The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 66,991
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hello, if I use a Mixbus compressor with an analog console (Neve, SSL), where is this typically inserted? Is this usually...

coffee boy
replies: 0 views: 1
coffee boy 5 minutes ago

When I have a client who can't come to the studio, I've been able to broadcast my mix live to the client using a software program...

Musiclab
replies: 13 views: 408
Musiclab 36 minutes ago

In the next weeks I’d like to buy this interesting tube saturation box. Any users who like to share some experience? How much...

___GLM___
replies: 1 views: 118
StevenLMorgan 50 minutes ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,061 views: 99,075
derosa 1 hour ago

So, way back when, at the dawn of the modern recording age when I knew less than I know now, which is not all that much, I lucked...

gtrpaul
replies: 31 views: 1,953
burp182 1 hour ago

any new feedback from the HEDD type 20 speakers. anyone have them? how is the translation verses say something more clinical...

acupunk
replies: 7 views: 1,377
AndreiPiatra 1 hour ago

Just looking through the fantastic drum mic pictures thread. I notice that many many people use spaced pairs for overheads -...

FirstLoveStudio
replies: 41 views: 12,621
Drumsound 1 hour ago

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 739 views: 45,712
SleepCircle 1 hour ago

I would like to upgrade my studio with a decent Monitor controller. Did someone compare these 2 Avocet / Dangerous Monitor ST+...

priko
replies: 46 views: 11,985
JGM 2 hours ago

Have you guys seen this new summing mixer/routing mixer? Looks cool, check it out; http://www.apiaudio.com/thebox.html

ppanton321
replies: 540 views: 83,043
stents 2 hours ago

I am stuck on a routing situation and I am really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I own a Yamaha DM2000...

mamero
replies: 17 views: 669
artmanjam 2 hours ago

I had a question that, i understand, is highly subjective. I've been on the search for a new pair of monitors in the $2500/pr...

terraamb01
replies: 443 views: 74,951
LDStudios 2 hours ago

Hello everybody, I need a Tube-microphone for my locker. To find the one that suits my needs best I want to rent/borrow...

Dezibelzebub
replies: 43 views: 1,603
b0se 3 hours ago

Hi, We’re in the market for a 47 Fet style mic for kick drum, bass amp or other instrument recording. The Stam offering...

Iain Hutch
replies: 12 views: 564
tskguy 3 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,916 views: 983,209
WithUsInHatred 4 hours ago

Along the lines of... !) Brauner Phanthera 2)Bock's FAT switch ala U195/iFET 3)Neumann TLM ala 67/49 (putting on flame...

chessparov2.0
replies: 4 views: 307
Doc Mixwell 4 hours ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 829 views: 141,386
ripripstabstab 5 hours ago

Hi everyone I am thinking of purchasing one(Rme fireface 400) of these can anyone comment on the quality? Thanks

2mono
replies: 0 views: 93
2mono 5 hours ago

Are these too new for anyone to have tried or own these? How faithful to the original 1073 is it? Price seems good. What's the...

Odey
replies: 32 views: 11,604
jayalanthomp 6 hours ago

anyone have or used the drawmer dl241. what was it good for. does it sound similar to the 1968 or 1969 except its not tube? is...

ine-kpro...
replies: 14 views: 8,720
DeNto 6 hours ago

Hi, I am looking for the best possible reverc for classical music to add to recordings made in rooms, that are too dry. Most oft...

SGW1
replies: 67 views: 4,268
Solidtrax 8 hours ago

I am looking to buy a channel.. either Neve or API.. please no other suggestions. The units are quite similar in terms of their...

SashaGray
replies: 7 views: 540
SashaGray 8 hours ago

Hi Just wanted to hear from Trinnov Users how you like working with the unit?? Do you have any negatives? Worth the hi price...

eclipse
replies: 90 views: 9,002
b0se 8 hours ago

Looking to do some mixdowns on a well maintained classic machine Anyone know of a Stephens 16 or 24 track living in the NYC...

J Gabriel
replies: 29 views: 718
J Gabriel 8 hours ago

I recently purchased a Shure SM7B mic. It is great for my untreated room and I like the sound of it. I got out the mic tried...

intu1tion
replies: 0 views: 115
intu1tion 9 hours ago

The guy I've been using as my broker for the last 15 years is MIA these days. Please post or DM me any rec's you have if you...

edham
replies: 2 views: 230
din 9 hours ago

Hello everybody, Please help us with some feedback. My name is Steven and I work at DPA Microphones. We have just...

