The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 59,779
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

A month ago a producer which is a long time friend and client of mine has challenged me with mixing one of his productions...

TanTan
replies: 63 views: 2,496
psycho_monkey 3 minutes ago

Hi, does anybody knows, if there is an active monitor of 2 ways, sealed?? Cheers!!!kfhkh

ezrecords
replies: 10 views: 456
duckoff 31 minutes ago

I recently purchased a Daking Mic Pre One and I can't get over how awesome this class A pre sounds. Its personally my favorite...

bcgood
replies: 30 views: 1,879
AlexK 32 minutes ago

I can’t count how many threads there are in this forum about the best converters. People seem to obsess over conversion almost...

logjamparty
replies: 2 views: 70
jndittmar 40 minutes ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 728 views: 148,163
WunderBro Flo 51 minutes ago

Does anyone know any of the details about the API in Studio B at Oceanway Hollywood? A lot of records I love were mixed on...

dokushoka
replies: 56 views: 17,009
CEB 1 hour ago

So I'm referring to a mic like this: -Ideal for most voices, brings out best to vocalist -Included with natural sounding hpf...

Elpsycongroo
replies: 32 views: 1,283
chessparov2.0 2 hours ago

Last week a friend took the -i must say- impressive JBL LSR 708i to my mix room and i liked it a lot. I felt i could take good...

Hansest
replies: 147 views: 20,353
Jantex 3 hours ago

If this is not considered high end, please move. They don`t seem low end. Anyways, these keep popping up..Mix Magazine, etc. I`ve...

BarcelonaMusic
replies: 33 views: 2,519
LuXx 3 hours ago

Hi One of my AMS NEVE 1081 is getting some distortion. I'm in need of a good repair shop in the USA Any recommendation...

francois
replies: 12 views: 518
francois 4 hours ago

I've been thinking about filling in a Purple Audio Sweet Ten with a Moiyn, Cans Module, and eight CAPI Missing Links...or...

herecomesyourman
replies: 3 views: 210
Disco1Disco2 5 hours ago

I'm thinking about maybe taking the plunge on some Undertone stuff. I'm curious if these might be modern rivals to earlier Neve...

herecomesyourman
replies: 8 views: 699
RoundBadge 5 hours ago

Looking to get a new LDC mic this year. Something with a nice top end and caricature! Love the sound of many 50's jazz singer...

dillweed
replies: 11 views: 501
elamberth 7 hours ago

Hi guys, I am considering buying a dac for monitoring. My budget is around 1000USD. I know that Benchmark dac1 is quite old...

Roberto Alvarez
replies: 4 views: 329
Slug1 8 hours ago

Just beeing curious here. For the usual posts, seems you'd be almost done with some U47s/clone, some sm57s for guitars/drums and...

jindrich
replies: 497 views: 130,715
crille_mannen 8 hours ago

I am placing several threads for various answers but I noticed this is a critical question and may help me narrow down my...

CJ1973
replies: 548 views: 130,375
Jantex 9 hours ago

Hi GS heroes So I pulled the trigger on an API 8200a on eBay - was very excited about getting summing, but I am having some...

Thom b
replies: 1 views: 225
Thom b 10 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,376 views: 852,540
IkennaFuNkEn 12 hours ago

Did I post this in the right forum? Im gonna buy heavy-ass monitors (45kg), and I need to tilt them slightly (down). Thats...

Ajustment
replies: 5 views: 727
Eugene B 12 hours ago

So I have stereo pair Omni (DPA 4006), Cardioid (Neumann KM140s), Blumlein (AEA R88) and now considering Wide Cardioid Stereo...

maestro
replies: 5 views: 276
Earcatcher 13 hours ago

UPDATE: As of Feb 8, 2018, Sterling Modular has been confirmed alive and in business. I ordered a Plan D conversion desk (over...

SRS
replies: 57 views: 3,222
Mister Karloff 13 hours ago

I have a couple um70's in need of repair. Any tips on who to contact or where to send for repair?

norman_nomad
replies: 31 views: 2,176
TC2 17 hours ago

Hi there, I have a nice semi commercial studio with 2 Mara machines. A 16 track JH-24 and a 2 track JH-110. all tied into...

Snoggin
replies: 64 views: 4,083
AnalogMix.com 17 hours ago

Does anyone here have an excel template that would work for a 96 point bantom bay? I suck at using excel and am not sure the...

HiRaX
replies: 76 views: 41,685
Fairlightcmi 18 hours ago

I'm looking for near to midfield monitors in 4x4m room. Narrowed it down to genelec 8260a and pmc twotwo 8. Room will be...

