The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Views: 1,937
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 82,864
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hi All, I was told that I needed to replace the capsule in my Neumann M147 mic, so sourced out a '56-'58 Neumann K47 capsule...

jameslenger
replies: 15 views: 645
jameslenger 4 minutes ago

Looking for ideas for a vocal mic. Birthday is coming up and I have the thumbs up for a $10k budget, give or take. I have a...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 377 views: 19,212
chessparov2.0 4 minutes ago

Just saw this post on Instagram! If it's not new to some of you, it's new to me! Just figured I'd share it for those...

SupaMixKing
replies: 172 views: 9,167
Scragend 9 minutes ago

Hi guys. I am looking to upgrade my vocal chain and I need to make a decision. I'm purchasing an AML 1073 pre with eq and I am...

Leatherbomb
replies: 27 views: 1,247
wilkinswp 23 minutes ago

Here is an audio sample I recorded some vulgar language is being used beware , but anyway ...Sony c100 to Apollo using unison...

Cokey30
replies: 12 views: 2,005
jdsbleedo 34 minutes ago

Is it still a fact that most non-hobby studios are running Pro-Tools and every engineer needs to know Pro-Tools, or are some of...

drockfresh
replies: 36 views: 1,225
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

I'm real close to pulling the trigger on this mic. Are you still using/loving yours in 2020? If you have a band or vocalist I can...

CosmicSurfin
replies: 4 views: 125
terryaudio 1 hour ago

Anyone know how to save your chosen input source as the default so that I dont always have to choose it every time I turn the...

Warren Duprey
replies: 5 views: 81
jammate 2 hours ago

I have to share my personal discovery. I had for test NLP Audio (Hungarian microphone repair company) clone of ELAM 251. The...

carloff
replies: 1 views: 165
noiselab 2 hours ago

for me its Bricasti Design M7

mnawara
replies: 209 views: 13,996
hellohead 2 hours ago

Has any one used one of the older models? Any opinions on this EQ?

tedcrop
replies: 15 views: 10,685
GCL 3 hours ago

Would a LA-2A/1176 combo be preferable to a Manley Slam! for tracking (especially synthesizers)? I like the idea of the preamps...

OurDarkness
replies: 1 views: 122
Jokerkhk 3 hours ago

Hi there, I just hooked up my Avalon VT737SP to try to mix a mono Percussion loop with the unit but it does not sound good....

fender__
replies: 1 views: 112
e-are 4 hours ago

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 1,519 views: 102,181
bogosort 5 hours ago

Hey all. Marshall here (chief tech). For my own audio work, I have done a simple modification that allows me to have a...

terryaudio
replies: 0 views: 79
terryaudio 5 hours ago

Let's say you're choosing outboard in a hybrid mixing situation, with a mid-level budget, can afford a few really high end...

fromthepuggle
replies: 53 views: 3,339
audiogeek1 5 hours ago

Curious how people find these now. I've used a lot of Kush gear, which I quite like, seems similar if less surgical than Electra,...

fromthepuggle
replies: 1 views: 185
audiogeek1 6 hours ago

I did a quick shootout and would love some input on what you prefer. I used the following mics, recording through a Neve Portico...

sleshnyc
replies: 66 views: 2,466
Pindos 6 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,929 views: 1,214,548
Robb Robinson 8 hours ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,789 views: 157,881
DomiBabi 8 hours ago

I've seen these advertised as the d:facto and also the d:facto II. Is there any noticeable difference between the two?

OzMic
replies: 2 views: 114
deedeeyeah 10 hours ago

Researching the burl b2 adc, and when I do a forum search, the majority of threads are from the classifieds from people selling...

Krush411
replies: 131 views: 29,556
[email protected] 12 hours ago

Hi all! I’m currently looking to buy a SDC mic mainly for recording acoustic guitar (Martin D28), but also percussion...

Ollivolli
replies: 30 views: 2,975
Psilocybin 16 hours ago

Just a quick post... Y’all should definitely buy one of these immediately. I have STAs, LA2As... I have lots... BUT,...

bgood
replies: 20 views: 1,101
bgood 16 hours ago

So, if you had to buy one reasonably high-end mic, what would you buy? What do you suggest I buy? I have a lot of what I think...

henryrobinett
replies: 480 views: 27,717
David Rick 19 hours ago

Sorry for a silly question here. Can someone please help me understand the difference between various Neve 1073’s? I.e. for...

