The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 84,302
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hello, Just purchased a pair of Amphion One 18's + Amp 500 last week and wondering if I should upgrade to the Two 18's. My...

djsolrising
replies: 9 views: 4,209
gfunny72 4 minutes ago

Just wondering what people out there use most often for vox. If you have different style (rock, country, etc) specific set ups...

maxy
replies: 689 views: 171,777
Jimbo 10 minutes ago

Hey guys! I am trying to do a big test and review of several high end monitors in my studio.Barefoot mm27 gen1 and gen2, Pmc...

Audiovisjon
replies: 3,542 views: 1,042,381
To Mega Therion 22 minutes ago

Hi, I have great outboard mic pres, comps etc. I’d like to use a console just to monitor while recording into pro tools. I...

replies: 4 views: 183
nobtwiddler 42 minutes ago

Hi I managed to pick up a pair of Schoeps CMC6 amplifiers at a decent price but they came with no capsules. So want some advice...

Simsy
replies: 13 views: 500
themiracle 42 minutes ago

So, I've been an audio engineer for a long time. I feel comfortable saying I've seen and heard just about everything. I am a...

Sircalhobz
replies: 1 views: 88
pan60 43 minutes ago

Here is another discrete op amp blind listening test for the API 1608 console. The source material is a portion the...

burns46824
replies: 32 views: 928
RoundBadge 1 hour ago

A Neumann U87Ai mic landed on my workbench, with reports of it distorting too easily. Lo and behold, it had been customized with...

TheseGoToEleven
replies: 10 views: 408
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

Just saw this post on Instagram! If it's not new to some of you, it's new to me! Just figured I'd share it for those...

SupaMixKing
replies: 879 views: 57,658
GreenNeedle 2 hours ago

Got a chance to have a first look at the Monotor. We've been waiting for a worthy solution to get a good headphone option in our...

Hamburg58
replies: 138 views: 34,878
littlelabs 2 hours ago

Hey there friends due to the lockdown measures its become impossible to demo mics so I'm relying on your expertise if possible. I...

leicashot
replies: 36 views: 613
chessparov2.0 2 hours ago

Is SSL Matrix 2 still a good choice in 2019 ? I guess theres many alternative available today even a mixerless workflow with...

roc
replies: 104 views: 16,760
roc 3 hours ago

Hey all.. I'm having a new small-ish size room built where I'll be mixing and producing a lot of dance/house music, with some pop...

traveller69
replies: 6 views: 167
M_Music 3 hours ago

As a guitarist I would never think of going to a studio and using their stock gear by default. It's one thing to maybe try...

occam
replies: 17 views: 507
Brent Hahn 5 hours ago

Hi there, Has anyone had any experience with removing the mounts on the bottom of these? I have unscrewed the 3 alan bolts but...

cubehead
replies: 1 views: 121
pentagon 5 hours ago

A new year, a new chance to show off your spending abilities! The title says it all. Fire away with anything high end you wish to...

Earcatcher
replies: 175 views: 13,073
HeadlessDinosaur 5 hours ago

Hey everybody, so here is another vocal mic thread. I got quite a lot of experience with different mics, mostly...

l1ll13en
replies: 31 views: 734
chessparov2.0 5 hours ago

Oooooh. Fun dilemma. Any of you have experience with the sound anchor Coasters vs Casters? According to them there is a sonic...

South Brokelyn
replies: 3 views: 178
pentagon 6 hours ago

Anyone use the Wes audio stuff ? Is it high quality? Or do you have any experience with other company’s that offer similar...

Cokey30
replies: 13 views: 933
NashvilleJoe 6 hours ago

Hello everyone. It´s my first post here at Gearslutz, so pleased to be here. I have just purchased 2 neotek 1e channels and I am...

qwert
replies: 38 views: 10,760
signalpudding 7 hours ago

Hi, I'm interested in the PMC Result monitors and am wondering if anyone knows how they compare to the TwoTwo range? The...

dickiefunk
replies: 7 views: 287
cheu78 7 hours ago

My understanding is that Dave B. and his team, will be going up to the Santa Cruz area, where UA also makes their...

chessparov2.0
replies: 12 views: 578
chessparov2.0 7 hours ago

Hello GS’s! I need a (long overdue) hardware reverb but, I’m torn between the Bricasti or the Tegler Reverb.... I just...

vsthalion
replies: 30 views: 1,375
deedeeyeah 8 hours ago

Introduction: Given the lack of information available on the Neve 8816, I wanted to share my setup and workflow with it. I’m...

