The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 86,903
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 465 views: 64,980
drockfresh 11 minutes ago

Hi everyone: Is there a comprehensive list of options that were sold for the infamous Publison Infernal Machine IM90? The unit...

ditabeardmemo
replies: 4 views: 2,425
oldgearguy 11 minutes ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 405 views: 48,695
blaugruen7 14 minutes ago

There's lots of threads about the "Wow" factor, but I was curious if anyone had experienced any gear that wasn't as...

Cooleyocity
replies: 197 views: 8,975
themiracle 56 minutes ago

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda.. I am familiar with the sound of ATC speakers and love them to bits. I am however considering if I'd...

midmost
replies: 58 views: 16,039
Brad Lunde 1 hour ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 2,004 views: 188,865
themiracle 1 hour ago

Which would be best for baritone vocals? The 84a or Ku5a? Does the bigger ribbon necessarily have a bigger sound? Can't find as...

TenorSaxophone
replies: 44 views: 764
bgrotto 1 hour ago

I'm a little confused about why the value of something like, for example, the Lexicon 480L is so high these days. I understand...

franktree
replies: 71 views: 1,921
DougS 1 hour ago

Yo Slutz, i am considering buying a RCA 77d. I have a decent offer in good shape. Read everything i found on the web....

TheEnclave
replies: 14 views: 5,793
Bob Olhsson 1 hour ago

The single sounds AMAZING! Does someone have info on the recording sessions of this upcoming album? The single has the...

jindrich
replies: 180 views: 10,307
IM WHO YOU THINK 1 hour ago

Hello, someone has tried a pair of TG Opto’s and has compared them to the Zener / TG1. Could they be a substitute? Regards

RaulR
replies: 4 views: 1,570
qslprod 1 hour ago

I understand these were originally made for Fairchild cutting lathes. And apparently there are less than 5 of these in the...

[email protected]
replies: 218 views: 30,028
[email protected] 2 hours ago

I have some Tdif snakes I was going to resolder the Dsub and put TRS 1/4 on the other end. My cable company CBI said I could use...

gabler
replies: 59 views: 24,047
carolcappetta 2 hours ago

Got one of these in to try on a vocal, is it generally really as noisy as the one I've got when I crank up the gain or have I got...

jaffa
replies: 10 views: 2,599
Mhelms714 3 hours ago

I'm looking into getting the Kii 3 monitors for my living room / studio space. My problem is that I have a standing desk that I...

naive newbie123
replies: 7 views: 390
antstudio 4 hours ago

Does anyone have experience with the Heiserman Audio HK12 capsule? Any idea how it compares to Tim Campbell's CT12 capsule? This...

Axelorox
replies: 0 views: 55
Axelorox 4 hours ago

I own an Ampex ATR-124 and and am just wanting to connect with any other owners out there to share info, tips, parts...

Davadija
replies: 1 views: 439
glava 4 hours ago

I just stumbled on a used Sanken CU-41 for sale locally. Original owner, purchased in 1989, purportedly excellent condition....

pieter k
replies: 89 views: 10,884
Plush 5 hours ago

It's time to add another pair in my studio. I start to check about that models - Dynaudio LYD-48 Neumann KH 310 Focal Twin...

Zangiamit91
replies: 0 views: 59
Zangiamit91 5 hours ago

Hello friends. I am interested in these two candidates only, no other options for now. I like vari-mu style compression, I...

Mr. Bars
replies: 57 views: 7,533
qslprod 6 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 2,776 views: 414,089
ghostman 7 hours ago

Hello everyone. It´s my first post here at Gearslutz, so pleased to be here. I have just purchased 2 neotek 1e channels and I am...

qwert
replies: 49 views: 11,761
Johnny Dance 8 hours ago

Hey guys, I've been thinking about upgrading or rather sidegrading from the Spectre S8's I have atm which I got slightly before...

Nicked_Wicked
replies: 135 views: 43,007
Vinw 8 hours ago

Hi there. Has anyone experience with gear from the Tegeler Audio Manufactur, a German manufacturer located in Berlin? Thanks a...

Beardhead
replies: 17 views: 11,076
Firechild 10 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 8,814 views: 1,352,453
DownSideUp 11 hours ago

We have another winner here. I can’t believe Bryce just keeps doing it so well. I did not need another compressor. Then I...

bzone
replies: 91 views: 10,626
warlordpriest 11 hours ago

Last night I did an op amp shootout for the mix buss of our API 1608 console. The test went as follows: Merging Hapi D/A >...

burns46824
replies: 246 views: 10,970
IanBSC 13 hours ago

I see heaps of talk about neumanns and all those lovely 1-5k mics... but why is there very little talk about schoeps, DPA and the...

