The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 58,538
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Tom Duty at the moment is 2 x SM57. https://i.imgur.com/xXTyl2f.jpg OH are Oktava mk 012- Fine to my ears SM57 on snare =...

John lennon
replies: 23 views: 617
BrentA 16 minutes ago

I'm in the process of planning out a studio room/space in our new home. Meanwhile, most of my gear is impatiently awaiting music...

string6theory
replies: 16 views: 1,800
Kronos147 36 minutes ago

I'm not a 500 series guy and I have been thinking about the API channel strip to complement my Rupert Neve Portico gear. I'm...

Jason rocks
replies: 25 views: 1,581
MichaelStAmour 2 hours ago

Couldn't find a single thread on this thing yet. Any users? Seems steep for a 500 series rack but I know Mercury produces very...

Philip Parker
replies: 1 views: 336
Philip Parker 3 hours ago

Hey Everyone, I'm looking to upgrade my ITB system with a dangerous 2Bus+. I'm currently running two Universal Audio Apollo 8p's...

jndittmar
replies: 6 views: 440
Ollio 6 hours ago

hi i wanted to know if the compressor of the ua 6176 is really worthit the problem is that i already have a 610 solo from uad...

darkmaster
replies: 0 views: 136
darkmaster 8 hours ago

I´m starting a project which I want to share with all the "vintage-gearslutz" out there. The restauration of this...

Ostrong Audio
replies: 136 views: 25,341
Mablonowski Jarc 9 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,280 views: 834,383
DownSideUp 9 hours ago

Can someone who regularly works on a SSL 4000 describe this? I don't know if the 6000 or 9000 has this feature. I've heard...

Ienjoyaudio
replies: 7 views: 1,524
gilmanoel 11 hours ago

How is for parallel comp duties? Above all rock-fast drums Is it siimilar to SSl / C2? Thanx

S75
replies: 21 views: 8,377
GreenNeedle 12 hours ago

I intend to buy powered studio monitors soon. However, I've been unable to find a store in the San Francisco Bay Area where I...

Old Listener
replies: 3 views: 392
Old Listener 12 hours ago

Hello yall! I've got a Dyna-Mite, and I use the compressor alot on drum bus, banjo, mandolin, snare and other transient kinda...

Rubstubs
replies: 22 views: 6,756
Guitarzan4 14 hours ago

How would the high end compare on these two mics. I tried a Bock 151 and loved it. I assume the high end on the Bock 251 would...

AB3
replies: 70 views: 18,766
Abbas Alshafai 14 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm in the process of building my rig, and pretty soon I'll be upgrading my mains (JBL LSR305) to a full-range, 3-way...

VenVile
replies: 4 views: 505
Husa 18 hours ago

Hey guys... I'm looking for someone who can give me some specifics regarding the different circuity in the A, B, and C...

kbshearer
replies: 23 views: 1,670
yannlu 19 hours ago

I started this year with new Bomber B2 ADC. Very impressed!

Mr. Bars
replies: 50 views: 2,468
cheu78 20 hours ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 1,248 views: 148,447
shelterr 21 hours ago

Hey guys! After saving for a while I would like to invest in some big pieces. First let me tell you what I do : I'm an...

fredweb
replies: 0 views: 167
fredweb 21 hours ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,567 views: 1,532,947
Drumsound 22 hours ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,460 views: 77,890
adam_f 22 hours ago

I know this may seem like beating a dead horse, but I'm looking for the most transparent ADC possible. I'm not looking for...

breakinrecords
replies: 23 views: 1,847
thomlin 22 hours ago

Hi all, I want to experiment with re-amping some soft synths, hoping to make them sound some more interesting. Is this a...

Gigstuely
replies: 1 views: 233
Gigstuely 23 hours ago

Have you guys seen this new summing mixer/routing mixer? Looks cool, check it out; http://www.apiaudio.com/thebox.html

ppanton321
replies: 344 views: 60,333
callmelaub 1 day ago

Good afternoon (from Amsterdam), I am thinking of adding an analog mixer to my setup. I have a few hardware synths and drum...

