The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 63,143
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I started this year with new Bomber B2 ADC. Very impressed!

Mr. Bars
replies: 185 views: 13,816
Wiggy Neve Slut 24 minutes ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 123 views: 8,342
adamj31 44 minutes ago

Hi all! I have a Chandler Limited REDD mic here at the moment, and am having a lot of fun experimenting with it and putting it...

Kroc
replies: 230 views: 10,913
Doc Mixwell 46 minutes ago

Sony c800g

So...like everyone I see on gs, I've came from a u87ai...to gathering funds to get a sony. I have a 1073, 1176 and the c800 and...

asylumatik
replies: 88 views: 3,930
chazmar 1 hour ago

Hello you all,howdy There are times that you can take a risk and think: " why not buying something out of the Ukraine...

flute player
replies: 926 views: 195,786
Sniff 2 hours ago

This is my first post on the forum, but I've been visiting for years and greatly appreciate the input from this...

RayHeath
replies: 183 views: 5,219
Plush 2 hours ago

I bought a Neve 1073 DPX a year ago and my all studio furniture is angled. After a few months the lower preamp started to fail...

Wakena2003
replies: 5 views: 388
Wakena2003 3 hours ago

I’m setting up a studio to produce Pop/R&B Music. I’ll only be recording 1 vocalist at a time, guitar & bass (direct...

Robert13
replies: 23 views: 834
Bushman 3 hours ago
replies: 17 views: 1,611
SP2016 3 hours ago

Hi Folks! I've been trying to get some info on these machines, but the website is completely uninformative. Could somebody...

Sput
replies: 28 views: 8,466
researchtriangle 4 hours ago
replies: 0 views: 106
Eastbanjo 4 hours ago

Anyone own both of these mics? For a while the Manley was the mic that came closest to the sound of a Sony C800g. I was...

etrella
replies: 2 views: 103
andersmv 4 hours ago

anyone heard psi monitors?? www.psiaudio.com they are supposed to sound vbery good, i just wanted to get a light impression from...

xl-sander
replies: 315 views: 63,995
zamproject 4 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 210 views: 25,082
Jonny_s 5 hours ago

Hey guys, I’m currently shopping for a “signature” microphone for my studio, primarily for my own voice. I have a...

willmarshall
replies: 13 views: 553
Jim Williams 5 hours ago

Anyone already listened to this? this sounds sooooooo huge!!! _kIrRooQwuk

tape_attack!!!
replies: 14 views: 1,705
Midnight Oil Audio 5 hours ago

Hi, What are Neve 2254 compressers good for? How would you rate these units overall and how would you describe there...

everglass
replies: 151 views: 80,952
Vox_Humana 6 hours ago

Looking at these booth for mix bus mojo pre my RND Master Bus processor. I wonder if the Curve Bender price tag is worth it...

augustin187
replies: 6 views: 624
Fidelis 8 hours ago

As the title clearly shows.. Has anyone put API preamps aside to Tonelux MP5a ones? Talking about 500 modules,...

Davide Janez
replies: 1 views: 200
paul999 14 hours ago

I recorded this song with Solo 610 and Soundelux u195 mic. Do you think it has good vocal quality or should I buy more expensive...

Kevin1501
replies: 0 views: 61
Kevin1501 14 hours ago

Hey Everyone, I recently purchased a Bricasti M7 to add to my studio setup. I'm currently running my Genelec 8341's...

jndittmar
replies: 3 views: 301
jndittmar 15 hours ago

Title says it all: Roger Mayer 456 tape sim VS Portico 5042 and others The Roger Mayer "456" tape emulation...

mixerguy
replies: 49 views: 13,273
Drumhead57 15 hours ago

Sunset Sound Studio started with S1P's production in 2012, then I think these limited edition preamps - now at REV C and with at...

Davide Janez
replies: 5 views: 584
Davide Janez 17 hours ago

Hello - Is there a equivalent of telefunken V72, mercury M72, Redd 47 in 500 format?

priko
replies: 2 views: 1,064
rwsand 17 hours ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,586 views: 102,246
Starstreet 19 hours ago

Hey guys, Was wondering if anyone is using the external 'Meter' output on their Avocet to hook into a Dorrough meter or...

