The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 63,171
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

There’re two truisms to Genelec monitors: no SQ difference between analog and digital input; going digital avoids double...

HoveringBit
replies: 0 views: 14
HoveringBit 34 minutes ago

I started this year with new Bomber B2 ADC. Very impressed!

Mr. Bars
replies: 202 views: 14,358
Paul_G 55 minutes ago

I know this was discussed previously a few years back but I'm trying to build up a high end small scale project studio from...

Chris Bradley
replies: 10 views: 420
bgood 1 hour ago

This is my first post on the forum, but I've been visiting for years and greatly appreciate the input from this...

RayHeath
replies: 192 views: 5,597
deedeeyeah 2 hours ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,589 views: 102,480
Vdub 2 hours ago

Hi all! I have a Chandler Limited REDD mic here at the moment, and am having a lot of fun experimenting with it and putting it...

Kroc
replies: 245 views: 11,378
chessparov2.0 3 hours ago

Are there any current manufacturers making Leslie rotating speaker cabs that sound as good as the vintage Leslie cabs? How...

Singlecutz
replies: 2 views: 194
foldback 3 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,698 views: 906,815
Cualli 4 hours ago

I’m setting up a studio to produce Pop/R&B Music. I’ll only be recording 1 vocalist at a time, guitar & bass (direct...

Robert13
replies: 33 views: 1,258
Vdub 4 hours ago

Hello you all,howdy There are times that you can take a risk and think: " why not buying something out of the Ukraine...

flute player
replies: 931 views: 196,051
teebaum 7 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 215 views: 25,362
Jeff Hayat 7 hours ago

The puremix and mixwiththemasters videos are quite educational for someone relatively new to mixing. However, I'm finding that...

eugtone
replies: 9 views: 641
eugtone 8 hours ago

Hello - Is there a equivalent of telefunken V72, mercury M72, Redd 47 in 500 format?

priko
replies: 8 views: 1,266
deuc647 8 hours ago

I bought a Neve 1073 DPX a year ago and my all studio furniture is angled. After a few months the lower preamp started to fail...

Wakena2003
replies: 14 views: 581
kakao 9 hours ago

Wanted to get a quick discussion going on this, seeing as I found it interesting. I think it might be BS, but not sure, wanted to...

studioman22
replies: 4 views: 473
Singlecutz 9 hours ago

Anyone already listened to this? this sounds sooooooo huge!!! _kIrRooQwuk

tape_attack!!!
replies: 20 views: 1,964
GreenNeedle 10 hours ago

anyone heard psi monitors?? www.psiaudio.com they are supposed to sound vbery good, i just wanted to get a light impression from...

xl-sander
replies: 321 views: 64,245
fedorM 10 hours ago

just curious if anyone has tried it. it has total recall via USB.

Mystic Muse
replies: 6 views: 2,654
kakao 10 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,295 views: 173,043
rostyslavsamus 11 hours ago

Dream Theater has entered the studio once again in a top secret remote location with a seemingly mobile recording setup. You can...

Bassmichi
replies: 3 views: 239
Bassmichi 12 hours ago

Hello all, I have a Lindell Compressor that is overly noisey when installed in a 500 series rack. It seems like there is static...

lleb
replies: 0 views: 140
lleb 12 hours ago

I'm finding myself lusting over this preamp. Being U.S. (and due to the stupid EU laws that prevent anything with a VU meter...

b0se
replies: 30 views: 2,019
teegardenaudio 15 hours ago

I'm really wanting to pick up some headphones and want to hear from some serious pros about the Ultrasone Pro Line. Do any of you...

linenoise
replies: 5 views: 1,195
Del_Gesu 15 hours ago
replies: 20 views: 1,731
Klaus 16 hours ago

If you had to get a 1/4" in two track tape machine what would you look at, lets say between $800-$1500? floor standing would...

lobit
replies: 156 views: 40,239
gpiccolini 18 hours ago

Hi, So im on a quest to buy myself a SSL bus compressor which i will use on the master bus. Im doing mainly rock and metal. The...

crille_mannen
replies: 102 views: 34,413
Jason rocks 18 hours ago

Hi, I have a portable rig so I like to make efficient use of space. I bought a few nice outbaord preamps this year and want to...

