The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 62,576
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I'm in the market for another console and some of the models that interest me do not have automation. I need automation (at...

burns46824
replies: 8 views: 568
SP2016 59 minutes ago

It's funny after spending a year in the Box my desire to have a full console rig has dissipated. Anyone else still thinking about...

Saxplayerz
replies: 128 views: 5,244
johnnyc 1 hour ago

Hi guys,i wanna know ur ideas about one thing,i always hesitate between 2ways and methods,mixing while u are producing and mixing...

KiuMars_TR
replies: 9 views: 500
gradivus 2 hours ago

Does SSL have a sound and does it color the sound? If yes, how would you describe it compared to say Neve, API etc?

erike123
replies: 16 views: 1,066
Wiggy Neve Slut 4 hours ago

Anyone using these? I would love to hear some first hand user experience.

Philip Parker
replies: 18 views: 1,215
jndittmar 4 hours ago

I don't particularly want to have this thread turn into one devoted to my frustrations with a well-known audio company, so I'll...

Id10t3qu3
replies: 7 views: 552
nevernamed 5 hours ago

Need to know exact AD and DA latency of Avid interfaces: Avid HD OMNI and Avid HD I/O. Avid seems not be able to provide me...

Davide Janez
replies: 11 views: 417
deuc647 5 hours ago

I just ordered an Upton 251 Mic, I'm looking for a good 500 all around mic pre for vocals. . . . Has anyone tried this mic?...

hubercraft
replies: 56 views: 4,747
astralpen 7 hours ago

Between now and Autumn I will obtain a number of micpres for use in jazz sessions and so I'd appreciate knowledgeable advice as...

Swing
replies: 68 views: 2,114
ardis 7 hours ago

I have been using the Forsell MADA (original) for AD and DA for mixing out of the box. The DA is fabulous. I am wondering if I...

AB3
replies: 28 views: 1,688
Resis 8 hours ago

Hello all... I'm a casual listener, although very much into great sound. You'll find in my living room Genelec 8431 x 2 +...

HoveringBit
replies: 10 views: 428
Resis 8 hours ago

Hey all. I've already read plenty about the differences between the D and DX, but is there much of a difference in sound...

Kroc
replies: 1 views: 225
Swing 8 hours ago

Hi folks, I pitch and capture in Protools through my analog rig. My current workflow is this: Digital processing (Spatial...

HMastering
replies: 2 views: 368
HMastering 9 hours ago

Just wondering how people would compare these two compressors soundwise? I know the distressor is about versatility and sound...

toasteh
replies: 10 views: 3,015
ltjohnrambo 17 hours ago

Hi guys I need to basically start over with hardware and need some info for recording old sound modules into an audio...

gradivus
replies: 5 views: 340
gradivus 17 hours ago

Hello everybody, Time for my first post here. I run my own little mixing studio. No recording, no mastering, only mixing. I...

Rob Gordon
replies: 313 views: 13,495
NathanBarley 18 hours ago

Been looking for a monitor controller for some time and after checking out several others, the Slate Control "looks"...

Indian Hills
replies: 2 views: 503
Indian Hills 18 hours ago

Dumb question (or maybe not dumb but perhaps ridiculous), but the curiosity is killing me. What would happen to the sound of an...

Noba772
replies: 8 views: 359
Jeff Hayat 19 hours ago

Looking for leads on VF-14 M, if possible NOS (if they exist), would be great. Thanks

waxwhizz
replies: 14 views: 1,210
Matti 21 hours ago

I had a question that, i understand, is highly subjective. I've been on the search for a new pair of monitors in the $2500/pr...

terraamb01
replies: 351 views: 58,843
TS-12 21 hours ago

Hey guys! Im looking to expand my analog outs . At the moment i route my 8 outs to the dangerous music 2 bus plus then into the...

fredweb
replies: 1 views: 289
andersmv 22 hours ago

Got a U87AI not too long ago, and I have found that it is very sensitive to vibration, even with the $300 plus shockmount...

