The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 67,013
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I sold my DAV BG1 and ISA one and am looking to upgrade...I want to record an acoustic guitar album and sing at the same...

Sleazy_Rider
replies: 0 views: 1
Sleazy_Rider 8 minutes ago

Hi Slutz, long time lurker, rare poster here. I'm a film composer who is looking for some fun gear to start working in a more...

jjb0737
replies: 12 views: 576
jjb0737 8 minutes ago

Hello, I am new to the Mic World ... I am all ITB Producer and lately I have been wanting to record some Live Acoustic Guitar...

DJ Bechara
replies: 2 views: 201
chessparov2.0 33 minutes ago

Hey, this may not be the right place to post this, but it is relating to high end conversion so I'll give it a go. I was...

South Brokelyn
replies: 3 views: 176
IanBSC 46 minutes ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,068 views: 99,618
Sequenza 55 minutes ago

Along the lines of... !) Brauner Phanthera 2)Bock's FAT switch ala U195/iFET 3)Neumann TLM ala 67/49 (putting on flame...

chessparov2.0
replies: 15 views: 638
jwh1192 2 hours ago

If you had to pick just one.

jahomuth
replies: 65 views: 5,515
mattcollen 3 hours ago

I am looking to buy a channel.. either Neve or API.. please no other suggestions. The units are quite similar in terms of their...

SashaGray
replies: 9 views: 726
midmost 3 hours ago
replies: - views: -
Jacquard 4 hours ago

Hello, Long time lurker - finally joined... I'm a fan of Alan Fierstein's work - introduced through my hobby of old nightclub...

discosound
replies: 0 views: 103
discosound 5 hours ago

Happy new year, Slutz. Can anyone offer insight or thoughts on a fader option to put after an AML ez1073? Appreciating that...

b0b0
replies: 43 views: 4,367
heavengroove 5 hours ago

Hi Guys! I found lot of post about Neumann kh 310 vs PSI a21 but PSI a21 are 2,490 eu for one speaker on Thomann and Neumann 310...

Mahdes
replies: 47 views: 2,338
mysputnik07 5 hours ago

I put my new Pearlman through the rounds this weekend. I can say I have never experienced a sound like that. I know it is apples...

tubesandteles
replies: 332 views: 72,287
Markmanch 7 hours ago

I have an API 5500 in my studio. And whilst I do love what it does I’m thinking of swapping it out for a few of the CAPI BT50s,...

woodfoot
replies: 14 views: 1,201
Drywsef 7 hours ago

Just looking through the fantastic drum mic pictures thread. I notice that many many people use spaced pairs for overheads -...

FirstLoveStudio
replies: 46 views: 12,857
over-man 7 hours ago

I would like to upgrade my studio with a decent Monitor controller. Did someone compare these 2 Avocet / Dangerous Monitor ST+...

priko
replies: 53 views: 12,147
JGM 8 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,376 views: 190,317
SonicAxiom 8 hours ago

Good Day All, I wanted to share my experience with everyone here on the forum. I had a recent install of the New Daking MKII...

Skip Burrows
replies: 13 views: 1,454
roscoenyc 8 hours ago

any new feedback from the HEDD type 20 speakers. anyone have them? how is the translation verses say something more clinical...

acupunk
replies: 14 views: 1,578
M Albazy 9 hours ago

Hi, I have to make decision soon about buying a 500 series mic pre. I have narrowed down to Chandler TG2 500 and AMS Neve...

username300
replies: 49 views: 17,243
b0b0 9 hours ago

In the next weeks I’d like to buy this interesting tube saturation box. Any users who like to share some experience? How much...

___GLM___
replies: 6 views: 414
StevenLMorgan 9 hours ago

So, way back when, at the dawn of the modern recording age when I knew less than I know now, which is not all that much, I lucked...

gtrpaul
replies: 36 views: 2,289
roscoenyc 9 hours ago

I reached the stage when I want to start working with a new main monitoring in my studio - that is 7x5 m, acoustically quite...

ISedlacek
replies: 311 views: 80,592
Jantex 11 hours ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,653 views: 118,248
aremos 12 hours ago

SSL 4000E? Trident 80B or Trimix? Dangerous 2 Buss. Purely strength of 2 buss summing, head room and sound (that part of...

