The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Trident 65 right main out dead! Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 2nd April 2015
Lives for gear

Trident 65 right main out dead!

I just returned to my studio after a 4 month absence. I use Radar 24 Classic. I turned everything on to discover that the console does not respond to the right main channel of the board. It is completely dead!

I tried my 2 track play back decks and that does come out of both speakers , as well as read on the main Trident right output indicator.

I am going to go through all connections with a fine tooth comb.

I wanted to ask what may have blown in the console to create the right side from not operating? I have had this board since 2002 and have never had this problem before.

Any suggestions are most welcome!
Old 2nd April 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad John View Post
I just returned to my studio after a 4 month absence. I use Radar 24 Classic. I turned everything on to discover that the console does not respond to the right main channel of the board. It is completely dead!

I tried my 2 track play back decks and that does come out of both speakers , as well as read on the main Trident right output indicator.

I wanted to ask what may have blown in the console to create the right side from not operating? I have had this board since 2002 and have never had this problem before.

I don't have any useful suggestions other than don't freak out over it. I'm not familiar with a 65 but it's a old console and those things will happen. It's a very fixable console. My Otari console did a similar thing (output was down 2 db on one side). Something fried on it but my tech fixed it in about 30 minutes.

Find a good tech if you don't have one already. Get on his good side, buy him lunch, send him flowers on his birthday...whatever it takes. You'll be fine.
Old 2nd April 2015
Lives for gear

Thank you so much clear wave!

That was excellent advice my friend and it made me feel better , so I am grateful for your comments!!
Old 2nd April 2015
I've gone through a few of these... and currently have what may be a the start of a larger build (was put on hold.... partial chassis 16x16 size, with bridge, 2 input modules in it, using the factory supply, just using for two channel strips, and have my control surface embedded in it)

Anyway... I will say this.... if it hasn't been done that you know of, re-cap it.... or at least your output module

Check the wires at the output jacks... they are notorious for coming loose... breaking at the solder joint.
Old 2nd April 2015
Lives for gear

Any techs near Bedford NY?
Old 2nd April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad John View Post

My guess would be you just blew an opamp ($2 part) on your master section. Should be an easy fix even if it's something else. Given your location, I am sure your not too far from a good tech.

Good luck!!!
Old 3rd April 2015
Check the inserts.
Old 3rd April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Check the inserts.
Thank you Jim! Will do sir.
Old 3rd April 2015
Gear Head

Had this exact issue with our DDA - as suggested above, the insert was the culprit. Wasn't normalling internally, just plugged in a patch cable a few times and it worked. Contacts might have slightly corroded over time. Good luck man!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search