The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 65,718
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hey gang. So after settling on my Prism Titan for ADDA, I'm now running a test on which cables to outfit the new place with....

herecomesyourman
replies: 73 views: 5,115
ripripstabstab 49 minutes ago

Hello all, Looking to expand my mic collection. Thinking I want a tube LDC as I've never owned one before and would like to try...

u87allen
replies: 36 views: 1,496
crille_mannen 55 minutes ago

I've been listening to some old recordings done in the late 90s on Panasonic MDA-1s. I've been stunned by how superior the sound...

at4033
replies: 291 views: 36,872
Ford Slinger 1 hour ago

Have you ever nailed a big elec guitar tone that surprised you? Apart from the player and their gear what did you do in regards...

nuemes
replies: 38 views: 1,036
Brent Hahn 1 hour ago

Hi, I'm looking for console with 8 aux sends. Will be nice that this console have compressor in chanell strips. Nevermind...

staniuu
replies: 16 views: 587
Jim Williams 2 hours ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 177 views: 14,967
mig27 2 hours ago

I just read this very good article, basically it says sealed monitors would have better transient response on low end, and...

DB117
replies: 88 views: 3,860
DB117 3 hours ago

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can give me a good estimate as to how good/better a set of inear headphones are in...

11miles
replies: 13 views: 4,826
Mister Karloff 5 hours ago

Hi all, I have a pair of SM9 in a small treated room (11x11 ft). I've rolled off the bass with the onboard EQ, and then...

Danielbest1
replies: 7 views: 368
Hrodulf 5 hours ago

I'm having issues with ear piercing harsh vocals on a particular female pop vocal in the 1k to 5k area. Especially around 3k. The...

chrisdee
replies: 45 views: 913
everyday 5 hours ago

With remote! I can't think of anything in pro audio that has depreciated like...

Dopamine
replies: 22 views: 6,071
kafka 9 hours ago

I've been experimenting with overdrive and limiting on a sound file with outboard gear, and for some reason the affect is mostly...

FlyingMusician
replies: 10 views: 595
ruffrecords 10 hours ago

Hi all! I have a Chandler Limited REDD mic here at the moment, and am having a lot of fun experimenting with it and putting it...

Kroc
replies: 375 views: 22,788
WunderBro Flo 10 hours ago

I've been running too long on 3 good channels and was wondering if there are any Amek/Neve experts out there. I have schematics...

[email protected]
replies: 7 views: 4,103
trymonlam 12 hours ago

I've been wanting to experiment with highpass filtering my instruments with an analog highpass filter. My sweetwater rep...

O-dawg
replies: 6 views: 394
O-dawg 13 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,357 views: 185,187
Saxplayerz 17 hours ago

So I'm referring to a mic like this: -Ideal for most voices, brings out best to vocalist -Included with natural sounding hpf...

Elpsycongroo
replies: 60 views: 6,062
Oldone 19 hours ago

Sony c800g

So...like everyone I see on gs, I've came from a u87ai...to gathering funds to get a sony. I have a 1073, 1176 and the c800 and...

asylumatik
replies: 123 views: 8,796
WunderBro Flo 21 hours ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,623 views: 113,161
themiracle 22 hours ago

I’m looking to get rid of my UA Apollo 16 since I’ve moved into a facility that has a Burl Mothership in the tracking room. I...

EleKtriKaz
replies: 15 views: 637
EleKtriKaz 23 hours ago

A couple years ago, everyone and their dad knew that if you wanted a serious 10 space chassis, it was the Sweet Ten (the fixed...

sam guaiana
replies: 8 views: 709
Drywsef 23 hours ago

hello everyone. i just purchased an original RCA 77dx. it looks absolutely A1 condition, and the Nashville seller assures me...

BIG BUDDHA
replies: 8 views: 516
Bryce 23 hours ago

ks digital

i build small project studios, mostly for clients who come to sing or play at my place. so heres this client who says " i...

audiothings
replies: 84 views: 30,808
mista min 1 day ago

Hello all, I've read several "what is the best 1073 clone" threads here, but I haven't found anything recent that...

EGainey
replies: 9 views: 496
thismercifulfate 1 day ago

Picked up a DBX 160vu compressor. Now, for wiring, I need to make input and output cables, but....... what type of cable? Its...

studioman59
replies: 9 views: 375
studioman59 1 day ago

I started this year with new Bomber B2 ADC. Very impressed!