DPA_Microphones
replies: 0 views: 110
DPA_Microphones 10 hours ago

Hey, I'm having an exam the next week, where I have to record drums on a SSL 4000 G+. Right now I'm revising my notes and I'm...

Rich Art
replies: 2 views: 352
deedeeyeah 14 hours ago

Has anyone tried it? Is it anything like the first model? Really good price for a microphone like that.

PaperBrosBeatz
replies: 52 views: 3,879
mark4 14 hours ago

Hi slutz, Has anyone had the opportunity to check this unit out yet? 4 springs, 2 long, 2 short. I love Spring reverb, but...

Citrus Fresh
replies: 9 views: 2,572
Ted Krotkiewski 14 hours ago

Hey all, I'm in the market for a 3-way high end nearfield monitor. I'm interested in the Barefoot MM45s but also know of the...

Ari88
replies: 31 views: 5,369
Jantex 15 hours ago

Does anybody know how to wire up a salt shaker mic to XLR? I can take the bottom off the mic by undoing the two screws but...

ashashash
replies: 0 views: 134
ashashash 15 hours ago

There's lots of threads discussing differences between the Phantom vs Phanthera, and the VM1 vs VMX, but I couldn't find any...

Metroid
replies: 0 views: 191
Metroid 20 hours ago

What inductor based eq's are out there for the 500 series? So far i know of Electrodyne 511's and RND 551's

Radic
replies: 21 views: 4,259
NathanBarley 21 hours ago

Good Day All, I wanted to share my experience with everyone here on the forum. I had a recent install of the New Daking MKII...

Skip Burrows
replies: 11 views: 1,290
RoundBadge 22 hours ago

I am looking a top tube mic pre that is smooth, big, not too tubey, clean, detailed,...you know all the good stuff. I have...

Bmtblader
replies: 84 views: 6,663
hello people 1 day ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,649 views: 117,964
themiracle 1 day ago

Hi everyone, Here is my vocal chain (I'm the only one using it, male vocals, soft baritone/tenor at times): Sony c800g w. Tele...

hellohead
replies: 6 views: 311
DougS 1 day ago

Hi Guys! I found lot of post about Neumann kh 310 vs PSI a21 but PSI a21 are 2,490 eu for one speaker on Thomann and Neumann 310...

Mahdes
replies: 46 views: 2,277
sergioelectro 1 day ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 844 views: 175,590
AudioKemestry 1 day ago

I need some help selecting an universal Dual Mono Compressor that also should have Stereo- bus compressor possibilities (Stereo...

ensoniq
replies: 13 views: 567
robobob 1 day ago

(Cross posted) The attached is the only picture I can find online of a DPA preamp module circuit board, and it's the 4061...

szegedin
replies: 7 views: 346
szegedin 1 day ago

Trying to decide if I should buy Liquidsonics Illusion or Seventh Heaven Pro. They both sound amazing but which is better? I know...

bassbinoctuplets
replies: 15 views: 688
temnov 1 day ago

Hi Slutz, long time lurker, rare poster here. I'm a film composer who is looking for some fun gear to start working in a more...

jjb0737
replies: 10 views: 550
drBill 1 day ago

reading The great British recording studios / Howard Massey. It says the Maison Rouge mobile was commissioned in '75, sold in...

metropical
replies: 3 views: 337
metropical 1 day ago

anyone hav A B ed the two mics? :)

musicmixer04
replies: 1 views: 354
Eirik 1 day ago

Bricasti

Bricasti on the uad Octo platform. Can't be cracked. Could charge 2k for a copy. Probably sell like hot cakes to a whole lot...

laddie.music2
replies: 247 views: 35,109
casiotone 1 day ago

Yeah, I know it's an open ended question and all but let's try it. Favorite settings API 550a for <pick your fav style>. ...

DanRock101
replies: 21 views: 8,445
doom64 1 day ago

For those of you that know me I have always tried to buy and sell gear that is specific to a sound for the studio.. I have paid...

tweedrecording
replies: 0 views: 340
tweedrecording 1 day ago

Currently using a Iz radar and a Api 3208,would use the 2 track mastering deck for mixes.

johnnyz
replies: 3 views: 385
BIG BUDDHA 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search