The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 67,603
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Spent what feels like days researching different preamps and I’m down to the following; 1. Shelford Channel 2. Portico II 3....

itwillendintears
replies: 5 views: 347
AudioGold 7 minutes ago

There are many threads discussing the relative value of hardware vs software compressors. Perhaps title should read: "Why...

mrand
replies: 758 views: 17,826
f33 18 minutes ago

Hey guys, just chimed in on a discussion on the Overstayer 8755 some days ago where people were talking about the SVC...

Uli Auer
replies: 4 views: 373
Uli Auer 23 minutes ago

This record truly represented the peak and the end of an era in rock record production. Real performances, real instruments, real...

UGP
replies: 30 views: 1,269
Jeff Hayat 1 hour ago

I consider upgrading my RME Converters to PrismSound. They sound much better than the RME! But i never saw a Lavry, radar,...

Michael_
replies: 47 views: 7,990
Rumi 2 hours ago

You've all seen it. A well-meaning gearslut posts a thread asking for others' opinions about some sexy piece of gear he's after...

Iron Octopus
replies: 7 views: 424
Timothy Powell 3 hours ago

Realizing that these are both pretty obscure converters at the moment, but I'm interested given that they have very similar...

IanBSC
replies: 1 views: 513
Rumi 3 hours ago

Is anyone familiar with the Focusrite Red 3 compressor? Focusrite Audio Engineering | UK Site | Products | Red | RED 3 How...

. . .
replies: 47 views: 37,165
Wiggy Neve Slut 3 hours ago

I have been using the Forsell MADA (original) for AD and DA for mixing out of the box. The DA is fabulous. I am wondering if I...

AB3
replies: 32 views: 4,947
Rumi 3 hours ago

I can't go into to much detail right now but a close friend of mine has purchased the company and is awaiting delivery of all the...

James Lugo
replies: 262 views: 36,609
Saxplayerz 4 hours ago

You rarely hear of any studios built in a geodesic dome framework. Reasons? They are incredibly cheap, and consistently...

Heterodox
replies: 72 views: 10,097
Sigma 5 hours ago
replies: - views: -
Sigma 6 hours ago

Think these monitors deserve a hell of a lot more mentions in the countless monitor discussions. Took the plunge today, thanks...

orangefridge
replies: 12 views: 1,652
Marando 6 hours ago

I recently bought a used 3U. What a great sounding compressor. It came with the JJ 6386 tubes (and the seller also gave me the...

Feltman
replies: 5 views: 443
Feltman 8 hours ago

Hey guys. My studio is currently being designed and soon majorly upgraded, which will hopefully allow me to mix with more...

PaulMac
replies: 107 views: 4,364
dinococcus 8 hours ago

Is anyone familiar with these controls (or jumpers) on an RCA 44 mic? I’m guessing “M” is music and “V” is voice (and...

boomwhack
replies: 7 views: 294
boomwhack 9 hours ago

For those of you that are in the know, between the D-sub and EDAC 3pin, what makes you choose one over the other?

6_Three
replies: 9 views: 595
Bassmankr 9 hours ago

I'm thinking of checking it out. Tired of 57 ALL the time! Other Suggestions welcome especially for Jazz snr. Thanks

talco
replies: 4 views: 1,751
henryrobinett 10 hours ago

I am looking a top tube mic pre that is smooth, big, not too tubey, clean, detailed,...you know all the good stuff. I have...

Bmtblader
replies: 133 views: 10,656
Remy Leloup 11 hours ago

Hi, I am from Brussels - Belgium and I have a nice sounding audio set : a Studer D 730 CD with a Crane Song Solaris DAC and...

edbrux
replies: 1 views: 125
Ulrich 11 hours ago

my question is: would it really matter that much if i use a different brand of sub speaker, let's say Genelec for...

parkie
replies: 7 views: 419
mrc 12 hours ago

Hey everyone, looking for a bit of advice or maybe some potential resources on good practices with using a hardware HF compressor...

Seamoss
replies: 21 views: 1,240
thehightenor 14 hours ago

any new feedback from the HEDD type 20 speakers. anyone have them? how is the translation verses say something more clinical...

acupunk
replies: 43 views: 3,053
sergioelectro 15 hours ago

Hi folks, I'm got a large space adjacent to my studio that i can use as an echochamber. So i'm wondering what kind of mics...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 10 views: 447
MIKEHARRIS 16 hours ago

I am a fan of the Apogee Mini Me. With my mics, subject....it’s the best combined solution. However, 2 tracks is a problem. ...