mister sunshine
replies: 27 views: 5,870
Singlecutz 18 hours ago

Hey guys, I’m currently shopping for a “signature” microphone for my studio, primarily for my own voice. I have a...

willmarshall
replies: 14 views: 621
hughshouse 21 hours ago

Greetings, I was not sure in which category I should post this request. Have a PCM 60 that I like and still use which has...

audioartist
replies: 2 views: 334
TheLastByte 22 hours ago

I seem to have straightened out the T&C board problems with my 224, but now I have four error codes that start in the E...

dbbubba
replies: 15 views: 1,889
TheLastByte 23 hours ago

So, I've borrowed a Voxbox and a Core. Will buy one of them and will be tracking bass and vocals, mostly. So, these direct inputs...

T-fonk
replies: 3 views: 456
chazmar 23 hours ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 797 views: 131,273
chazmar 23 hours ago

Anyone own both of these mics? For a while the Manley was the mic that came closest to the sound of a Sony C800g. I was...

etrella
replies: 8 views: 410
andersmv 1 day ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 123 views: 8,479
adamj31 1 day ago

Sony c800g

So...like everyone I see on gs, I've came from a u87ai...to gathering funds to get a sony. I have a 1073, 1176 and the c800 and...

asylumatik
replies: 88 views: 4,046
chazmar 1 day ago

Hi Folks! I've been trying to get some info on these machines, but the website is completely uninformative. Could somebody...

Sput
replies: 28 views: 8,515
researchtriangle 1 day ago
replies: 0 views: 347
Eastbanjo 1 day ago

Hi, What are Neve 2254 compressers good for? How would you rate these units overall and how would you describe there...

everglass
replies: 151 views: 81,071
Vox_Humana 1 day ago

Looking at these booth for mix bus mojo pre my RND Master Bus processor. I wonder if the Curve Bender price tag is worth it...

augustin187
replies: 6 views: 664
Fidelis 1 day ago

As the title clearly shows.. Has anyone put API preamps aside to Tonelux MP5a ones? Talking about 500 modules,...

Davide Janez
replies: 1 views: 367
paul999 2 days ago

I recorded this song with Solo 610 and Soundelux u195 mic. Do you think it has good vocal quality or should I buy more expensive...

Kevin1501
replies: 0 views: 233
Kevin1501 2 days ago

Hey Everyone, I recently purchased a Bricasti M7 to add to my studio setup. I'm currently running my Genelec 8341's...

jndittmar
replies: 3 views: 407
jndittmar 2 days ago

Title says it all: Roger Mayer 456 tape sim VS Portico 5042 and others The Roger Mayer "456" tape emulation...

mixerguy
replies: 49 views: 13,325
Drumhead57 2 days ago

Sunset Sound Studio started with S1P's production in 2012, then I think these limited edition preamps - now at REV C and with at...

Davide Janez
replies: 5 views: 629
Davide Janez 2 days ago

Hey guys, Was wondering if anyone is using the external 'Meter' output on their Avocet to hook into a Dorrough meter or...

Glamdring
replies: 11 views: 2,414
Jimmy Makhaisingh 2 days ago

Hi all, So I just bought a 2192 and I'm wanting to run from my Motu 424 card into a 2408mk3, then SPDIF to the UA 2192. I only...

rockgod1968
replies: 0 views: 334
rockgod1968 2 days ago

Hi, I will get a second Powerstrip next week. The EQ is the same like the Retro 2a3, so I’m going to use it for mixing duties...

___GLM___
replies: 8 views: 647
b0se 2 days ago

I would love one of these! I have the Portico Channel strip and am nuts about it. Trying to find a price for this new offering....

jayfield
replies: 147 views: 39,242
Redwine 2 days ago

This just came up for sale on CL/LA. $22k, not affiliated with seller. Based on an old Studer. Thought y'all might be...

EvilRoy
replies: 8 views: 603
Mr. Tom 2 days ago

Hi guys! After alot of lurking, reading, listening etc. I've decided to get a Portico II MBP. It's will first hardware compressor...

MatsNo
replies: 81 views: 14,112
Slogun 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search