The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 58,637
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hello everyone! I'm looking for a modern, silky, bright, airy microphone, mainly for my voice. The style is mostly pop, world,...

Abbas Alshafai
replies: 7 views: 140
Drumsound 1 minute ago

Techniques of eq and compression, reverb, plugins, etc

studiogear
replies: 58 views: 3,216
herecomesyourman 47 minutes ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,471 views: 78,698
rwsand 1 hour ago

Just putting this out there for anyone looking in South Florida. 2 Acres. 4000 sq foot main house. 1200 sq foot separate...

sonickeys
replies: 4 views: 343
xcycle 1 hour ago

I just found a mint Drawmer 1960 at a pawn shop for $350. Looking at used prices it looks like they are worth about $1000. So I...

Rufuss Sewell
replies: 3 views: 135
herecomesyourman 1 hour ago

After extensive lurking here on gearslutz I've finally decided to chime in on my experiences with the Horch RM2J that I just got...

Lawsminguez
replies: 9 views: 3,751
Will The Weirdo 2 hours ago

I have an Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt and Im running into the same Issues i had with my Ensemble Firewire which obviously leads...

Octopussy
replies: 2 views: 131
Octopussy 2 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,208 views: 160,055
njv 2 hours ago

How would the high end compare on these two mics. I tried a Bock 151 and loved it. I assume the high end on the Bock 251 would...

AB3
replies: 75 views: 19,169
Paul_G 3 hours ago

Hi guys I’ve just picked up a voxbox and although I can get a good level into the pre amp and taking 2/3 dB of gain off with...

karljohnson
replies: 0 views: 94
karljohnson 5 hours ago

Hello I have the unity rocks mk2. Has anyone mastered with these monitors. I have a pair of these and auratones I know they are...

spektor
replies: 0 views: 107
spektor 6 hours ago

Which of these mic would be best adapted as an uncolored multi purpose mic? I'll use them as room mic. piano acoustic guitar and...

djanogil
replies: 35 views: 9,750
John Willett 6 hours ago

Hi all, I have a session in an hour, and one of my PMC twotwo 6 monitors has stopped passing audio: I've tested all wires,...

phillus
replies: 3 views: 407
John Willett 6 hours ago

Have you guys seen this new summing mixer/routing mixer? Looks cool, check it out; http://www.apiaudio.com/thebox.html

ppanton321
replies: 347 views: 60,660
crestifer 7 hours ago

hi i wanted to know if the compressor of the ua 6176 is really worthit the problem is that i already have a 610 solo from uad...

darkmaster
replies: 12 views: 596
darkmaster 7 hours ago

I started this year with new Bomber B2 ADC. Very impressed!

Mr. Bars
replies: 66 views: 3,188
rnappi 7 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,287 views: 835,761
IkennaFuNkEn 8 hours ago

Hi One of my AMS NEVE 1081 is getting some distortion. I'm in need of a good repair shop in the USA Any recommendation...

francois
replies: 6 views: 254
francois 8 hours ago

A question to everybody owning a Focusrite ISA 428: Have you encountered the problem I currently have? The gain on channel 1...

bslotte
replies: 30 views: 5,309
ffg 9 hours ago

its really simple,what is best analog to digital converter you ever heard,doesnt matter how much it cost or if its even curently...

Neodym
replies: 223 views: 29,360
herecomesyourman 9 hours ago

Hi everyone! I've been using this forum for information for some time and I've always found answers to all my questions using...

S.F.Sorrow
replies: 103 views: 19,338
huglife187 9 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking at a summing mixer. I recently found this shootout: Summing Mixer Shootout I am now convinced that...

ryanfrith
replies: 114 views: 15,211
jwh1192 9 hours ago

Today myself, wiggyneveslut and zikismastering did a little impromptu shootout between a Pulse Pultec EQP1a and an AML EZP1a. We...

Trev@Circle
replies: 79 views: 3,795
SEED78 12 hours ago

Please post your experience if you had the chance and funds to buy this new product. I searched for user reviews but not much...

11bit
replies: 72 views: 8,136
Deckdaddy 12 hours ago

Hey guys... I'm looking for someone who can give me some specifics regarding the different circuity in the A, B, and C...

kbshearer
replies: 26 views: 1,793
yannlu 13 hours ago

Hello everybody, my 2nd post here. I have recently purchased a used D&R Cinemix and I've found a few posts on here were...

ZioGuido
replies: 77 views: 12,640
EvilRoy 14 hours ago

Hi all, I want to experiment with re-amping some soft synths, hoping to make them sound some more interesting. Is this a...