3bc
replies: 13 views: 1,336
TheShadowV 20 hours ago

Hi guys. Just bought a Manley Ref C second hand. When tracking vocals it has an unpleasant overload/distortion sound when the...

Leatherbomb
replies: 7 views: 487
syntheticrhyme 21 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 1,891 views: 229,457
newguy1 21 hours ago

So I have had the Ferrofish Pulse 16 for a few weeks now and I wanted to let you guys in on what I thought. For those who dont...

Morgueritual
replies: 7 views: 2,994
Morgueritual 23 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,866 views: 225,004
Sasha 1 day ago

I'm wondering if API The Box 2 users would share how the console is working for them. I'm seriously considering it for my next...

SoundWeavers
replies: 6 views: 1,341
DougD 1 day ago

Hi, I have a question. I am currently using an Apogee Mini Me preamp on an RME Fireface via spdif. A lot has changed...

Benjamin81
replies: 0 views: 100
Benjamin81 1 day ago

Hey guys! Recently I bought a used vintage u87i. (2500$). Right now my vocal chain is u87- Ams 1073 reissue - 1176. I really...

Husky Squad
replies: 6 views: 448
Husky Squad 1 day ago

Our studio just acquired a Studer A807 in GREAT condition. It's a 4-track, half-inch machine. I'd like to take my great sounding...

Conrad787
replies: 64 views: 13,795
elcct 1 day ago

I've recently been looking into API's new "Box" and wondering if it would be worth saving and grabbing one of those in...

dmyers93
replies: 66 views: 15,145
andersmv 1 day ago

What character differences are there between the two? Please don't say the Neumann sucks and the Brauner is better. I know they...

replies: 9 views: 3,694
Bitsmith 1 day ago
replies: 33 views: 14,699
Oldone 1 day ago

My gut says no, but my lust says yes. I am finally building out my little studio in an old log house we bought a few years ago. I...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 760 views: 56,377
Nick Morris 1 day ago

Hey Box Users!!! I went today to demo the unit knowing that i was probably going to buy it. (even though i don't have the...

callmelaub
replies: 55 views: 15,169
andersmv 1 day ago

Anyone know what a perfectly good working pair of these mics is worth? I find no reference online anywhere. Also have a Schoeps...

mortimersnerdy
replies: 0 views: 108
mortimersnerdy 1 day ago

I have UA versions of the LA2A and the 1176, and have been loving them; one or the other, or both in series. Two classic...

mikoo69
replies: 23 views: 1,673
Ward Pike 1 day ago

Hello Everyone, So I'm upgrading my monitoring situation at my studio. I have been using JBL LSR 305s at my home studio for...

sentimiento
replies: 5 views: 285
pencilextremist 1 day ago

Hello all, Actually, I have the Wes Audio Dione. It sounds great. It sounds wider without any compression and make up gain. It...

iamzenoir
replies: 7 views: 312
backfisch123 1 day ago

Just got a new pair of ATC SCM20ASL monitors. Absolutely love them. Running them off of an Apollo X4 and was interested in...

mikoo69
replies: 24 views: 2,273
CatFace 1 day ago

Anyone here using the CM-2 or another cool model? It's a broadcast console, but with just *ridiculous* pres. Back in the...

thejook
replies: 336 views: 96,021
Peller 1 day ago

I have the option of buying a pair of Focal twin 6s for about 1k euros. Now the catch is that one of them has a hole in the...

ChayaFFM
replies: 3 views: 563
Xnr 1 day ago

So I've been mixing on my API 1608 for a while and printing back into protools. I love the sound of the console but wanted to...

ericemery
replies: 22 views: 2,273
greezly168 1 day ago

I've just bought a Neumann U87 (a 1986 model with the battery case) which should be delivered tomorrow. I'm told it's been used...

AntManBee
replies: 14 views: 3,117
John Willett 1 day ago

I placed both mics about 15 inches in front of the guitar, a Goodall Dreadnaught. Through a millenia hv3b. There is no processing...

sleshnyc
replies: 3 views: 227
ThousandMics 1 day ago

Any tips or recommendations on great mix engineers that mix pop, but doesn't charge an arm and a leg and is not fully booked for...

erike123
replies: 3 views: 362
citrusonic 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search