The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 62,609
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

It's funny after spending a year in the Box my desire to have a full console rig has dissipated. Anyone else still thinking about...

Saxplayerz
replies: 152 views: 5,992
127Riot 19 minutes ago

Every time I do a mix, on the bus I'm either using 10ms attack or 30ms on my serpent audio Sb4001 SSL style compressor. Usually...

Moondog007
replies: 4 views: 233
toledo3 42 minutes ago

Anyone already listened to this? this sounds sooooooo huge!!! YouTube

tape_attack!!!
replies: 1 views: 145
mart 1 hour ago

Hi all, anyone have any experience with the Stam SA-47 microphone? I’ve used some other modern 47 builds including the Flea...

garyboy2024
replies: 3 views: 738
roughgear 1 hour ago

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda.. I am familiar with the sound of ATC speakers and love them to bits. I am however considering if I'd...

midmost
replies: 25 views: 2,605
valeot 1 hour ago

Hi there, I don't want to start another SSL vs. 2500 thread here, speaking soundwise. There is dozens of them around and I've...

SashaGray
replies: 0 views: 32
SashaGray 1 hour ago

Hello! I am currently looking to add to my mic collection and have always wanted a pair of Coles 4038's. HOWEVER, I'm slightly...

max1805
replies: 39 views: 1,146
Swing 1 hour ago

So I've been recording for about 4 years now, and it's all been personal projects. As I'm only 15, I've spent the last few years...

No6h
replies: 1 views: 309
David Rick 1 hour ago

I started this year with new Bomber B2 ADC. Very impressed!

Mr. Bars
replies: 168 views: 12,044
DougS 2 hours ago

Or are they ... ??? I'd think these kind of super high quality recorders would most certainly raise the interest of...

Parametex
replies: 56 views: 24,032
12ax7 2 hours ago

I was at a session a few days ago. Guy whips out a shotgun Sennheiser 416 for vocals. Not a podcast, not a doc overlay....

Krush411
replies: 10 views: 439
BrentA 3 hours ago

Dumb question (or maybe not dumb but perhaps ridiculous), but the curiosity is killing me. What would happen to the sound of an...

Noba772
replies: 13 views: 614
Noba772 7 hours ago

Im a user of the Sigma summing mixer with 3 full EQ/Dynamic racks of XLogic and a Nucleus controller. Now that SSL are about...

Rea
replies: 45 views: 4,120
RecMyWorld 8 hours ago

Is there a qualitative difference in AES signal coming from different interfaces? Yeah, that’s a strategic and simple question...

HoveringBit
replies: 0 views: 46
HoveringBit 8 hours ago

I know this question has been raised before (or at least one of these questions have been), but that discussion was from 2011. So...

Noba772
replies: 5 views: 306
syra 8 hours ago

Every time I put my E22 on a snare (sometimes almost a foot away) and the drummer is playing rim shots, I get a clipped on one...

Grasshopper
replies: 6 views: 3,275
cheu78 9 hours ago

Any advice on which studio monitors should I buy... I´m going to use for electronic music in a 10 square metre room with not a...

pia909
replies: 7 views: 613
pia909 10 hours ago

Hi guys, I am new here and I seek for your advice. I want to upgrade my "music PC". ATM I have cheap roland duo ex...

user6231
replies: 14 views: 1,138
HoveringBit 11 hours ago

I'm looking to purchase a high quality tube mic for vocals and general use with instruments and mono drum overhead's etc. I'm...

Zanderwestcoast
replies: 9 views: 465
Zanderwestcoast 12 hours ago

Looking to buy two of these for stereo EQ, but am confused about the price. It seems these were ~$2,000.00 each retail back in...

All_Night
replies: 8 views: 411
RedBaaron 12 hours ago

I'm surprised no one has had an in-depth discussion of the Sunset Sound custom-made console(s) on here (or maybe I'm just a...

Noba772
replies: 6 views: 571
_Bender_ 12 hours ago

I'm in the market for another console and some of the models that interest me do not have automation. I need automation (at...

burns46824
replies: 11 views: 688
_Bender_ 12 hours ago

Hello everybody, Time for my first post here. I run my own little mixing studio. No recording, no mastering, only mixing. I...