Gena
replies: 5 views: 399
DistortingJack 20 hours ago

Any owners on here that can give their reviews? Can it compare to a BAE 1073 with class A compressor? This would work out to be...

musicminister187
replies: 97 views: 23,862
esencia 1 day ago

Well, I have shoved numerous signals into a Sebatron AXIS 200 VU Valve Preamplifier and this thing is amazingly good, it can go...

TheLastByte
replies: 7 views: 768
peterbaide 1 day ago

Does anyone know anything about the recording of the drums on "On Every Street"? It has one of my favourite drum...

eugtone
replies: 41 views: 2,007
druhms 1 day ago

fCSQd8Nx4mI Does anyone know engineers who have worked with Trevor Pinnock and the English Concert? I'm asking because I'd...

voiceaddict
replies: 4 views: 330
voiceaddict 1 day ago

I was lamenting that when using two Distressors, as stereo, and sidechaining, the link connections would be being used for the...

Feltman
replies: 2 views: 450
druhms 1 day ago

For vocals that need to be similar to modern pop and hip-hop vocals. Assuming the rest of the mix is very dense and the vocal...

Krush411
replies: 28 views: 1,216
druhms 1 day ago

hi, i recently bought a studer 169 and a 269 and i totally love the sound of them. i wouldnt have expected them to sound that...

mr. harrison
replies: 21 views: 547
Schoeller 1 day ago

I searched this forum for some information on this piece of gear and didn't find anything recent. I'd like to know what the users...

Benny Hill
replies: 9 views: 1,121
nicolasmasset 1 day ago

I just picked up a Calrec S2 sidecar with 12 PQ4068 modules. I've been unable to find anything outside of a listing of this...

boboroshi
replies: 0 views: 218
boboroshi 1 day ago

So can anyone explain the differences between all the Eventide H3000s? Obviously I have used a few of them over the years (seems...

not_so_new
replies: 126 views: 37,712
not_so_new 1 day ago

Hi All, I have had the RND 5060 for over a year now and I love it. I am just setting it up in a small studio and I have...

javamad
replies: 2 views: 394
javamad 1 day ago

hello fellow slutz. i am interesting in hearing a bit more about the 33609. i have read that it evolved from the 2254 and...

jdjustice
replies: 17 views: 8,726
Showcase 1 day ago

I 'm interested in changing the op amps in the centre section on a vintage API console. Anyone have experience of the 990's,...

Jack P
replies: 16 views: 2,947
dbock 1 day ago

Hi Guys, I'm searching the manual for the Amek Angela. It seems like it's not on the web. Does anyone have it in pdf? Many thanks...

Joinsplit
replies: 0 views: 217
Joinsplit 1 day ago

So any speculations about this? What would you like to see? Different reverbs? Unreal reverbs? Other fx?

OurDarkness
replies: 201 views: 38,094
timtoonz 1 day ago

Thinking about getting some used Opals. Of course used, since they don't make them anymore. I just need something I can move...

ChristianN
replies: 3 views: 274
ChristianN 1 day ago

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 519 views: 28,227
FabienTDR 1 day ago

Focal Trio 6be have an automatic standby that kicks in after 15 minutes of no audio coming in. I have already enquired Focal...

jacko
replies: 21 views: 2,955
mrelwood 1 day ago

So my question..coming from someone that has built a slow collection of expensive gear one at a time..chandler tgs/api2500s/...

bishbaby
replies: 44 views: 5,257
javamad 1 day ago

Hi guys, I'm a bit new to this forum but I have already checked out a lot of threads on this forum. I also know these kind of...

RubenP
replies: 57 views: 2,856
RubenP 1 day ago

I have the opportunity to purchase either one of these mics, both the exact same price second hand. I have no experience with...

bmaughan
replies: 17 views: 1,121
dr_k_schneider 2 days ago

Hello GS, I have a commercial studio with about 7xAA 96 point TT patchbays. I'm finding a little bit of trouble with...

iangomes
replies: 15 views: 388
drBill 2 days ago

Hi everyone. Thought this would be an informative topic to hear from others on, here goes: The Rupert Neve Mastering Bus...

GearinUp
replies: 5 views: 549
NathanEldred 2 days ago

How much can the Power supply PSU affect the sound of the microphone? Can a cheaply made or low cost made power supply PSU ruin...

terrysound
replies: 8 views: 482
No.7 2 days ago

Thinking of picking on of these up for around £250 (used). I already have a Urie 1178 and ADR Compex F760X-RS (with tranny's)...

Mr Funk
replies: 17 views: 21,087
geeorge 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search