Gigstuely
replies: 3 views: 341
Gigstuely 14 hours ago

I'm in the process of planning out a studio room/space in our new home. Meanwhile, most of my gear is impatiently awaiting music...

string6theory
replies: 22 views: 2,244
Kronos147 15 hours ago

Hi guys I need your help I got module called WSW 811480, trying to power up and rack Heard this is an amp module with limter...

shouutth
replies: 0 views: 169
shouutth 16 hours ago

2x AML EZP-1a VS Retro 2a3 - anyone tried both next to each other? My guess would be that the Retro is a bit more coloured...

SEED78
replies: 11 views: 457
SEED78 18 hours ago

I read an old post here and I am looking for one of the early versions of the GT1 with tube mic. I used one in the early nineties...

ihate100bees
replies: 1 views: 244
rbbrchckn 23 hours ago

What inductor based eq's are out there for the 500 series? So far i know of Electrodyne 511's and RND 551's

Radic
replies: 19 views: 3,322
Lindell 1 day ago

Everything sounds great but the bass sounds especially great. That is not just the many high end microphones on stage but the way...

Crazy4Jazz
replies: 24 views: 879
Drumhead1957 1 day ago

Klaus modded U87 arrived today. He modded a brand new 87ai. It is stunning. It definitely sounds like an 87, but it is like the...

nnajar
replies: 88 views: 5,685
nnajar 1 day ago

Hello yall! I've got a Dyna-Mite, and I use the compressor alot on drum bus, banjo, mandolin, snare and other transient kinda...

Rubstubs
replies: 24 views: 6,896
127Riot 1 day ago

Hi All, I have a Hairball 1176 blue stripe that Id like checked out as well as upgraded component wise if possible. I also...

Allaboutrhythm
replies: 1 views: 214
Drumsound 1 day ago

Hey All, I've been using a Dragon on mono sources for a long time, and loving it. I recently picked up a second to use for buss...

citrusburst
replies: 0 views: 192
citrusburst 1 day ago

Hi guys I have a Pye TVT SM8 mixing console. It’s been in storage for years. Anyone have any idea what it’s worth? Kevin

Groucho100
replies: 2 views: 263
longforparade 1 day ago

Anyone have experience with these two combos? I need to get a second for a stereo pair for my lunchbox. I love Great River...

drockfresh
replies: 12 views: 416
drockfresh 1 day ago

Hi All, I have had the RND 5060 for over a year now and I love it. I am just setting it up in a small studio and I have...

javamad
replies: 1 views: 287
javamad 1 day ago

Hi Guys, I just wanted to post about a incredible Bass DI I used recently that I feel more people need to know about, because...

Farm sounds
replies: 315 views: 54,762
jwh1192 1 day ago

Last week a friend took the -i must say- impressive JBL LSR 708i to my mix room and i liked it a lot. I felt i could take good...

Hansest
replies: 82 views: 17,485
IkennaFuNkEn 1 day ago

Can someone who regularly works on a SSL 4000 describe this? I don't know if the 6000 or 9000 has this feature. I've heard...

Ienjoyaudio
replies: 10 views: 1,838
jwh1192 1 day ago

Hey Everyone, I'm looking to upgrade my ITB system with a dangerous 2Bus+. I'm currently running two Universal Audio Apollo 8p's...

jndittmar
replies: 9 views: 585
javamad 1 day ago

Tom Duty at the moment is 2 x SM57. https://i.imgur.com/xXTyl2f.jpg OH are Oktava mk 012- Fine to my ears SM57 on snare =...

John lennon
replies: 26 views: 827
Samc 1 day ago

Hello All - Just wanted to show off my newly upgraded Adcom GFA-555 amplifier which went through a dual mono/high current upgrade...

markjv58
replies: 12 views: 977
SHIRK 1 day ago

Hi, do you know something about the James Blake new cd?...

KIDBILL
replies: 10 views: 10,239
IanBSC 1 day ago

OK, folks... I know the principles, apples and oranges...Different beasts etc etc... I've had the Clariphonic for many years...

mherrane
replies: 4 views: 601
sharkboy 1 day ago

Hi all... Re home stereo system. Just inherited a Denon DAP 2500 pre-amp and Denon POA 2800 Amp (200 W X2). I know nothing...

devildog4
replies: 0 views: 224
devildog4 1 day ago

Hey guys! After saving for a while I would like to invest in some big pieces. First let me tell you what I do : I'm an...

fredweb
replies: 2 views: 391
andyisdead 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search