The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A designs Reddi Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 4th April 2015
Gear Maniac

A designs Reddi

Aloha , I just had a gig with a guy that used the Reddi by a designs wow I was just listening to the recording . The bass player sounded so fat . What's other peoples experience with this DI or other DI's?
Old 4th April 2015
I've been using a reddi for years. every time I want a deep fat tubey vibe, out if comes. My fliptop barely gets switched on nowadays.
Old 4th April 2015
Lives for gear

One of the best di's I've ever owned. It can give any instrument a little fuller sound. But it is killer on bass.
L.
Old 4th April 2015
Gear Nut

We're using one right now to record bass. I generally love the sound of the REDDI by itself. My partner likes to reamp it a bit. In either case, totally worth it.
Old 5th April 2015

We have a Reddi in the studio. Whenever we get a bass player who insists on micing up his cabinet because "DI's suck" we say yeah we agree except for the Reddi. So far every bass player who has tried the Reddi has liked it even if we still end up micing their cabinet as well. More often than not, when it comes to the mixdown, we end up just going with the Reddi track.

Last edited by pundit; 5th April 2015 at 08:18 PM..
Old 5th April 2015
Lives for gear

Using it here as well. Get's the meat of the bass.
Old 5th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I've been using a reddi for years. every time I want a deep fat tubey vibe, out if comes. My fliptop barely gets switched on nowadays.
I like using exactly those two in conjunction at times.
Old 5th April 2015
Gear Maniac

Ok cool
Old 6th April 2015
Lives for gear

It gets even cooler when running into some pres.
Old 6th April 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SighBorg View Post
It gets even cooler when running into some pres.
REDDI into a LaChapell 583s = Gooey Goodness
Old 6th April 2015
Gear Guru

ID DI ...
Old 6th April 2015
Lives for gear

Love my ReDDi. My last session:
Bakithi Kumalo - 62 P-Bass - Reddi - 1073 - LA2A - RCA console - Melcor GME-20 eq.
Old 6th April 2015
Lives for gear

Here's a little secret... REDDI at minimum gain followed by an original OP-6. Best Bass DI sound ever captured at my studio and God knows I've tried every combo on the planet.
Old 6th April 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by syra View Post
Here's a little secret... REDDI at minimum gain followed by an original OP-6. Best Bass DI sound ever captured at my studio and God knows I've tried every combo on the planet.
listen to ^^ this guy -literally has tried everything.
Old 6th April 2015
The REDDI does what it needs to do: make the bass stand out in a mix without having to EQ it to death. The only other unit I know that also does this is the Ridge Farm Gas Cooker.
Old 6th April 2015
Quote:
Dang! *(heads off to ebay*)
Old 6th April 2015
Old 6th April 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter8 View Post
Nice!
Old 6th April 2015
Lives for gear

I'm wondering if "coming soon" means something closer to months or years.
Old 6th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
listen to ^^ this guy -literally has tried everything.
Said the kettle to the pot heh
Old 6th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ooh, that makes m want to try my Reddi into my Powerstrip.

I am liking the Reddi on digital loops/samples too.
Old 7th April 2015
Gear Nut

Huge fan of the REDDI here. I have the REDDI V2 dual channel rack mount in the studio, and it is the go to for Bass DI. It is also great on keys.
REDDI-> TG2 preamp

Also, the KGB II is great if you need a cleaner sound- I have all the DI I need now!
Old 7th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1973 View Post
Love my ReDDi. My last session:
Bakithi Kumalo - 62 P-Bass - Reddi - 1073 - LA2A - RCA console - Melcor GME-20 eq.
Damn, girl...
Old 7th April 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
i have the ID DI .. have you tried one of these puppies yet ?? we are somewhere in the same city .. let me know if you would like to check it out .. i think i may have one of a 1/2 dozen out there .. Tube DI .. cheers john
Old 7th July 2015
Gear Maniac

Lot of Reddi fans thanks for the tips
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search