TehGuitarist
replies: 83 views: 23,921
Kingsle 13 hours ago

anyone know where i can get them? Mine went down and need to look over a few things.. thanks!!kfhkh

7+1
replies: 3 views: 1,462
bigcityrecordin 17 hours ago

Hey, I am looking at getting new monitors to mix, record and compose music with. I am split between two different sets. I...

Chad Sterling
replies: 13 views: 883
Mwine77 18 hours ago

2500 Mod

Very brief. I just pulled the 100mf caps out that are next to the THAT chips, and I highly recommend you do as well. The image...

sonicrevolution
replies: 208 views: 33,876
burns46824 18 hours ago

I'm pretty frustrated here. I hate to put them on blast but I bought HEDD Type 20 mkII and the Sub 8 in December early-mid. I...

henryrobinett
replies: 7 views: 190
John Galt 18 hours ago

I have a CU-41 and the level the mic outputs is really low (about 10db less than a modern U87 AI ) is your CU-41 quite compared...

Sniperschool
replies: 4 views: 1,335
Sniperschool 19 hours ago

Hello to everybody. This is my first post. Has anyone had the opportunity to compare old Genelec S30 with 8050, and also...

AlexanderPopovic
replies: 2 views: 111
AlexanderPopovic 20 hours ago

Hi, For you Radar Studio owners out there.. Are you able to Run Windows 10 or are you having to stay with 8.1? I'm having...

gwm
replies: 5 views: 252
pitchbend 21 hours ago

Hey guys! Finally, after months of digging, I found something which gives the answer to monitoring at Bernie Grundman...

darkalex
replies: 10 views: 1,129
DownSideUp 22 hours ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,551 views: 310,852
jensenmann 23 hours ago

Don't hear that much anymore about Proac monitors, Any of you guys still using them? How would you compare your Proac to other...

eclipse
replies: 33 views: 4,496
time2mix.com 1 day ago

Hello, I recently upgraded my vocal booth and room, so I've decided to purchase a new vocal chain. I already have a U87ai and I...

MicPoe
replies: 95 views: 15,281
Jambox811 1 day ago

I got an API lunchbox with a 512b to get started. What about you?

AlanTide
replies: 1,619 views: 206,738
Robby in WA 1 day ago

Looking for a tube preamp to complement my solid state selection (primarily for vocals) and wondering if anyone can help me...

kaleida
replies: 71 views: 7,304
qslprod 1 day ago

Was going to order a new Aurora Stinger when I early found that they have been discontinued. This was due to noise issues related...

2cthetruth
replies: 25 views: 5,369
sourpatch 1 day ago

Hello y'all! I'm looking to grab a high-end set of b-speakers to work as an "equal but alternate" to by current setup...

AndromedaA6
replies: 75 views: 6,069
gavros777 1 day ago

I recently bought a brand new API 550a eq module and when I connect it to a preamp in my lunchbox barely any sound comes through...

mzfl1
replies: 3 views: 171
Snoggin 1 day ago

What brands have channel strips containing EQ and compression that work in pairs for the stereo Buss? I’m considering closely...

neve1064
replies: 0 views: 92
neve1064 1 day ago

I wonder if there is anyone out there (even with pro review) who is willing to share a relevant experience related to the...

Lipaz
replies: 3 views: 1,354
Lefrançais 1 day ago

Would appreciate if someone could help me get in touch with this guy, who seems to be the pre-eminent Klemt echolette expert. ...

soundbarnfool
replies: 2 views: 241
hgregg61 1 day ago

Any owners on here that can give their reviews? Can it compare to a BAE 1073 with class A compressor? This would work out to be...

musicminister187
replies: 128 views: 36,282
shoepedals 1 day ago

Salutation Gearspacers, I am looking to invest in a matched pair of ribbon mics for recording electric guitars. I am...

Master Moss
replies: 56 views: 1,055
shoepedals 1 day ago

Hi everyone I want to buy a small analog mixer. I found a TAC Bullet 10/4/2 (1200$) and a Bullet Custom B2 (1000$) both in...

LeoS
replies: 0 views: 89
LeoS 1 day ago

Moderators