The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 62,032
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hey Slutz, Ive finally got round to putting together a mastering chain as mastering has quickly become the main focus of my...

LostTribes
replies: 37 views: 2,585
Bushman 1 minute ago

As some of you are aware I’ve been working on this project for the last couple years. Last year I nailed the 3 track machine I...

Silvertone
replies: 14 views: 137
elegentdrum 1 minute ago

If so, how are you liking it on vocals? How would you describe its tone?

Krush411
replies: 0 views: 25
Krush411 49 minutes ago

Think these monitors deserve a hell of a lot more mentions in the countless monitor discussions. Took the plunge today, thanks...

orangefridge
replies: 1 views: 78
rasher 1 hour ago

It's funny after spending a year in the Box my desire to have a full console rig has dissipated. Anyone else still thinking about...

Saxplayerz
replies: 1 views: 144
drBill 1 hour ago

Hey fellow slutz, im a producer who makes pop/hip-hop. I produce on PT12 on a Mac 3.4GHz i7 with 16GB of ram. I have an...

Wool Over Eyes
replies: 8 views: 223
orangefridge 2 hours ago

Anyone have any experience/comments on the Blue Mouse as a vocal mic? Love it as a front-of-kick and bass cab mic but have yet to...

honeypiestudios
replies: 9 views: 4,851
Krush411 3 hours ago

Burbank Audio Systems - Home Custom Series 75 | powered by Neve

mikeyman
replies: 0 views: 91
mikeyman 3 hours ago

As the subject goes, where to place the mac mouse and keyboard for a comfortable, ergonomic and practical setup based around the...

gainreduction
replies: 10 views: 2,875
kdramsey 3 hours ago

Hi all, Not to make another boring opinionated monitor argument but: I purchased Amphion one15's last year listening to all of...

orangefridge
replies: 21 views: 1,199
orangefridge 4 hours ago

I have money and room for about one more addition to my setup and pondering the impact of a better Pultec (Pulse EQP-1A3) vs...

eugtone
replies: 2 views: 327
iangomes 4 hours ago

Hello everyone, i've bought a Studer 903 console 5 month ago for my new studio. it is a broadcast console which was custom made...

Jpastor
replies: 13 views: 783
Jpastor 4 hours ago

Good morning, I have acquired two older racked (year 2002) Brent Averill 1073’s. I have been experimenting with the pre and...

dreckdirect
replies: 21 views: 716
cheu78 4 hours ago

Hi folks! as written in the subject one channel of my loved drawmer compressor today shows an output lower about 16/18 dB than...

Audioworks
replies: 1 views: 168
toledo3 4 hours ago

Hello Neumann / Sennheiser Neumann, Sennheiser or anyone else can you please post detailed videos,Photographs anything which we...

terrysound
replies: 727 views: 41,802
Swing 5 hours ago

I'm in the market for a color / processing unit that really transforms the sound. Something that is not subtle at all where even...

tobyemerson
replies: 116 views: 13,451
NathanEldred 6 hours ago

lets see some inspiring home studio's. I want to see how the hi-end boys roll!

DR Music
replies: 1,585 views: 464,791
heraldo_jones 7 hours ago

I have a pair of SCM25A's with a Dynaudio BM14S sub (driven by a Crane Song Avocet IIA with the Quantum D/A). Sub is off most of...

audiotechnica
replies: 28 views: 875
audiotechnica 7 hours ago

Hey guys, I've been thinking about upgrading or rather sidegrading from the Spectre S8's I have atm which I got slightly before...

Nicked_Wicked
replies: 7 views: 674
oudplayer 7 hours ago

This is a question for MW and i am suprised its never been asked before. Could you talk us through how you mixed some of the...

rhythmmaster
replies: 51 views: 15,610
Gringo Starr 8 hours ago

Does having a matched pair matter? I am referring to microphones manufactured and purchased today. Ie under current qc methods....

Sproto
replies: 2 views: 359
javamad 10 hours ago

Hi, I am giving some thoughts about Amek stuff; only good words going on about them. I won't be able to compare these pres...

heysimo
replies: 20 views: 1,542
Musiclab 11 hours ago

Hi all, I'm about buying some expensive stuff and would like what you think about those two. What are the differences if any...

Mgr
replies: 34 views: 18,959
JAT 11 hours ago

I recently purchased a pair of Audio Technica AT4047 FET mics. I already own a couple of AT4041' and they do a nice job and I had...

Aisle 6
replies: 41 views: 8,675
payoyo 15 hours ago

Which series of SSl modules do you like better, the Black or the Silver? Do you find certain type of music sounds better with one...

