The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 77,139
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,592 views: 182,994
puriteaudio 16 minutes ago

I always loved the sonics of those two albuns. Checking in "AllMusic" they credit Dave Bascombe as engineer, mixing,...

Aumumano
replies: 66 views: 6,113
BB Bill 18 minutes ago

Hi guys, I'm considering upgrading my desk this year and I would like to make it a worth while investment. I've been using...

cuba1956
replies: 92 views: 4,007
Gearrhea 19 minutes ago

Well, it's been a long time since I last posted here (very busy working, fortunately)! I'm in need of some advice from those who...

Proggm
replies: 18 views: 662
Proggm 21 minutes ago

Hi Guys Yep first post. Been lurking through the site for years though. Great resource! So i know variations of this thread...

wherearewe
replies: 29 views: 4,936
deedeeyeah 49 minutes ago

Hello Folks. So I now have a very cool Ampex 440-b 1/4 inch 2 track. But I'm realizing that after going through the manual and...

fromthepuggle
replies: 1 views: 423
Jeff A. Roberts 53 minutes ago

I recently purchased this mysterious vintage Aengus mixing console looking for that vintage console sound. Ebay Link: Aengus API...

veggieryan
replies: 13 views: 2,630
5589danno 1 hour ago

Running a small 2 channel tracking rig for a project. Main uses are Vocals, Acoustic and Electric Guitars, DI Bass. Mics are...

mikoo69
replies: 71 views: 4,197
pcbiz 2 hours ago

I say stereo pultec. Inter-stage transformer. Switchable bell/shelf. 70hz and 1.5k added. Would be a masterbus hit I reckon. ...

christube
replies: 6 views: 492
pcbiz 2 hours ago

I am looking to forego acoustically treating my small bedroom studio as, even if I did so, it is not soundproof and my upstairs...

EpicEsquire
replies: 15 views: 365
EpicEsquire 2 hours ago

Hi, Is it possible to mount a single 500-unit into one rack space? I don't want a whole 500 rack with just one unit, so maybe...

daanh
replies: 7 views: 446
DogCake 5 hours ago

Just wondering I have the 1974 eq. Love it works great for the bus and some light mastering. If to get another peice what would...

spektor
replies: 5 views: 630
spektor 6 hours ago

I had opened a while a successful thread called Amphion... Beautiful. I'm a fan of their speakers as a mixing/mastering tool. I...

priko
replies: 98 views: 15,724
Karloff70 7 hours ago

I am placing several threads for various answers but I noticed this is a critical question and may help me narrow down my...

CJ1973
replies: 590 views: 159,112
chessparov2.0 10 hours ago

hey im still on the search for an affordable small format console. a calrec sale felt through - now im offered a desk by...

salomonander
replies: 84 views: 17,784
vesalaasanen 10 hours ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,036 views: 217,947
vsthalion 13 hours ago

Hi, I need your expert advice. Want to get a Hedd 192, but want to confirm proper clocking strategy with my setup before...

proxy
replies: 0 views: 321
proxy 15 hours ago

Has anyone been able to compare the newer API 3124V to the 3124+ pres? I realize the V has two gain structures and the...

Voice and Sax
replies: 9 views: 458
Voice and Sax 17 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 1,338 views: 153,585
robshrock 20 hours ago

I've got this mic I've been searching for years, Neumann KM 56c, and already it's delivering for it's purpose in my studio,...

markchatwin
replies: 10 views: 412
12ax7 21 hours ago
replies: - views: -
dawsonaudio 21 hours ago

I have had a Royer 121 for a minute but just got to using it on some really thick fuzzy guitars, which I was under the impression...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 24 views: 1,964
thehightenor 23 hours ago

Hello, I recently got an AEAR84A(active) Ribbon Microphone & am using the SILVER BULLET as a preamp. It is a very nice...

tobyemerson
replies: 0 views: 426
tobyemerson 23 hours ago

Zener Limiter, or one of the other 2254/diode based comps (ie: pair of AML 54f50, TG-1, etc)? What about pair of Germanium Comps...

fromthepuggle
replies: 178 views: 10,309
candyflip 1 day ago

Years ago, renowned vintage microphone tech/mic expert Klaus Heyne coined the term the "Big 5 Mics." The term was...

