The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Barefoot MM27 Gen2s---All alike? Studio Monitors
Old 1st April 2015
Gear Nut

Barefoot MM27 Gen2s---All alike?

Hey Guys so I have the opportunity to buy a pair of used mm27s gen2's. They were purchased late 2013 relatively soon after the gen2's were released so I was wondering if there have been any kinks worked out since then or are all gen2's pretty much the same? Perhaps Thomas would be the only person qualified to answer but I'd appreciated any input really. Thanks!
Old 2nd April 2015
Gear Nut

bump
Old 3rd April 2015
Gear Nut

Any insight? Thomas?
Old 3rd April 2015
Lives for gear

Hi heartbeat,

From an end user perspective, all the MM27 Gen2's are the same. We are constantly tweaking our production process in order to improve quality and streamline assembly. Therefore, we may have moved the position of an internal component, changed a fastener type, etc. But I never make any change unless it is either neutral or an improvement in terms of quality, reliability and performance. And I would classify any MM27 Gen2 tweaks as minor and neutral to anyone not involved with its production.

I hope this helps!

Thomas
Old 4th April 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
Hi heartbeat,

From an end user perspective, all the MM27 Gen2's are the same. We are constantly tweaking our production process in order to improve quality and streamline assembly. Therefore, we may have moved the position of an internal component, changed a fastener type, etc. But I never make any change unless it is either neutral or an improvement in terms of quality, reliability and performance. And I would classify any MM27 Gen2 tweaks as minor and neutral to anyone not involved with its production.

I hope this helps!

Thomas
Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search