The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 65,306
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I am giving bass lessons to a talented teenager, and am intent to do it right: find seminal songs where the bass played a central...

Klaus
replies: 2 views: 225
Klaus 16 minutes ago

I am considering changing the tweeters on my ATC SCM50ASL to ATC's new tweeters. Does anyone have an opinion as to the difference...

Swing
replies: 169 views: 21,473
Fourlegs 24 minutes ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 677 views: 64,621
DB117 2 hours ago

I am looking a top tube mic pre that is smooth, big, not too tubey, clean, detailed,...you know all the good stuff. I have...

Bmtblader
replies: 39 views: 2,143
imaginaryday 2 hours ago

Would any of you guys avoid using a 500 series unit on the masterbus during a mix down and insist on using a full 19"...

eromain
replies: 77 views: 3,978
RoundBadge 4 hours ago

Hey All, I'm about to start mixing an LP I engineered/produced, and my studio just got a new piece of gear: the Neve Portico...

HobbyRobby
replies: 37 views: 5,888
Unheard Vision 4 hours ago

Hey slutz! I was just about to buy a nice cream pair of Soyuz SU-013 when I came across the Telefunken M60 FET. I plan to...

omegaomega
replies: 8 views: 515
6_Three 5 hours ago

My production partner and I are finishing a professional home studio build in the next month or so and have been seriously...

rnetko
replies: 33 views: 2,293
Nevemachine 6 hours ago

Anyone own both of these mics? For a while the Manley was the mic that came closest to the sound of a Sony C800g. I was...

etrella
replies: 18 views: 1,223
zohomoho 8 hours ago

I just read this very good article, basically it says sealed monitors would have better transient response on low end, and...

DB117
replies: 27 views: 928
pentagon 11 hours ago
replies: - views: -
thismercifulfate 12 hours ago

Hi all. I have an API 1608 that’s now out of warranty and I’m out of spare op amps . Got a couple issues I’m pretty sure...

Snoggin
replies: 28 views: 1,013
RE201 12 hours ago

Hi all, I'm new here so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place. I picked up this preamp/fader unit recently but am...

Tablets
replies: 4 views: 328
ruffrecords 15 hours ago

hello everyone. i just purchased an original RCA 77dx. it looks absolutely A1 condition, and the Nashville seller assures me...

BIG BUDDHA
replies: 6 views: 285
Brent Hahn 16 hours ago

Hi all, I need to get the best main monitor suited for a room size: 3.5m wide, 4m length, 2.5m height. budget 10 - 15k max My...

gotama
replies: 170 views: 9,660
svarthvitt 16 hours ago

Hey, I just bought a couple of 5yrs old Solo6 from a previous owner. Listening to them in her studio i was blown away by the...

bamsehopp
replies: 7 views: 1,171
agronova 16 hours ago

Hi everyone, My game has stepped up a bit since yesterday, a friend has recently sold me his SSL X-Desk for a real (reallly)...

Greco87
replies: 0 views: 154
Greco87 21 hours ago

Question to those of you experienced with different converters and their analog stages. Which modern 2-channel AD actually has...

Noise Commander
replies: 6 views: 379
myles 22 hours ago

Hello There, I am producing EDM and I currently use a pair of Genelec 8040. Missing some low end I would like to get a new...

synthury
replies: 3 views: 376
leitmo 1 day ago

I've been going through the process of upgrading my monitors, which were Harbeth 7ES2, and settled on the Harbeth SHL5 Plus, AND...

mbesq
replies: 34 views: 3,349
Switchcraft 1 day ago

Here's a little something I've done with the Bricasti the last years. I wanted to share it since I think it works so well. My...

gainreduction
replies: 6 views: 534
BigBlackWolf 1 day ago

I know that I need an 1176 type compressor and I have a lunchbox. But, I read about coloration of different processors and I have...

rogernumber2
replies: 48 views: 16,923
cheu78 1 day ago

I´m starting a project which I want to share with all the "vintage-gearslutz" out there. The restauration of this...

Ostrong Audio
replies: 145 views: 30,212
Ostrong Audio 1 day ago

I suppose my natural inclination is to go for a Sound Devices 688 for a highly compact field mixer/recorder. However, I want...

