have a room - 20 X 20. Not ideal but treated as much as I can at this point. So I am...

AB3
replies: 31 views: 780
AndreiPiatra 5 hours ago

Been two moths since I’ve got my new pair of Chandler Microphone Cassettes and I wanted to share my opinion about it. First...

FranciscoFrugoni
replies: 0 views: 119
FranciscoFrugoni 8 hours ago

I have a Neumann KMS 105 which I actually like, but I'm wondering if I can get a better sound with a high end large condenser...

hendrik84
replies: 13 views: 601
hendrik84 10 hours ago

Hey guys & gals:) My first post in this awesome community so go easy on me:) I'm currently looking to pull the trigger on a...

ChuckyGold
replies: 35 views: 1,930
ChuckyGold 12 hours ago

How much do you think Serban would cost? I'm obviously not looking for exact figures, I'm merely looking for ballpark numbers. I...

Noba772
replies: 15 views: 1,692
psycho_monkey 15 hours ago

I'm currently looking to upgrade the amps on my triamped main speakers which are used for mastering. Currently using a Parasound...

gerhardw
replies: 2 views: 151
gerhardw 15 hours ago

A month ago a producer which is a long time friend and client of mine has challenged me with mixing one of his productions...

TanTan
replies: 728 views: 35,380
Will The Weirdo 15 hours ago

This might be a weird question but I'll ask it anyway... Has anyone considered getting an API The Box and pairing it with a 1608...

andersmv
replies: 32 views: 2,358
skybluerental 17 hours ago

I’ve recently been looking for amplifiers for my Gefell M94 and M70 capsules. Along my journey I’ve encountered some MV691...

Oh Davey
replies: 20 views: 856
dactylus 18 hours ago

I'm happy owner of three Brauner mics now: VMX, Phanthera and now also Valvet. Even with all my classics I own, I must say I...

carloff
replies: 45 views: 2,976
[email protected] 19 hours ago

per day.....in the US.......London? Whats the average?..........what's the cheapest you've heard of? cheers........Jazzy

jazzius
replies: 31 views: 8,414
deuc647 21 hours ago

I primarily record acoustic music (bluegrass etc) and rent a pair of KM84's for stereo miking guitars and fiddles when the client...

Kwijibo1234
replies: 61 views: 6,597
kafka 21 hours ago

Hi, I'd like to buy a 1081 or a 1073... I mainly need a good "neve-type" preamp... I know, that the 1081 and...

mainstudio
replies: 38 views: 25,344
Snapchat2314715 1 day ago

Is there a significant difference? Any AMS users? Especially on vocals? Also how do AMS versions compare to BAE 1073s? Thx

CJ1973
replies: 60 views: 7,842
Snapchat2314715 1 day ago

Hi, I'm looking to up my studio front end. Since I also do a lot of live work with dante consoles, I was looking at preamps...

kirky
replies: 7 views: 568
JRT_in_WMass 1 day ago

Not sure if this belongs in the high end but figured more guys who have used this unit would see it here. I'm getting a Sony...

Bassmankr
replies: 3 views: 6,056
shortyboyboy 1 day ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,620 views: 109,127
Moondog007 1 day ago

Got a chance to have a first look at the Monotor. We've been waiting for a worthy solution to get a good headphone option in our...

Hamburg58
replies: 77 views: 17,481
whippoorwill 1 day ago

Long time lurker... I've been recording (Rap/HipHop male vocals, as well as singing) for a while and am wanting to take the next...

Metroid
replies: 24 views: 716
pan60 1 day ago

Only asking because iv had offers of $9000 for the speakers and refused it. So I was told its like having an 8 cylinder car run...

Jaybird
replies: 7 views: 516
u87allen 1 day ago

Was wondering if anyone out there has experience with both and can comment on their similarities and differences in sound.

blotto
replies: 137 views: 13,155
matucha 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I currently have a pair of genelec 8320. My home studio is not treated and has bad acoustics (bass refexion). I...

bilal.robin
replies: 9 views: 410
brew 1 day ago

Hi guys, this is my first post. I want to buy my first high end mic. I need a great mic for general purpose (mainly vocal, but...

Faulkner
replies: 13 views: 955
antichef 2 days ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,760 views: 1,601,507
Brent Hahn 2 days ago

Hi there, Recently acquired a Neumann KM84 and curious as to its age, or era. I'm guessing late 70's early 80's. Serial...

faastfixx
replies: 21 views: 3,655
dreckdirect 2 days ago

I remember many years ago during the early 90's when I was just starting out as an assistant at a studio we had a few vocal...

nas
replies: 22 views: 5,717
antichef 2 days ago

Hello, Does anyone know the signal path/mix match for tracking and mixing for rhianna's "diamonds", Lady Gaga's...

walth
replies: 16 views: 6,909
Snapchat2314715 2 days ago

So, what's the consensus on a vinatge Neve 1073 mic pre vs. a 1081? I will be tracking drums, bass, heavy guitars and vocals....

salbinti
replies: 28 views: 5,690

Hello, I was reading an interview with Bruce Sweiden and he mentioned in the song "Baby Come To Me" by Patti Austin...

Snapchat2314715
replies: 4 views: 316

Hi, I was looking at the RND Shelford channel and see that it can handle line input and output signals up to 26.5 dBU but that...

sleipnir
replies: 17 views: 1,073

Hi folks, does anybody know the difference between the older Dominator 700 and the newer version Dominator II? (I bought an...

StefanM
replies: 5 views: 9,870
evangeorge 2 days ago

Hi there, I have a nice semi commercial studio with 2 Mara machines. A 16 track JH-24 and a 2 track JH-110. all tied into...

Snoggin
replies: 80 views: 6,490
andersmv 2 days ago

In this video I pull apart a band mix showing processing and how I’ve adapted Brauerizing to suit my work flow. Song is Women...

anguswoodhead
replies: 3 views: 500
anguswoodhead 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
andremina 2 days ago

It was on Music Row but I can't seem to find an address. Going to Nashville would like to see what is there now. Worked...

oceantracks
replies: 0 views: 254
oceantracks 2 days ago

what the heck! i am so dumb founded. i seen a new 500 seris Midas Ultra High Performance 500 Series Microphone Preamplifier...

pan60
replies: 23 views: 1,297
Drumsound 2 days ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 558 views: 53,032
Emanuel23 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search