The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Outboard/compressor for Drummachine/House music
Old 7th April 2015
Here for the gear

Outboard/compressor for Drummachine/House music

Just bought a jomox 888, going to by a nord lead too and i'm after some outboard to take it to the next level/ make it sound warmer/fatter haha. There's loads of threads on here about every out board piece of kit but I'm just not sure, and it's a considerable investment for me hence why i'm asking here.

Even tho I don't make "90's house" I'm after that compressed, distorted sound. and I'm thinking maybe a distressor or fatso, culture vulture. what other options are there? Ideally i want to spend around £1000 secondhand.

Thanks
Old 12th April 2015
Gear Addict
Fatso all the way.
Old 12th April 2015
Lives for gear

If you want Fat and seriously fat you cant go past the Drawmer 1973 Stereo FET multi band comp
with the mix control set to 100 percent wet for that smooth NY style compression.

You can buy these new for 1500.

Do yourself a favour and try one out at least.

Shapes your tone and compresses each band.

For recording, mixing and mastering.

Highly underated I say.

Cheers
Old 12th April 2015
I track all my drum machines through an AML f5450.

combinations of limiter + compressor seem to work on everything.

I also usually go thru a DI into a CAPI VP26 with red dot opamps. this can be pushed hard for distortion + pulled back with output trim.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search