JL1000
replies: 11 views: 701
JL1000 1 day ago

It’s been like this for months! And that’s across the user agent spectrum (chrome, iPhone, Firefox, safari... they’re all...

geocities
replies: 1 views: 297
Emanuel23 1 day ago

Trying to locate a Telefunken VF14m tube from a reputable seller. Please PM me if you have any info on one. Thanks! Scammers...

ghostwriter
replies: 52 views: 4,628
ghostwriter 1 day ago

Has anybody used one of these filters? I know Pultec is renowned for their EQ, but what about this piece of equipment?

soupking
replies: 6 views: 8,448
Sam an huel 1 day ago

Hey guys We are starting the new Skid Row album project tomorrow at WireWorld. Just got back from pre-production in Atlanta...

mwagener
replies: 371 views: 63,936
Baddo 1 day ago

Hello, I have a 1950s reel to reel that I am trying to record to from my DAW then back into the box. My line outs on my...

guitargodmiles
replies: 0 views: 234
guitargodmiles 1 day ago

Hello! I am currently looking to add to my mic collection and have always wanted a pair of Coles 4038's. HOWEVER, I'm slightly...

max1805
replies: 36 views: 1,015
crille_mannen 1 day ago

Just wondering how many Slutz have installed their power supplies with variable pattern control inside the control room as oppsed...

amelinda
replies: 6 views: 341
Drumsound 1 day ago

Hello All.... I'm having trouble with the AES / Digital input selection on the new Drawmer MC3.1. I'm using an Aurora 16...

N172427
replies: 1 views: 282
kuko 1 day ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 769 views: 126,399
kuko 1 day ago

Is it possible to add Tonelux Shadowmix Automation to a Trident 80B to control the faders in say ProTools? Or is there any other...

Leak1989
replies: 30 views: 1,296
zamproject 1 day ago

I've got a Metric Halo ULN-8 and LIO-8, which between them have 16 channels of analog I/O and 16 channels of AES/EBU digital I/O....

NWSooner
replies: 6 views: 4,489
Alvarez1 1 day ago

First off hello and thank you for such a great site ....... i have managed to get hold of some Neve 34132 and 34120 MIC PRE...

angus007
replies: 2 views: 419
angus007 1 day ago

Hello friends! I wonder if anyone has any info about thia Raindirk mini mixer from 1974. There is very little information about...

Ted Krotkiewski
replies: 22 views: 1,154
Ted Krotkiewski 1 day ago

Hello fellow Gearslutz. Today has not been a good day. I left my mix last night sounding good, you know to where in the next...

djkazzanova
replies: 21 views: 2,269
Indian Hills 1 day ago

Hello all, Anyone who's owned or has extensive experience with a Sony C800g mic able to chime in? My friend and I bought...

ChaChaMalone
replies: 29 views: 1,805
Raj Smoove 1 day ago

$385 mic cable (Requisite) Vs Canare starquad mic cable here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9th8oT_eLU8 this cable was...

shawn sullivan
replies: 101 views: 11,461
Lunar Attic 1 day ago

Hi all After reading, listening and basically being blown away by the Merging Technologies Hapi/Horus I've found myself lusting...

fridge_me
replies: 2 views: 284
fridge_me 1 day ago

Hi Folks! I've been trying to get some info on these machines, but the website is completely uninformative. Could somebody...

Sput
replies: 26 views: 8,297
augustin187 1 day ago

Hi all! I have a Chandler Limited REDD mic here at the moment, and am having a lot of fun experimenting with it and putting it...

Kroc
replies: 87 views: 4,950
adam_f 2 days ago

HI guys,anyone owner of that cool gear? Kahayan Pro-Audio Any comments? Thank You

angel72bg
replies: 3 views: 632
Gertius 2 days ago

What about a sweeping upgrade program for all of us "The BOX" owners to a high end kick ass vintage style opmamp for...

Rea
replies: 4 views: 599
callmelaub 2 days ago

I'm demoing a Copperhead right now and really liking it. My primary vocal mic right now is a NT1A modded by Michael Joly. I...

DeyBwah
replies: 26 views: 3,263
vsthalion 2 days ago

So I am trying to record a few Swart 18 watt amps dimed out. I have a great room very reverb heavy - which I like. I am running...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 9 views: 503
Doc Mixwell 2 days ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,280 views: 170,775
[email protected] 2 days ago

who knows more about this piece? i found only few informations about it. seems to be a 24 track sampler with pitch...

jagarinec
replies: 38 views: 26,081
oldgearguy 2 days ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,577 views: 100,228
jeremyhorn 2 days ago

Upgrading my ye old monitors and have 5K. Has anybody compared these? What's your vibe? I just bought a pair of PMC...

Pyxis360
replies: 46 views: 10,740
Brad Lunde 3 days ago

Hi I was wondering if anyone on here could be of some help? I bought eight AML ez1081 pre's & a Fredenstein Bento 10S...

ChrisForge
replies: 15 views: 1,796
masterlogic 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search