Gigstuely
replies: 1 views: 245
Gigstuely 1 day ago

Hi all, I have a session in an hour, and one of my PMC twotwo 6 monitors has stopped passing audio: I've tested all wires,...

phillus
replies: 0 views: 223
phillus 1 day ago

Happy new year to everyone After been discussing it for quite long time , some colleages told me about the benefits transfering...

Midas
replies: 52 views: 1,720
Sigma 1 day ago

Hi, I have a pair of the Tweed Audio EQs that I've had sitting on my shelf for years. When I first got them I was given a wiring...

tomheavybeats
replies: 6 views: 546
ruffrecords 1 day ago

Hi All, I have had the RND 5060 for over a year now and I love it. I am just setting it up in a small studio and I have...

javamad
replies: 0 views: 205
javamad 1 day ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 83 views: 9,485
Swift Mastering 1 day ago

I live in the UK and we have inflated prices for all things 'vintage'...sigh. I was interested to know what prices Neve...

zukan
replies: 1 views: 286
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 day ago

Everything sounds great but the bass sounds especially great. That is not just the many high end microphones on stage but the way...

Crazy4Jazz
replies: 23 views: 786
maikol 1 day ago

Hi, do you know something about the James Blake new cd?...

KIDBILL
replies: 9 views: 10,102
SEED78 1 day ago

Today myself, wiggyneveslut and zikismastering did a little impromptu shootout between a Pulse Pultec EQP1a and an AML EZP1a. We...

Trev@Circle
replies: 76 views: 3,417
pan60 1 day ago

I‘ve seen here some opinions like „the best tape machine ever made“ and similar about the Nagra T-audio. Now I am very...

Arseny
replies: 3 views: 315
Arseny 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
jwh1192 1 day ago

Hi guys - Advice I have a Manley Cardioid Reference and a Neve 1073 dpd - The manley is so hot with signal even with -10db...

karljohnson
replies: 7 views: 342
Reborn 1 day ago

OK, folks... I know the principles, apples and oranges...Different beasts etc etc... I've had the Clariphonic for many years...

mherrane
replies: 3 views: 473
herecomesyourman 1 day ago

Hi guys, I'm a bit new to this forum but I have already checked out a lot of threads on this forum. I also know these kind of...

RubenP
replies: 46 views: 1,402
RubenP 1 day ago

Hello, life time reader first time poster here. Not much info on the dbx 676 so i thought i share. I've had the 676 for 6...

Billytyne
replies: 3 views: 1,711
Billytyne 1 day ago

Hi Guys, I just wanted to post about a incredible Bass DI I used recently that I feel more people need to know about, because...

Farm sounds
replies: 313 views: 54,427
StevenLMorgan 1 day ago

its really simple,what is best analog to digital converter you ever heard,doesnt matter how much it cost or if its even curently...

Neodym
replies: 218 views: 28,956
herecomesyourman 1 day ago

Hey all. TL;DR: So many compressors, so little time :lol: I'll be as concise as I can: - I'm ITB bar the SilverBullet;...

b0se
replies: 75 views: 2,154
SEED78 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
John lennon 2 days ago

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda.. I am familiar with the sound of ATC speakers and love them to bits. I am however considering if I'd...

midmost
replies: 7 views: 593
SashaGray 2 days ago

EMI RS61 Electron Tube Microphone Preamplifier V72 U47 Beatles | eBay (I'm not even going into the EMI line amps he is...

Trev@Circle
replies: 17 views: 1,142
TurboT 2 days ago

Hi..new here I would like to hear revox c278 users setups and what if any noise reduction they use. I have one of these for...

The Arborist
replies: 11 views: 446
The Arborist 2 days ago

HI, I recently got a Neve 33609C compressor. I would like to know what are your best use for it ? Any tricks and tips to...

sergioelectro
replies: 26 views: 3,731
XKAudio 2 days ago

Hello! I have an opportunity to buy a studer 962 for around 5k USD. I was wondering if that price reflects 2017. I did some quick...

Charlesatthediso
replies: 14 views: 1,262
Olver 2 days ago

Hi All, I'm currently using a Lexicon 300, a couple of PCM70s and PCM42's... love all 3 boxes to bits and in my opinion they...

davehall6162
replies: 5 views: 398
davehall6162 2 days ago
replies: 23 views: 3,145
Noa 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search