The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 67,589
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

There are many threads discussing the relative value of hardware vs software compressors. Perhaps title should read: "Why...

mrand
replies: 701 views: 16,844
crosscutred 8 minutes ago

This record truly represented the peak and the end of an era in rock record production. Real performances, real instruments, real...

UGP
replies: 19 views: 1,008
psycho_monkey 51 minutes ago

any new feedback from the HEDD type 20 speakers. anyone have them? how is the translation verses say something more clinical...

acupunk
replies: 43 views: 2,985
sergioelectro 1 hour ago

Hey guys. My studio is currently being designed and soon majorly upgraded, which will hopefully allow me to mix with more...

PaulMac
replies: 102 views: 4,136
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 hour ago

Hi folks, I'm got a large space adjacent to my studio that i can use as an echochamber. So i'm wondering what kind of mics...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 10 views: 402
MIKEHARRIS 1 hour ago

So I bought one WA47... it had a horrible low rumbling noise that made it a non-starter. Sent it back. Then a friend of mine got...

hookbox
replies: 6 views: 401
crille_mannen 1 hour ago

You've all seen it. A well-meaning gearslut posts a thread asking for others' opinions about some sexy piece of gear he's after...

Iron Octopus
replies: 1 views: 96
drBill 3 hours ago

I am a fan of the Apogee Mini Me. With my mics, subject....it’s the best combined solution. However, 2 tracks is a problem. ...

HelenaBzg
replies: 5 views: 329
psycho_monkey 5 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,967 views: 995,849
hornyhornyhorny 5 hours ago

For those of you that are in the know, between the D-sub and EDAC 3pin, what makes you choose one over the other?

6_Three
replies: 8 views: 542
elegentdrum 6 hours ago

Hi and Happy New Year to all! I am a little surprised about the lack of discussions regarding Hedd Audio studio monitors while...

mantovibe
replies: 30 views: 2,243
Noctambulant 7 hours ago

my question is: would it really matter that much if i use a different brand of sub speaker, let's say Genelec for...

parkie
replies: 6 views: 382
audiofanatic 8 hours ago

Hey everyone, looking for a bit of advice or maybe some potential resources on good practices with using a hardware HF compressor...

Seamoss
replies: 20 views: 1,170
Paul_G 8 hours ago

Salutations Slutz, I've been recording on eleven years now and have reached the determination that it's time to go big or go...

Master Moss
replies: 599 views: 32,180
Zoot 8 hours ago

I am looking a top tube mic pre that is smooth, big, not too tubey, clean, detailed,...you know all the good stuff. I have...

Bmtblader
replies: 132 views: 10,491
mattcollen 9 hours ago

the best hardware tape emulation today? i want that tape thing happening in the analog domain before the ad convertion....

Arseny
replies: 523 views: 60,571
drBill 11 hours ago

Think these monitors deserve a hell of a lot more mentions in the countless monitor discussions. Took the plunge today, thanks...

orangefridge
replies: 11 views: 1,603
Man_O_Music 11 hours ago

I LOVE the way the UAD ATR plug sounds, but not the latency it introduces to my workflow when on the mix bus. So I want a...

proxy
replies: 32 views: 1,417
proxy 12 hours ago

Hello Gearslutz, My father recently passed away and I have inherited two RCA 44 mics. I’m planning to transport them back...

boomwhack
replies: 4 views: 221
andersmv 14 hours ago

0 dbfs = +20 dbu in Pro Tools . I can't change it . I have converter with +24 dbu . In Pro Tools I can +3.9 db over than 0...

toofanstudio
replies: 2 views: 200
Prodba 15 hours ago

Hi, I'm interested in knowing a little more about Raindirk Symphony LN3. I've been scanning the web and gearslutz but...

Dan O
replies: 2 views: 362
burp182 16 hours ago

Hello. Does anybody have any experience with Harrison Mr4? I've been offered one, a 48 ch in decent condition with lots of...

giraf
replies: 33 views: 11,495
Wiggy Neve Slut 17 hours ago

Hi Folks! I'd like to know about your experience with this console. I'm looking to buy a new desk and there are several...

Sput
replies: 36 views: 14,333
Saxplayerz 18 hours ago

I recently picked up a Grommes G5M because I have read a few things online, but nothing detailed, and wanted to know what this...

knave101
replies: 11 views: 2,153
mrand 18 hours ago

A similar question was asked back in 2011 but I figure that the SCL-1 has had more time in studios now. I'm currently doing...