RayHeath
replies: 1 views: 159
RayHeath 1 day ago

Hi, New to the forum but can’t find anything regarding this topic. Just curious to know if any one has compared the 2...

Aka_bob
replies: 2 views: 336
Aka_bob 1 day ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 251 views: 45,668
rydan 1 day ago

For the first time in decades I have sprayed the pre/lines on this Neve 33115 sitting in a Neve 5315. On opening them up I was...

xlon
replies: 39 views: 2,380
ruffrecords 1 day ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 152 views: 13,417
bigfurry 1 day ago

Hello guys, i've recently acquired a Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, used one, only one previous owner (a guy i can trust)....

Jpastor
replies: 13 views: 903
Jpastor 1 day ago

Hi all, I’m in the process of researching an upgrade for my monitor control system. Specifically a controller with integral...

HamburgerFactory
replies: 4 views: 572
octatonic 1 day ago

Hello guys, i learnt that when it is about music gear, there is not " the best", but different sound, but i think...

DoubleJo
replies: 18 views: 642
cheu78 1 day ago

Can anyone share what these preamps are like? There is very little feedback on these units and it's hard to gage how many people...

Trademarkh
replies: 22 views: 8,443
johnnyc 1 day ago

Hi guys, I have some aluminum plates to cover a few open slots on the console. They need a paint job to match the color of the...

Darius1
replies: 0 views: 202
Darius1 1 day ago

I'm really wanting to pick up some headphones and want to hear from some serious pros about the Ultrasone Pro Line. Do any of you...

linenoise
replies: 6 views: 1,438
Mivo 1 day ago
thomlin 1 day ago

Hello all! I'm in Montana so I don't have the convenience of auditioning any of these. What are your impressions of each? I...

AndromedaA6
replies: 4 views: 235
PatrickFaith 2 days ago
dbjp 2 days ago

I've got my Retro 176 a couple of days ago. So far, I love what it does to vocals. Great unit. Just two things puzzle me bit:...

Blues Bird
replies: 21 views: 3,352
themiracle 2 days ago

I'm looking for Gearslutz opinion on these fine headphones for mixing/mastering situations. Everything I hear about them would...

MmBuddha
replies: 13 views: 7,708
b0se 2 days ago

Hello all, Looking to expand my mic collection. Thinking I want a tube LDC as I've never owned one before and would like to try...

u87allen
replies: 33 views: 1,217
themiracle 2 days ago

I’m looking for a dante monitor controller - something between the focusrite AM2 and the Grace 908. (I really only do 2.1)....

miketeachesclass
replies: 24 views: 745
TMetzinger 2 days ago

Hi. Short question . How much better is the Mytek Brooklyn ( without plus) against the older Mytek 96 DAC? Thanks Regards...

scho
replies: 1 views: 244
NathanEldred 2 days ago

Have a system I use for VO and small track count in another room that uses Windows XP...its a powerful machine and everything is...

davehall6162
replies: 0 views: 193
davehall6162 2 days ago

I have the JBL LSR305s, and they sound good. I want to upgrade to the Genelec 8330A, but don't know how much better I'm looking...

Bmtblader
replies: 5 views: 346
cheu78 2 days ago

Hey guys, I want to buy a pair of ATC20 but local distributor is out of stock, so I contacted KMR and they are willing to ship...

DB117
replies: 23 views: 794
Sniff 2 days ago

Hi there, I've come across an odd opportunity and would like your advice. Someone is selling locally a D&R 4000 Series...

trippled
replies: 11 views: 650
EvilRoy 2 days ago

So I'm referring to a mic like this: -Ideal for most voices, brings out best to vocalist -Included with natural sounding hpf...

Elpsycongroo
replies: 57 views: 5,419
Paul_G 2 days ago

Has anyone had luck setting up a MIDI remote for their PCM92 or PCM96? I'm aware a lot of people just use the plugin for control,...

atavacron
replies: 0 views: 203
atavacron 3 days ago

I'm trying to decide weather to buy a Rupert Neve Designs 5088 or an API The Box. The 5088 has 8 channels which can be either...

fcm creative
replies: 103 views: 25,029
Jason rocks 3 days ago

I been wondering about that desk. It is out of my budget. Well I thought since it has the iso acustics for the monitors and the...

spektor
replies: 0 views: 224
spektor 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search