The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 64,331
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I understand these were originally made for Fairchild cutting lathes. And apparently there are less than 5 of these in the...

[email protected]
replies: 186 views: 17,565
flipnaut 18 minutes ago

Im a guitar player, Id like to know if its true that the dbx160 was most used for electric guitar tracks in the 80s for...

recordT
replies: 69 views: 2,658
Sounds Great 21 minutes ago

Love hearing stories from the vets in the crowd: happy accidents or your proudest moments in the studio, lay it on me. If...

gravyface
replies: 1 views: 105
MichaelAngelo 2 hours ago

Salutations Slutz, I am planning to record rock drums at a Canadian recording studio within a few months. The studio I am...

Master Moss
replies: 0 views: 57
Master Moss 2 hours ago

J37

Hi I am searching for a studer j37 and I saw one on ebay that looks pretty mint but the guy wants 40k for it is this like totaly...

willz33
replies: 22 views: 1,435
Drumsound 4 hours ago

Hi, First post I'm looking for recommendations for a 2K-3K condenser microphone for clean male tenor metal vocals applications...

ikke_998
replies: 1 views: 229
Will The Weirdo 6 hours ago

Hi, I bought a BAE Audio 1073 DMP some time ago, to upgrade from my Brent Averill 1272. How surprised am I now that, when I...

David1085
replies: 2 views: 551
Zanderwestcoast 6 hours ago

I already got quite a few nice mic like: Bock 507, Sounddelux 251 with NOS tube , Redd, Gefell Um900, Nordic audio Swe1, 2gefel...

PrivateZoo
replies: 9 views: 695
David Rick 7 hours ago

Hello, right now at VK they offer 2 pairs of Neve 1100, which looks like a 1084 with slightly different frequency...

Hecker
replies: 8 views: 654
API 7 hours ago

Attached is the discrete 2-buss enclosure I've been designing with Todd Wilson at Portland Pro Audio. Inside is a discrete...

burns46824
replies: 35 views: 1,814
burns46824 9 hours ago

Those are the 3 that I’ve settled for along with a good Master Clock like an Antelope OCXHD if no Pure2 to keep all of my other...

ThaSurgnGnrl
replies: 8 views: 309
ThaSurgnGnrl 9 hours ago

Was wondering if anyone out there has experience with both and can comment on their similarities and differences in sound.

blotto
replies: 129 views: 12,346
joninc 10 hours ago

I know that Eventide had announced (but never shipped) their E-Control plugin to run the H8000. Has anyone actually delivered a...

burp182
replies: 10 views: 998
burp182 14 hours ago

Hello! I tested the m3000 and it's an excellent reverb with two engines. Especially some programs that have a true stereo....

osmos77
replies: 34 views: 3,949
Oldone 15 hours ago
replies: 13 views: 831
africantigercow 17 hours ago

Is it possible to add Tonelux Shadowmix Automation to a Trident 80B to control the faders in say ProTools? Or is there any other...

Leak1989
replies: 32 views: 1,679
stevep 18 hours ago

I bought a Teegarden Audio Magic pre a while back on a whim and now wonder why these are not better known? I have had most every...

nomatic
replies: 21 views: 1,015
nomatic 19 hours ago

Hi all, Im looking for info about the EMT 140 plate - most specifically trying to find out if the damper is actually made of...

mattdug
replies: 3 views: 569
stevep 19 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 397 views: 40,604
RoundBadge 20 hours ago

Hi guys and Gals! I recently received an awesome Neve 8801 which i've been waiting anxiously since i bought it a couple months...

pmhf.drummer
replies: 6 views: 493
kakao 23 hours ago

I'm in the market for a high quality tube DI primarily for recording electric bass. I'm looking for feed back from users who have...

Zanderwestcoast
replies: 14 views: 501
Zanderwestcoast 1 day ago

Greetings. Been a long time. I'm looking for 8038 master drawings so I can work on the wiring in the console frame, and,...

blakeyboy
replies: 7 views: 821
turtlerock 1 day ago

So I use a lowly Apollo Twin Silverface. I use either the Neve or SSL Unisyn Pre Plug ins to record, acoustic, bass, some...

oceantracks
replies: 4 views: 517
oceantracks 1 day ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,753 views: 926,625
scorpix74 1 day ago

Well what do you think? Opinions and alternatives? PEACE

Beastie
replies: 41 views: 12,350
vernier 1 day ago

Hey gang. So after settling on my Prism Titan for ADDA, I'm now running a test on which cables to outfit the new place with....

herecomesyourman
replies: 72 views: 4,454
raal 1 day ago

How often do you maintain your "vintage" microphones, if you maintain them at all ? granted that I'm talking about...