Glamdring
replies: 11 views: 2,391
Jimmy Makhaisingh 20 hours ago

Hi all, So I just bought a 2192 and I'm wanting to run from my Motu 424 card into a 2408mk3, then SPDIF to the UA 2192. I only...

rockgod1968
replies: 0 views: 204
rockgod1968 21 hours ago

Hi, I will get a second Powerstrip next week. The EQ is the same like the Retro 2a3, so I’m going to use it for mixing duties...

___GLM___
replies: 8 views: 621
b0se 22 hours ago

I would love one of these! I have the Portico Channel strip and am nuts about it. Trying to find a price for this new offering....

jayfield
replies: 147 views: 39,181
Redwine 1 day ago

This just came up for sale on CL/LA. $22k, not affiliated with seller. Based on an old Studer. Thought y'all might be...

EvilRoy
replies: 8 views: 583
Mr. Tom 1 day ago

Hi guys! After alot of lurking, reading, listening etc. I've decided to get a Portico II MBP. It's will first hardware compressor...

MatsNo
replies: 81 views: 14,064
Slogun 1 day ago

Hi Folks, I have the opportunity to grab a used one. I found some reviews here and there but not too much about real...

stamand
replies: 4 views: 1,538
Wakena2003 1 day ago

I bought a Teegarden Audio Magic pre a while back on a whim and now wonder why these are not better known? I have had most every...

nomatic
replies: 17 views: 725
dankin 1 day ago

Looking to finish off my lunchbox. Quite interested in both, from the description / sound they both do the darkened LA-2A...

ShadowAMD
replies: 2 views: 428
Twenty Staxx 1 day ago

Found a thread. Peace out.

jeremyhorn
replies: 0 views: 333
jeremyhorn 1 day ago

Hi! What's the best resolution to have on a ultrawide display if you want to see the entire project at once? I want to see as...

PerGunnar
replies: 7 views: 377
PerGunnar 1 day ago

I seem to have straightened out the T&C board problems with my 224, but now I have four error codes that start in the E...

dbbubba
replies: 14 views: 1,861
supercuts 1 day ago

Fairly self explanatory question, but I’m interested in people’s thoughts on SSL and Neve’s high end offerings (Duality,...

Shadow Puppets
replies: 32 views: 1,703
johnnyc 1 day ago

some of you may or may not have looked at a thread i put up a week or so ago regarding a new comp for my mastering setup to...

neilwight
replies: 29 views: 11,554
Doc Mixwell 2 days ago

Hello everybody, my 2nd post here. I have recently purchased a used D&R Cinemix and I've found a few posts on here were...

ZioGuido
replies: 122 views: 15,037
sweetmojo 2 days ago

Hello, there was a lot of buzz about the 'coming' Sennheiser MKH 8030. I can't seem to find it nowhere. Am I missing...

rojaros
replies: 5 views: 1,040
TJP 2 days ago

Has anyone compared Amphion One 15 or even One 18 against Genelec 8040? From the raving user reviews that I’ve read the...

11bit
replies: 47 views: 10,451
reflix 2 days ago

Having recently had an album mastered at Sterling Sound I’m strongly considering purchasing a Sontec 432 Parametric Equalizer...

ParkRun
replies: 10 views: 1,225
Tadaki 2 days ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,693 views: 905,798
Emanuel23 2 days ago

Slutz, I am in need one very high-end preamp. I was all set on a Rupert Neve Designs 5024, but I've just come across a good deal...

chrismeraz
replies: 32 views: 2,174
KIDBILL 2 days ago

I'm not seeing very many Vintage 1073's available or showing up in the sold listings on eBay. The unit I have was purchased from...

jimmoon
replies: 3 views: 436
pinokeyodohkeyo 2 days ago

So. I found a pair of JBL S2600 speakers in an alley in LA today. I didn't know much about them as I don't mess around in the...

Akayemusica
replies: 0 views: 317
Akayemusica 2 days ago

Here is an audio sample I recorded some vulgar language is being used beware , but anyway ...Sony c100 to Apollo using unison...

Cokey30
replies: 3 views: 559
zohomoho 2 days ago

Greetings All, First time poster. I hope I do this correctly. I have access to an SSL 6040 from the early 80s with a G+ computer...

MotownGuy
replies: 6 views: 646
MotownGuy 2 days ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 796 views: 130,967
AlexK 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search