Malawar
replies: 13 views: 2,109
chrisdude 9 hours ago

Anyone have experience of both stereo filter units ? One obviously better than other... Impossible to demo where i...

insect1
replies: 0 views: 83
insect1 9 hours ago

I found an original Aphex 402 tube exciter (circa 1975) after over a decade of searching. This is not the solid state 602, but...

DarrenD
replies: 5 views: 178
DarrenD 9 hours ago

Well I'm posting here because I believe if its Chandler gear it's High End. The mic comes packed in its own wood case in a box...

bzone
replies: 617 views: 60,804
adam_f 10 hours ago

Not sure if this unit should be talked about under this sub category... Is this Vermona Spring worth the money..? Does it sound...

insect1
replies: 0 views: 209
insect1 10 hours ago

The prices have gone off the charts since the famous “I have joined the cult” thread here on Gearslutz Almost asking as...

drockfresh
replies: 36 views: 2,523
AlGoreRhythm 11 hours ago

I currently have the Fearn and while it sounds great, it is a bit fuzzy to my ears and isn't usable when I need clean...

Bmtblader
replies: 3 views: 381
[email protected] 12 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 2,017 views: 264,113
TheHanes 12 hours ago

Hi Guys! My studio mainly consists of analog vintage synthesizers and some outboard. All sound-changing steps happen to me...

zaubert
replies: 31 views: 2,288
drockfresh 13 hours ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,338 views: 267,567
santibanks 13 hours ago

On the Neumann website you can find this: The digital Neumann microphone technology (Solution-D) will no longer be part of the...

Clemens Schleiwies
replies: 101 views: 6,791
deedeeyeah 14 hours ago

A fellow GS member directed me here ... http://www.radarrecording.com/workstation where at the bottom of the page is a new...

Space1999
replies: 17 views: 1,173
johnnyz 15 hours ago

I have the opportunity to grab a Focusrite Red 3 in very good condition and for a good price. The Red 3 plugin made by Focusrite...

JonnBoy
replies: 5 views: 300
Tadaki 17 hours ago

Last night I did an op amp shootout for the mix buss of our API 1608 console. The test went as follows: Merging Hapi D/A >...

burns46824
replies: 126 views: 5,308
IanBSC 19 hours ago

Hi! Kind of new to gearslutz and i m really not sure i m posting in the right thread. I will try anyway ! I m a student...

claudiopallone
replies: 5 views: 255
Rec_Eng 19 hours ago

Sony c800g

So...like everyone I see on gs, I've came from a u87ai...to gathering funds to get a sony. I have a 1073, 1176 and the c800 and...

asylumatik
replies: 178 views: 23,077
Gabriel C Media 22 hours ago

Looking around these forums and me being around the recording and pro audio retail industry for over 30 years, I’ve come across...

TrophySony
replies: 15 views: 1,964
User100 22 hours ago

Hey guys, I am thinking about getting some new monitors for my studio and after considering all the options, I am not sure if...

JanXScore
replies: 31 views: 1,293
HotJava13 1 day ago

OK first off, I am in a minimally treated room. So right off the bat I understand I'm not hearing them in a perfect...

oceantracks
replies: 34 views: 5,761
Lolito 1 day ago

Hi all, This is the question I can't find any answer yet.. 224(original) - the one with the beige LARC is true stereo or...

project71
replies: 7 views: 259
AlexK 1 day ago

The new radar Dante converter, does it sound as good as the original radar 24? How does the radar Dante converter sound compare...

terrysound
replies: 13 views: 1,047
terrysound 1 day ago

I’m not sure if this is the correct part of the forum to post this, if not please move or delete. I’d like to know what...

127Riot
replies: 45 views: 5,430
IanBSC 1 day ago

I just ordered an Upton 251 Mic, I'm looking for a good 500 all around mic pre for vocals. . . . Has anyone tried this mic?...

hubercraft
replies: 88 views: 20,075
jjblair 1 day ago

Hi There, Something that I think I might be interested but I guess not easy to try since its made and sold in Germany. I heard...

AC222
replies: 70 views: 6,791
cheu78 1 day ago

Hi there guys, I was looking for a good analog summing mixer and I wanted one with it´s own AD/DA converters so I would have a...

pointsource
replies: 6 views: 415
vcm 1 day ago

...from VK LA... I feel sick about how much money I just dropped. Lift me up. Tell me I did the right thing! :)

joelfarr
replies: 240 views: 35,165
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 day ago

Hello fellow gear nerds, I am wondering if people who have experience with various high end cable manufacturers(Vovox, Gotham,...

samsegarra
replies: 30 views: 769
bmdaugherty 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search