Riffz
replies: 3 views: 436
timtoonz 1 day ago

Just inherited a Dolby Model 361 with the Cat 22 card but it also has a separate Cat 43 Film processing card. I'm checking it...

Indian Hills
replies: 5 views: 360
Indian Hills 1 day ago

Hey there, found a couple of API 318 modules and 9032-10, 20, 30 and 40 Pgm logic cards. I have no use for them, so if you're an...

Indian Hills
replies: 0 views: 189
Indian Hills 1 day ago

Or are they ... ??? I'd think these kind of super high quality recorders would most certainly raise the interest of...

Parametex
replies: 91 views: 27,273
Issadore 1 day ago

Anyone out there that knows anything about this mic and want to share some info?? Does it share any resemblance of the more...

Ted Krotkiewski
replies: 0 views: 198
Ted Krotkiewski 1 day ago

Hi all, I need to get the best main monitor suited for a room size: 3.5m wide, 4m length, 2.5m height. budget 10 - 15k max My...

gotama
replies: 57 views: 2,487
cheu78 1 day ago

Looking at original 251 freq responses they look to have rolled off (cardioid) fairly quickly from 90hz. This would make a 251...

roger
replies: 20 views: 1,066
Greg Heimbecker 1 day ago

I'm happy owner of three Brauner mics now: VMX, Phanthera and now also Valvet. Even with all my classics I own, I must say I...

carloff
replies: 42 views: 2,342
carloff 1 day ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,324 views: 177,585
Master_Splinter 1 day ago

I replaced my lucid 88192 with a second Lynx Aurora about 5 months ago. Since then the Lucid has been sitting unused in a closet....

Patrick H
replies: 3 views: 474
ezhyg 1 day ago

Hello all, I hope I'm posting this question in the right forum. I've grown weary of buying classic gear on eBay or Reverb, due...

Algebra Suicide
replies: 23 views: 1,691
Noisewagon 2 days ago

Let me say this now to be clear. I am a music maker with a large console being installed so please forgive some of the gaps in my...

billsbuddy2
replies: 25 views: 1,252
billsbuddy2 2 days ago

hey all . im using summing mixer NEVE 8816 , in the past i used SPL Mixdream (the small one) and the neve much more nicer, but!...

Zangiamit91
replies: 1 views: 502
Jokerkhk 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
al green12 2 days ago

Hello friends, I am summoning your help, you people-who-knows bumpkin I am currently looking at a vintage U67 on sale (that...

RockinRobinSTB
replies: 22 views: 991
Sniperschool 2 days ago

Ok, so we all know monitors are a very personal thing and no one size fits all. So these are my highly subjective thougths about...

gainreduction
replies: 14 views: 741
AndreiPiatra 2 days ago

Getting ready to build a new Control Room around these, soffit mounted, any opinions, thoughts? Room will be a RFZ design about...

SRS
replies: 15 views: 2,447
SRS 2 days ago

For those of you who own/use the 160SL which program mode do you use most and why? One mode (160 type) has manual and...

KRStudio
replies: 19 views: 4,459
casiotone 2 days ago

anyone heard psi monitors?? www.psiaudio.com they are supposed to sound vbery good, i just wanted to get a light impression from...

xl-sander
replies: 346 views: 67,852
Heartfelt 3 days ago

Hi all! I have a Chandler Limited REDD mic here at the moment, and am having a lot of fun experimenting with it and putting it...

Kroc
replies: 362 views: 19,828
chessparov2.0 3 days ago

I'm planning on buying a Sony C800G Mic and I'm looking for visual cues to roughly estimate the age of a used one. I've read...

Robert13
replies: 2 views: 370
aremos 3 days ago

Hello all! has anybody worked on both? Twotwo is supposed to be relatively new design with dsp and class D amps, but Aml2...

Gena
replies: 12 views: 674
Gena 3 days ago

Does anyone have any feedback about these things? A pair isn't very cheap and there is very little user feedback online about...

Empire Prod
replies: 10 views: 1,754
fuzzfriendly 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
A.M.G 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search