The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I have seen/heard the light
Old 10th April 2015
Lives for gear

I have seen/heard the light

Some of my favorite mixers have been using PMC speakers for awhile. Long story short, it took me a few years to get my head around it, but I auditioned a few different PMC speakers and found a couple of setups that sound great and help me so much. I'm mixing faster and with less plugins. There's significantly LESS of a battle than any other speakers I've worked on previously, and the mixes are the best and most balanced in my car, at home, from comments from mastering engineers, etc.
I paid for my PMC speakers and this is just pure enthusiasm. I'm recommending them to anyone who'll listen. My favorite speakers are the two two 6's, and the tower setup of the MB2S XBD's.
Check them out, fellow gearslutz.
Old 10th April 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Wells View Post
Some of my favorite mixers have been using PMC speakers for awhile. Long story short, it took me a few years to get my head around it, but I auditioned a few different PMC speakers and found a couple of setups that sound great and help me so much. I'm mixing faster and with less plugins. There's significantly LESS of a battle than any other speakers I've worked on previously, and the mixes are the best and most balanced in my car, at home, from comments from mastering engineers, etc.
I paid for my PMC speakers and this is just pure enthusiasm. I'm recommending them to anyone who'll listen. My favorite speakers are the two two 6's, and the tower setup of the MB2S XBD's.
Check them out, fellow gearslutz.
Which just goes to show how entirely subjective this stuff is. I tried them in both my A and B room and didn't get on with them at all. Glad you found something that works for you man!
Old 10th April 2015
Gear Nut
Another happy PMC owner here too; I've not had many different sets of monitors but once I tried the two.two 6's I had to keep them!
Old 10th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Which just goes to show how entirely subjective this stuff is. I tried them in both my A and B room and didn't get on with them at all. Glad you found something that works for you man!
I didn't love them until I forced myself to finish a mix on them, then heard the results in my car. Then I did it again the next day. The results of my mixes on other systems is what showed me how the PMCs have such value. I think they're an incredible tool. They get the bottom end soooo right.
Old 10th April 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Wells View Post
I didn't love them until I forced myself to finish a mix on them, then heard the results in my car. Then I did it again the next day. The results of my mixes on other systems is what showed me how the PMCs have such value. I think they're an incredible tool. They get the bottom end soooo right.
Yeah I mixed on them too. Here's the thread: If you haven't ever done a monitor shoot out in your own room...
Old 11th April 2015
Lives for gear

Thanks for the tips Greg, it's so awesome that guys like yourself are willing to share their experiences on here.

Just curious - have ever checked out any Amphion speakers? I'd be curious to know what you think of them as well if you ever get a chance.

(PS - I love your productions...you've been a huge inspiration to me, so thanks for making such great music)
Old 11th April 2015
Gear Guru

Sweet.
I remember when we did the Pultec shootout you had Adams?
I heard the two two 8's at a friends place last week.really nice.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search