Jason rocks
replies: 5 views: 391
Glenn Bucci 16 hours ago

Hi! I have an Audient iD14 and a Schoeps CMIT5U microphone. I use this primarily to record audio when recording web-based video...

swedishstudio
replies: 1 views: 318
Didgeristu 18 hours ago

In the market for some nearfields, any user experiences with the new Focal Shape 65s? Not much out there on the web...

squelch
replies: 45 views: 15,758
blayz2002 18 hours ago

Has anyone swapped out the capsule in an original or even upgraded a U47 clone to a new Neumann/Sennheiser k47 capsule? How is...

davehall6162
replies: 9 views: 482
mart 19 hours ago

Hello, right now at VK they offer 2 pairs of Neve 1100, which looks like a 1084 with slightly different frequency...

Hecker
replies: 3 views: 416
Hecker 19 hours ago

I don't know anything about 'em, but I think I'd like to get one. jkthtyrt Anybody currently mixing with springs? How...

max cooper
replies: 38 views: 7,951
fromthepuggle 21 hours ago

Hi, so I'm currently tracking vocals through U87aii and Neve 1073 DPA through my Apogee duet and my vocals sound extremely muddy....

susus123
replies: 10 views: 637
Ski spiggy 21 hours ago

Anyone here using the CM-2 or another cool model? It's a broadcast console, but with just *ridiculous* pres. Back in the...

thejook
replies: 279 views: 80,463
Algorhythmic 23 hours ago

Hello everyone, I have a soundcraft 200b mixer and the transformer in the power supply is burned. The only info about the...

bayan
replies: 5 views: 318
-JJ- 1 day ago

First off hello and thank you for such a great site ....... i have managed to get hold of some Neve 34132 and 34120 MIC PRE...

angus007
replies: 1 views: 312
Geoff_T 1 day ago

Between now and Autumn I will obtain a number of micpres for use in jazz sessions and so I'd appreciate knowledgeable advice as...

Swing
replies: 36 views: 774
Swing 1 day ago

Hi! I'm wondering what are some of the lower priced Neve consoles that one could find on the used market? Ideally it would be at...

SDB_12
replies: 28 views: 8,504
bolty 1 day ago

Hi, I am having some weirds issues with my burl mothership 80 and if anyone could help it would be great! So I have some...

willz33
replies: 3 views: 499
Drumhead57 1 day ago

Hello everyone! Why there is so little chatter about this desk? Really, there's nothing out there. I'm currently looking...

Sonic Reducer
replies: 28 views: 3,874
Sonic Reducer 1 day ago

My limited understanding is that the C12 is rather "hit or miss" generally, on male vocals. Honestly, I probably...

chessparov2.0
replies: 24 views: 809
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

Hey folks, looking for a little advice here. I need 12 or more channels of ad/da conversion. Upgrading from the Fireface 800...

Silentstudios
replies: 3 views: 550
disco judas 1 day ago

I currently have dynaudio bm15a's with the dynaudio sub. I am soon to buy focal twins, but not the focal sub. Just wondering if...

BattleCatRoots
replies: 2 views: 573
anticipation 1 day ago

Hello, I'm searching for a new pair of studio monitors. I'm more into on Genelecs but i have also heard good reviews for the...

AXI1999
replies: 2 views: 347
AXI1999 1 day ago

Hello all, I am having a debate with myself and I'm always finding myself winning or losing them. I have a pair of KRK VXT6 as...

bbk
replies: 1 views: 463
ofriendoe 1 day ago

A month ago a producer which is a long time friend and client of mine has challenged me with mixing one of his productions...

TanTan
replies: 573 views: 25,361
psycho_monkey 1 day ago

Trying to locate a Telefunken VF14m tube from a reputable seller. Please PM me if you have any info on one. Thanks! Scammers...

ghostwriter
replies: 41 views: 3,925
gyraf 1 day ago

Has anyone had the following happen to their U67 reissue? I've had 2, one on APR 13 & another on May 22 (today), &...

aremos
replies: 5 views: 463
RoundBadge 1 day ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,682 views: 1,566,590
crille_mannen 1 day ago

Would the DDA mixing console sound a whole lot better than a Midas Venice 320?

gabler
replies: 10 views: 581
jude 1 day ago

I just ordered an Upton 251 Mic, I'm looking for a good 500 all around mic pre for vocals. . . . Has anyone tried this mic?...

hubercraft
replies: 39 views: 3,719
bgrotto 1 day ago

Helios

Helios poll: 1. What is your favorite Helios gear and from what era? 2. What are your favorite uses for it (EQ-1 if you...

concentric
replies: 230 views: 37,051
Deuce 225 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search