The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Api 225 and Api 527
Old 7th April 2015
Api 225 and Api 527

Hello!
I recently worked on a compressor 225 Api (series 200) and I'm orienting to purchase a Lunch Boxy of modules Api, although I would be oriented to the family 500.
There is a difference in sound between the compressor 225 of the 200 series and the compressor 527 of the 500 series (in addition to the function of limiter)?
Old 8th April 2015
no one can tell me anything?
Old 8th April 2015
Lives for gear

API 527

They are compared in this article. According to SOS--Similar in sound and design, with the 527 adding feed back / feed forward, output level and thrust filter. If you liked the 225, there's a good chance you will like the 527, It seems a reasonable guess.

The review is spot on to my experience/ opinion of the --a p i 5 2 7--.

Last edited by Tone Laborer; 8th April 2015 at 08:04 PM..
Old 8th April 2015
thank you Tone Laborer!
your opinion calms me a lot!
I would like try to the 527 with my hands, but "Api" is a brand that I would include equally in my recording studio. The Lunch Box 500, would be a purchase that I would do anywayy... so if the sound is similar (if not the best on the 527) rasserna me a lot ..
If you have the link of the article?
Old 9th April 2015
Lives for gear

I linked the article in post 2.

Also, some fan boi wrote a review in the Gearslutz review section. Excellent reading.

Good luck, and remain calm, it's only a compressor.

Ciao.
Old 10th April 2015
Hahahahaha! Yes! It's only a compressor.
Tanks!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search