Jeremiah Sheets
replies: 11 views: 1,261
allan 18 hours ago

Is anyone familiar with these controls (or jumpers) on an RCA 44 mic? I’m guessing “M” is music and “V” is voice (and...

boomwhack
replies: 6 views: 211
12ax7 18 hours ago

You rarely hear of any studios built in a geodesic dome framework. Reasons? They are incredibly cheap, and consistently...

Heterodox
replies: 71 views: 10,053
Jim Williams 18 hours ago

Hi, I'm considering buying a 2 channels mic pres. I could use on different styles - modern/vintage - I want to use it with a...

Mos.
replies: 0 views: 109
Mos. 19 hours ago

I found some used Atc SCM 10.2 speakers for sale. Produced 2002, lightly used. I will use theses with quested 3110, so bass...

beef
replies: 4 views: 308
beef 22 hours ago

Hello all! I'm in Montana so I don't have the convenience of auditioning any of these. What are your impressions of each? I...

AndromedaA6
replies: 5 views: 757
Man_O_Music 1 day ago

Spent what feels like days researching different preamps and I’m down to the following; 1. Shelford Channel 2. Portico II 3....

itwillendintears
replies: 4 views: 335
cheu78 1 day ago

Hello Gearslutz, My father recently passed away and he left behind a ton of Cascade mics. My brother and I have already...

boomwhack
replies: 0 views: 112
boomwhack 1 day ago

Hi Quick question I want my stereo bus to go through tube circuitry and to color the sound of my mixes. I don't want...

insomni.ac
replies: 16 views: 961
warlordpriest 1 day ago

Dear Slutz. I'm currently looking at preamp options for my studio. I like the idea of the API 3124MB+, giving you 4 channels...

creative.control
replies: 14 views: 3,916
Mixxed Up 1 day ago

am buying a vintage (not re issue) Neuman U47 Fet. it makes a popping noise once or twice during the first 20 minutes of use....

larrykane
replies: 5 views: 319
larrykane 1 day ago

hi everyone, what are my options for a mic preamp based on the Trident A Range design? Doesn't have to be an exact clone. My...

halfmanhalftoast
replies: 45 views: 7,010
Paul_G 1 day ago

Hi, so I've wanted to get the NEVE 1073 DPA preamp but dont need two channels, does anyone know the singular version of it? No...

susus123
replies: 0 views: 174
susus123 1 day ago

They make the power supply most SSL owners use and love. But I found today they make a full range compact studio monitor Called...

anguswoodhead
replies: 8 views: 568
dankin 1 day ago

I'm routing these 4 hardware reverb units to the sends of my console for mixing many various styles of music (largely rock). For...

Nevemachine
replies: 50 views: 3,051
string6theory 2 days ago

Hi all! I've been in contact with BAE and after additional troubleshooting I may just have to send this unit to them for...

withintheflux
replies: 0 views: 186
withintheflux 2 days ago

I recently sold my NTI EQ3 and Im missing it already. Im thinking about getting a pair of Maag EQ4's to replace it. I heard...

Grasshopper11
replies: 34 views: 15,393
shortyboyboy 2 days ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 338 views: 58,006
Elsapo2001 2 days ago

Please post your experience if you had the chance and funds to buy this new product. I searched for user reviews but not much...

11bit
replies: 99 views: 14,654
Griffini 2 days ago

So I need to replace my small Genelec, and after HOURS and HOURS of research and reading, it's down to those three... I can't...

Wizhard
replies: 3 views: 271
bicarbone 2 days ago

Has anyone compared the relatively new KM A series mics with the KM180 series? IIRC I've heard some comparisons where the KM D...

jetam
replies: 2 views: 593
benoïde 2 days ago

Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase my first analog mix bus processor in the $1000-$2000 tops range. I produce ITB and have been...

Sance21
replies: 14 views: 1,075
Seamoss 2 days ago

Have you guys seen this? It sure does look pretty cool to me! Okto Research Apogee performance, Motu price Analog...

jtwrace
replies: 6 views: 869
breakinrecords 2 days ago

Hello all, I have been really interested in these monitors for quite some time. However, I haven't found many user reviews....

Top Knob
replies: 80 views: 12,678
Brad Lunde 2 days ago

So any speculations about this? What would you like to see? Different reverbs? Unreal reverbs? Other fx?

OurDarkness
replies: 338 views: 59,676
temnov 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
___GLM___ 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search