Rob Gordon
replies: 319 views: 14,113
Rob Gordon 12 hours ago

What about a sweeping upgrade program for all of us "The BOX" owners to a high end kick ass vintage style opmamp for...

Rea
replies: 7 views: 768
mattjhuber 12 hours ago

Hello all, I hope I'm posting this question in the right forum. I've grown weary of buying classic gear on eBay or Reverb, due...

Algebra Suicide
replies: 7 views: 755
Algebra Suicide 18 hours ago

Anyone using these? I would love to hear some first hand user experience.

Philip Parker
replies: 20 views: 1,380
jndittmar 20 hours ago

Hello All.... I'm having trouble with the AES / Digital input selection on the new Drawmer MC3.1. I'm using an Aurora 16...

N172427
replies: 2 views: 338
N172427 23 hours ago

Hey guys! Im looking to expand my analog outs . At the moment i route my 8 outs to the dangerous music 2 bus plus then into the...

fredweb
replies: 2 views: 380
hasbeen 1 day ago

I just got a preview of something I'm very excited about. A new BeesNeez Tribute series mic based on the Neumann M49 (T4) and...

anguswoodhead
replies: 37 views: 4,882
jerkrecords 1 day ago

Hi, It would be great if we could start a database for every commercially released song or album that we know for sure was...

chops909
replies: 13 views: 3,285
studer58 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
KiuMars_TR 1 day ago
geocities 1 day ago

Has anybody used one of these filters? I know Pultec is renowned for their EQ, but what about this piece of equipment?

soupking
replies: 7 views: 8,534
vernier 1 day ago
lukehatpadl 1 day ago

Hey all. I've already read plenty about the differences between the D and DX, but is there much of a difference in sound...

Kroc
replies: 4 views: 400
toledo3 1 day ago

Got a U87AI not too long ago, and I have found that it is very sensitive to vibration, even with the $300 plus shockmount...

JL1000
replies: 12 views: 764
hello people 1 day ago
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 day ago

I just ordered an Upton 251 Mic, I'm looking for a good 500 all around mic pre for vocals. . . . Has anyone tried this mic?...

hubercraft
replies: 56 views: 4,870
astralpen 2 days ago

Between now and Autumn I will obtain a number of micpres for use in jazz sessions and so I'd appreciate knowledgeable advice as...

Swing
replies: 68 views: 2,206
ardis 2 days ago

I have been using the Forsell MADA (original) for AD and DA for mixing out of the box. The DA is fabulous. I am wondering if I...

AB3
replies: 28 views: 1,770
Resis 2 days ago

Hello all... I'm a casual listener, although very much into great sound. You'll find in my living room Genelec 8431 x 2 +...

HoveringBit
replies: 10 views: 526
Resis 2 days ago

Hi folks, I pitch and capture in Protools through my analog rig. My current workflow is this: Digital processing (Spatial...

HMastering
replies: 2 views: 457
HMastering 2 days ago

Just wondering how people would compare these two compressors soundwise? I know the distressor is about versatility and sound...

toasteh
replies: 10 views: 3,097
ltjohnrambo 2 days ago
gradivus 2 days ago

Been looking for a monitor controller for some time and after checking out several others, the Slate Control "looks"...

Indian Hills
replies: 2 views: 544
Indian Hills 2 days ago

Looking for leads on VF-14 M, if possible NOS (if they exist), would be great. Thanks

waxwhizz
replies: 14 views: 1,248
Matti 2 days ago

I had a question that, i understand, is highly subjective. I've been on the search for a new pair of monitors in the $2500/pr...

terraamb01
replies: 351 views: 58,957
TS-12 2 days ago

It’s been like this for months! And that’s across the user agent spectrum (chrome, iPhone, Firefox, safari... they’re all...

geocities
replies: 1 views: 339
Emanuel23 2 days ago

Trying to locate a Telefunken VF14m tube from a reputable seller. Please PM me if you have any info on one. Thanks! Scammers...

ghostwriter
replies: 52 views: 4,671
ghostwriter 2 days ago

Hey guys We are starting the new Skid Row album project tomorrow at WireWorld. Just got back from pre-production in Atlanta...

mwagener
replies: 371 views: 64,074
Baddo 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search