SharpKillerCable
replies: 67 views: 7,367
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,266 views: 1,716,128
Ox Han 1 day ago

I've got an old pair of UREI 829 Time Aligned monitors, removed from a studio. Are these worth anything to anyone, like the...

markgtr813
replies: 8 views: 5,258
aremos 1 day ago

Just curious, is there a name for the aural oddity I hear in mixes where the bass guitar appears to be floating over the drums? ...

velvetgeorge
replies: 32 views: 2,385
jdoran 1 day ago

Ok, what's the WORST piece of gear that you have? Mine would be this POS yamaha guitar I bought with a Kustum POS amp for...

cashewcupcake
replies: 462 views: 92,796
phantomcenter 1 day ago

Looking for ideas for a vocal mic. Birthday is coming up and I have the thumbs up for a $10k budget, give or take. I have a...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 348 views: 14,721
TheHolyMountain 1 day ago

Howdy folks! Exciting times here, I'm thinking hard about upgrading my LDC scene at the home/mobile studio and I wanted to ask...

Birdlives1955
replies: 77 views: 3,369
satissounds 1 day ago

Hey guys, I've been thinking about upgrading or rather sidegrading from the Spectre S8's I have atm which I got slightly before...

Nicked_Wicked
replies: 78 views: 24,197
arpegius 1 day ago

Focal Trio 6be have an automatic standby that kicks in after 15 minutes of no audio coming in. I have already enquired Focal...

jacko
replies: 29 views: 7,328
clusterchord 1 day ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 2,139 views: 282,165
b0se 1 day ago

Hello, I am looking for a new hardware compressor with not subtle effect: I am in search of weight, density, fatness. I...

sergioelectro
replies: 25 views: 1,129
mrfantastic 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Tata Vlad 1 day ago

Anybody try those IGS redstripe 500 series preamps on kick/snare? I was looking at crane song tube pres and frankly they’re...

Dlane
replies: 0 views: 484
Dlane 1 day ago

Hi love to hear from people using these monitors. The few posts I have read seem to be very positive but not that much talk...

eclipse
replies: 9 views: 609
eclipse 1 day ago

How are these units how about compared to the higher end of Neve. Thanks Jason

Jason Poulin
replies: 10 views: 6,994
eleclove 1 day ago

I was looking for a portable/half-rack preamp with instrument inputs. The only one I found was the PreSonus BlueTube DP V2 but...

johannburkard
replies: 11 views: 963
Chuck_S 2 days ago

Such interesting gear, was really interested in that compressor. are they looking for a new manufacturing partner?

Gearrhea
replies: 0 views: 524
Gearrhea 2 days ago

any new feedback from the HEDD type 20 speakers. anyone have them? how is the translation verses say something more clinical...

acupunk
replies: 80 views: 8,716
pureata 2 days ago

Hi all I don’t see any chats about these two together, which surprises me. Looking for some comments on the sound of these...

augustin187
replies: 3 views: 743
augustin187 2 days ago

So I've been LOVING my new R44 on a tonne of vocals but was recording a very intimate vocal and piano session today only to find...

PaulMac
replies: 24 views: 1,211
spectacular g 2 days ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 298 views: 37,402
Tony Kamel 2 days ago

Current release models as at February 2020. Flagship models only* This list is just for recreation and entertainment value and to...

Cameron Hamill
replies: 14 views: 1,208
Cameron Hamill 2 days ago

I swear no one talks about these. Now, I have my reservations, but if I owned one of these, you bet your butt I'd be posting...

sam guaiana
replies: 18 views: 3,278
NathanBarley 2 days ago

Greetings to all. I'm a new member and self proclaimed old hand. After many years I finally felt compelled to join this...

kurtackerman
replies: 31 views: 4,358
eb0248 2 days ago

They should actually sound better cause they are 24/96. However there is currently no streaming service that sounds as good as an...

syra
replies: 6 views: 1,093
lunastus 2 days ago

Hey All, I'm about to start mixing an LP I engineered/produced, and my studio just got a new piece of gear: the Neve Portico...

HobbyRobby
replies: 67 views: 15,047
anatomix 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search