Mr. Bars
replies: 379 views: 30,766
thismercifulfate 1 day ago

Hello gearslutz! Does anyone know how could control my Summit Audio Element 78 MPE-200 by midi? Any simple solutions that would...

Guit247
replies: 0 views: 223
Guit247 1 day ago

I just bought a couple Ampex 351s that need a replacement input transformer. My initial thought is to hunt for some originals,...

South Brokelyn
replies: 0 views: 225
South Brokelyn 1 day ago

Hey slutz! I was just about to buy a nice cream pair of Soyuz SU-013 when I came across the Telefunken M60 FET. I plan to...

omegaomega
replies: 26 views: 1,584
joelfarr 1 day ago

I'm open to suggestions, and of course, I intend to demo before committing. I am looking for a detailed LDC that would compliment...

unphased
replies: 16 views: 667
cheu78 1 day ago

Hi all, I’m in the process of researching an upgrade for my monitor control system. Specifically a controller with integral...

HamburgerFactory
replies: 8 views: 978
Overdrive 1 day ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 705 views: 70,367
puriteaudio 2 days ago

I am racking up some Telefunken V672 as Mic-Preamps and I am looking for some user-proposals to push it further. I think I am...

Der Roman
replies: 4 views: 410
matucha 2 days ago

I'm considering getting the SSL Bus Compressor. Any difference, sonically, between the three whatsoever?

erike123
replies: 12 views: 623
Glenn Bucci 2 days ago

Hi all, I'm about buying some expensive stuff and would like what you think about those two. What are the differences if any...

Mgr
replies: 36 views: 20,933
Mgr 2 days ago

Hello all, I'm interested in replacing my Shadow Hills Equinox with the Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet. I see some...

Abbas Alshafai
replies: 11 views: 820
nomatic 2 days ago

Hi, I have a Prism Titan on a very small but yet very well acoustic treated room (3m x 2,60m) and im using a Dynaudio bm6. But im...

Weile
replies: 53 views: 3,905
crille_mannen 2 days ago

Seriously considering some 500 stuff. I have nothing as yet, so I am going to ask some of you to point me in the right direction....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 207 views: 25,553
Lud 2 days ago

Does anyone who owns a Little Devil eq find it hard to see whats going on? Its been offered to me at a fair price, but i am...

Aumumano
replies: 5 views: 618
radiospace 2 days ago

Hey Everyone, It seems kind of impossible to find any info on this piece or even some sound clips of how this thing sounds....

Cooleyocity
replies: 10 views: 2,798
Benconfused 2 days ago

I finally got those beauties in the same position, this is a purely subjective comparison, my aim is to find out which brand I...

DB117
replies: 101 views: 3,606
DB117 2 days ago

Hi all, I've been checking out the various Overstayer boxes and I like the kinda "to-tape-&-back" general vibe...

Atlanta Bliss
replies: 12 views: 4,463
enyo 2 days ago

Have you guys seen this new summing mixer/routing mixer? Looks cool, check it out; http://www.apiaudio.com/thebox.html

ppanton321
replies: 466 views: 77,066
auboj 2 days ago

Would any of you guys avoid using a 500 series unit on the masterbus during a mix down and insist on using a full 19"...

eromain
replies: 102 views: 6,307
BradM 2 days ago

I'm happy owner of three Brauner mics now: VMX, Phanthera and now also Valvet. Even with all my classics I own, I must say I...

carloff
replies: 47 views: 3,560
acupunk 2 days ago

It is not up on their site. Can't find a hint of a manual or much else on google except for dealer's ads. Apparently 1 G.S posted...

kellyd
replies: 7 views: 1,881
theothermarkwilliams 2 days ago

Focal Trio 6be have an automatic standby that kicks in after 15 minutes of no audio coming in. I have already enquired Focal...

jacko
replies: 24 views: 4,694
pentagon 2 days ago

I found this AES sponsored presentation by D.W Fearn and the Hazelrigg Brothers fascinating. Their usage of the two AEA R88's for...

Doc Mixwell
replies: 36 views: 2,153
Omicron_9 2 days ago

Hello, I’m about to sell some of my unused gear. Some items are quite expensive and I’d like to have your input on how to...

Mgr
replies: 2 views: 360
Mgr 3 days ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 270 views: 47,737
AMIEL 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search