HelenaBzg
replies: 5 views: 364
psycho_monkey 20 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,967 views: 996,104
hornyhornyhorny 20 hours ago

Hi and Happy New Year to all! I am a little surprised about the lack of discussions regarding Hedd Audio studio monitors while...

mantovibe
replies: 30 views: 2,283
Noctambulant 22 hours ago

Salutations Slutz, I've been recording on eleven years now and have reached the determination that it's time to go big or go...

Master Moss
replies: 599 views: 32,256
Zoot 23 hours ago

the best hardware tape emulation today? i want that tape thing happening in the analog domain before the ad convertion....

Arseny
replies: 523 views: 60,679
drBill 1 day ago

I LOVE the way the UAD ATR plug sounds, but not the latency it introduces to my workflow when on the mix bus. So I want a...

proxy
replies: 32 views: 1,469
proxy 1 day ago

Hello Gearslutz, My father recently passed away and I have inherited two RCA 44 mics. I’m planning to transport them back...

boomwhack
replies: 4 views: 282
andersmv 1 day ago

0 dbfs = +20 dbu in Pro Tools . I can't change it . I have converter with +24 dbu . In Pro Tools I can +3.9 db over than 0...

toofanstudio
replies: 2 views: 276
Prodba 1 day ago

Hi, I'm interested in knowing a little more about Raindirk Symphony LN3. I've been scanning the web and gearslutz but...

Dan O
replies: 2 views: 373
burp182 1 day ago

Hello. Does anybody have any experience with Harrison Mr4? I've been offered one, a 48 ch in decent condition with lots of...

giraf
replies: 33 views: 11,510
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 day ago

Hi Folks! I'd like to know about your experience with this console. I'm looking to buy a new desk and there are several...

Sput
replies: 36 views: 14,345
Saxplayerz 1 day ago

I recently picked up a Grommes G5M because I have read a few things online, but nothing detailed, and wanted to know what this...

knave101
replies: 11 views: 2,158
mrand 1 day ago

A similar question was asked back in 2011 but I figure that the SCL-1 has had more time in studios now. I'm currently doing...

Jeremiah Sheets
replies: 11 views: 1,277
allan 1 day ago

Hi, I'm considering buying a 2 channels mic pres. I could use on different styles - modern/vintage - I want to use it with a...

Mos.
replies: 0 views: 156
Mos. 1 day ago

I found some used Atc SCM 10.2 speakers for sale. Produced 2002, lightly used. I will use theses with quested 3110, so bass...

beef
replies: 4 views: 315
beef 1 day ago

Hello all! I'm in Montana so I don't have the convenience of auditioning any of these. What are your impressions of each? I...

AndromedaA6
replies: 5 views: 771
Man_O_Music 1 day ago

Hello Gearslutz, My father recently passed away and he left behind a ton of Cascade mics. My brother and I have already...

boomwhack
replies: 0 views: 160
boomwhack 1 day ago

Hi Quick question I want my stereo bus to go through tube circuitry and to color the sound of my mixes. I don't want...

insomni.ac
replies: 16 views: 979
warlordpriest 1 day ago

Dear Slutz. I'm currently looking at preamp options for my studio. I like the idea of the API 3124MB+, giving you 4 channels...

creative.control
replies: 14 views: 3,932
Mixxed Up 2 days ago

am buying a vintage (not re issue) Neuman U47 Fet. it makes a popping noise once or twice during the first 20 minutes of use....

larrykane
replies: 5 views: 326
larrykane 2 days ago

hi everyone, what are my options for a mic preamp based on the Trident A Range design? Doesn't have to be an exact clone. My...

halfmanhalftoast
replies: 45 views: 7,015
Paul_G 2 days ago

Hi, so I've wanted to get the NEVE 1073 DPA preamp but dont need two channels, does anyone know the singular version of it? No...

susus123
replies: 0 views: 189
susus123 2 days ago

They make the power supply most SSL owners use and love. But I found today they make a full range compact studio monitor Called...

anguswoodhead
replies: 8 views: 576
dankin 2 days ago

I'm routing these 4 hardware reverb units to the sends of my console for mixing many various styles of music (largely rock). For...

Nevemachine
replies: 50 views: 3,066
string6theory 2 days ago

Hi all! I've been in contact with BAE and after additional troubleshooting I may just have to send this unit to them for...

withintheflux
replies: 0 views: 191
withintheflux 2 days ago

I recently sold my NTI EQ3 and Im missing it already. Im thinking about getting a pair of Maag EQ4's to replace it. I heard...

Grasshopper11
replies: 34 views: 15,410
shortyboyboy 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search