The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Options
Views: 6,659
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 57,142
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

We have two Germaniums and they need to go. I won't go into the politics here. The sound is warm (characteristic of germanium)...

elambo
replies: 41 views: 3,326
ewok_poacher 18 minutes ago

Hey Fellow amigos! Looking for a specific 500 series eq. Preferably clean as i've got lots of color pieces already. Looking for...

vsthalion
replies: 21 views: 524
Disco Cubist 41 minutes ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 40 views: 3,770
nomatic 1 hour ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 611 views: 99,327
buckan 1 hour ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,285 views: 64,339
Squawk 1 hour ago

So for similar money, I can get new Focal trio, or used K&H o410 in fine condition. Primary use would be tracking and mixing...

gregory
replies: 6 views: 132
cyjanopan 1 hour ago

Yes I know most of the usual suspects, but what am I missing. Not a single software compressor that I'm aware of gives me the...

DannyMac
replies: 6 views: 349
BillSimpkins 1 hour ago

Good Morning, I need your help. I have an Mytek 8+192. Imho this is a highly regarded ADDA converter. But if I route a signal...

Friedwald
replies: 60 views: 3,191
Friedwald 2 hours ago

Maybe someone can help me with this issue; I have a Neve 1066 that is not working properly when it goes up to 55 dBs - i think it...

fffaustino
replies: 0 views: 92
fffaustino 4 hours ago

I’m late to the daking party. From what I’ve heard in shoot outs and samples, they make awesome gear that I’d like to use...

Ox Han
replies: 2 views: 151
lobsterinn 4 hours ago

There is something I always endup not liking in my in the box mixes. I think it is the highs, and am not sure wether it's due to...

djanogil
replies: 56 views: 8,247
DirkB 8 hours ago

Hey, Are there any mics that come close to the coles 4038 in terms of its deep, smooth, creamy sound? I have a single coles...

scruffy
replies: 32 views: 5,642
esencia 10 hours ago

Hey! has anyone heard the new Audeze? I was after the LCD-4 but this is just awesome for studio use: lighter, cheaper and...

DownSideUp
replies: 1 views: 229
Blast9 10 hours ago

I have done comparisons between the Neve 1073 LB and the 1073 DPA, and in pretty much every case I gave a slight edge to the...

SamKingston
replies: 21 views: 4,699
griploc_1981 12 hours ago

Hi, Has anyone on here had experience with both of these pres? How do they compare tone and performance wise?

dickiefunk
replies: 10 views: 3,453
Kumbari 14 hours ago

High End Gear makers - put the power switch on the front! It makes no sense putting the power button on a piece of gear that...

piano
replies: 9 views: 372
johnnyc 14 hours ago

This mic always sound excellent in the "Colors" show on youtube. Someone who can tell me what it is?

learns
replies: 8 views: 261
Drumsound 15 hours ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,521 views: 1,518,193
vernier 16 hours ago

There's some guy over at homerecording.com that swears that pro studios plug their mics into patch bays. I told him most pro...

cominginsecond
replies: 14 views: 4,135
bassman001 19 hours ago

Probably covered, but would like to create a discussion... I'm referring to 'vintage' as items that are not made anymore or have...

CJ1973
replies: 41 views: 4,758
cathode 22 hours ago

I consider upgrading my RME Converters to PrismSound. They sound much better than the RME! But i never saw a Lavry, radar,...

Michael_
replies: 13 views: 810
loji 22 hours ago

Always liked summit kit and ownbbith the DCL200 and the original Dave Hill TLA compressors. Think that even though they’re...

Wiggy Neve Slut
replies: 2 views: 237
loji 22 hours ago

Have a couple of Neve 1076 modules I want to mount in a rack with DIs on the front as most of the recording I do is via DI....

tycho
replies: 3 views: 247
tycho 23 hours ago

Would you please tell about drawmer s3 experiences ?!

toofanstudio
replies: 0 views: 153
toofanstudio 23 hours ago

I use 1032 , and 5.1 8030w/7060b sub And I have an exprience with 8040 - 8260 . I have a problem with crossover between low and...

toofanstudio
replies: 0 views: 157
toofanstudio 1 day ago

Or just try another mic? Something like the filter on the BAE 1073 MPF....do you think that's enough in most cases or do many...

oceantracks
replies: 117 views: 14,717
PRAJNAIMMOVABLE 1 day ago

Hello Guys, I want to buy a High End AD/DA Converter. It should have the quality for Mastering purposes. For now Antelope...

markcor
replies: 0 views: 129
markcor 1 day ago

I'm in the market for a new compressor. I was thinking to buy the Drawmer 1968 but I now saw the 1978 and it doesn't look bad at...