Dirty Halo
replies: 38 views: 6,727
Jim Williams 13 hours ago

anyone have or used the drawmer dl241. what was it good for. does it sound similar to the 1968 or 1969 except its not tube? is...

ine-kpro...
replies: 15 views: 8,777
Jim Williams 13 hours ago

Hello all. Currently running a Black Lion Xp digi002. I just scored a dangerous d-box. I can sum out of the 002 or I can also...

Oxtart
replies: 0 views: 140
Oxtart 13 hours ago

Hi everyone, Curious to hear opinions/comparisons of the sound of these two units from those who have or have used both. There...

jakeru19
replies: 0 views: 173
jakeru19 14 hours ago

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 744 views: 46,302
chrisj 17 hours ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 833 views: 141,951
Black Ninja 17 hours ago

Hi Everyone I have a Allen & Heath GS3000 24 channel console that i would like to upgrade. I searched through the forums...

PrichA
replies: 3 views: 374
PrichA 21 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,917 views: 983,668
GeorgiL 21 hours ago

I just picked up a Calrec S2 sidecar with 12 PQ4068 modules. I've been unable to find anything outside of a listing of this...

boboroshi
replies: 1 views: 461
hywyn 23 hours ago

I am an average modern music professional user. I play in a band, and I discover the the latest and greatest pop music about 6...

Philip Parker
replies: 3 views: 317
Philip Parker 23 hours ago

I am stuck on a routing situation and I am really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I own a Yamaha DM2000...

mamero
replies: 19 views: 708
msbettyhunt 1 day ago

I'm Picking up a fat bustard in the next few weeks and read that someone had them add a second pair of outs to mirror the main...

dhiltonlittle
replies: 4 views: 1,129
midmost 1 day ago

I recently purchased a Shure SM7B mic. It is great for my untreated room and I like the sound of it. I got out the mic tried...

intu1tion
replies: 2 views: 322
LFlood 1 day ago
psycho_monkey 1 day ago

Hello guys, i've recently acquired a Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, used one, only one previous owner (a guy i can trust)....

Jpastor
replies: 14 views: 1,064
Jorge Nandez 1 day ago
brew 1 day ago

Hello everybody, I need a Tube-microphone for my locker. To find the one that suits my needs best I want to rent/borrow...

Dezibelzebub
replies: 44 views: 1,773
NathanBarley 1 day ago

Have you guys seen this new summing mixer/routing mixer? Looks cool, check it out; http://www.apiaudio.com/thebox.html

ppanton321
replies: 540 views: 83,267
stents 1 day ago

I had a question that, i understand, is highly subjective. I've been on the search for a new pair of monitors in the $2500/pr...

terraamb01
replies: 443 views: 75,164
LDStudios 1 day ago

Hi, We’re in the market for a 47 Fet style mic for kick drum, bass amp or other instrument recording. The Stam offering...

Iain Hutch
replies: 12 views: 634
tskguy 1 day ago

Hi everyone I am thinking of purchasing one(Rme fireface 400) of these can anyone comment on the quality? Thanks

2mono
replies: 0 views: 255
2mono 1 day ago

Are these too new for anyone to have tried or own these? How faithful to the original 1073 is it? Price seems good. What's the...

Odey
replies: 32 views: 11,660
jayalanthomp 1 day ago

Hi, I am looking for the best possible reverc for classical music to add to recordings made in rooms, that are too dry. Most oft...

SGW1
replies: 67 views: 4,432
Solidtrax 1 day ago

Hi Just wanted to hear from Trinnov Users how you like working with the unit?? Do you have any negatives? Worth the hi price...

eclipse
replies: 90 views: 9,097
b0se 1 day ago

Looking to do some mixdowns on a well maintained classic machine Anyone know of a Stephens 16 or 24 track living in the NYC...

J Gabriel
replies: 29 views: 746
J Gabriel 1 day ago

The guy I've been using as my broker for the last 15 years is MIA these days. Please post or DM me any rec's you have if you...

edham
replies: 2 views: 319
din 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search