JEK3
replies: 92 views: 17,638
zinzin 1 day ago

Manley users: How does the Manley Vari Mu, Massive Passive, Slam combo sound on the stereo bus? What is the sound? When do...

SF_Guy
replies: 3 views: 325
GreenNeedle 1 day ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 695 views: 140,950
Jack P 1 day ago

I have been lusting after a Dave Hill designs Europa for a very long time now which I plan to chain with a ($1K'ish) compressor...

2toxic
replies: 15 views: 1,453
b0se 1 day ago

Specs are close and price also... But the 8351 looks almost twice the size of the 8341... I was wondering close are they in...

foomki100
replies: 3 views: 272
Finnmaker 1 day ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,089 views: 809,205
prize_fighter 1 day ago

Got ahold of Ken Hirsch at Orphan Audio ..he remembered the console ..we talked old electrodyne /sphere stuff ..sad ..John and...

Sigma
replies: 6 views: 462
Sigma 1 day ago

So I figured I'd start this thread not only to help me and other GS members to gain information on the vast array of different...

maxgetz
replies: 58 views: 11,033
Pro5 1 day ago

I just got a pair of Proac100 and been liking them alot. They are paired with a Bryston 4BST , Dangerous Monitor ST and Lynx...

ovibis
replies: 5 views: 1,315
prp 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Hi, I have a number of 1/2" 8 track tapes (Ampex 456) that I need to transfer to my computer while I can still find 8 track...

wiggle
replies: 19 views: 1,288
rwsand 1 day ago

Just seen THIS on the Gefell site. Coming in July - looks interesting. kfhkh They...

John Willett
replies: 84 views: 20,978
matucha 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Trev@Circle 1 day ago

Okay, so I've spent some time/money tracking drums in the analog domain (2" Studer 24 track). I'm happy with the drum...

Master Moss
replies: 13 views: 651
Timothy Powell 1 day ago

Hey everyone, I'm looking to purchase some Genelec 8351's but I noticed that my two UA Apollo 8P's don't have s/pdif out- only...

jndittmar
replies: 2 views: 176
jndittmar 2 days ago

These boards along with 400 series are rarely mentioned in the same breath as other vintage consoles like Neve and API. A little...

worldsapart
replies: 125 views: 34,776
Sigma 2 days ago

I'm looking to invest in a hardware compressor for the mix bus. I mix ambient, folk, world, jazz, classical, and a little indie...

ProducerGuy74
replies: 78 views: 7,367
KevWind 2 days ago

I suppose its a bit early as I believe the UK made ones just started shipping in Oct. but was wondering if any are using the new...

KevWind
replies: 35 views: 8,719
M_nyh 2 days ago

Focal Trio 6be have an automatic standby that kicks in after 15 minutes of no audio coming in. I have already enquired Focal...

jacko
replies: 19 views: 2,363
vsthalion 2 days ago

Hi, I have an SSL Duality and everything from Channel 25 to 96 is playing back perfectly on the monitor speakers. The Alpha Link...

Scott Pilgrim
replies: 2 views: 561
Scott Pilgrim 2 days ago

I am planning to restructure my little studio! The idea is to buy an Merging HAPI with ADA8 and if color is needed to use a...

Friedwald
replies: 10 views: 565
j.frad 2 days ago

... just wanted to see if anyone has any go to troubleshooting before I turn it over to a tech. The Avalon 737sp powers up fine,...

freshchops
replies: 6 views: 1,849
Nevbone1674 2 days ago

Everytime if i post an image coild you guys help me try to recognize what model it is? Mic #1 Sorry if its at a horrible...

SamaCrazyWorld
replies: 3 views: 335
John Willett 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search