The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who has all the Trident DiAns? Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 1st April 2015
Here for the gear
Who has all the Trident DiAns?

Hello Slutz

I'm currently looking for a studio with a Trident DiAn.

I have heard that all but one of them were acquired by a studio in Europe, possibly somewhere in the Netherlands.

It would be great if any of you guys could share any info that could help narrow this search down.

Many thanks in advance for you time and help.
Old 1st April 2015
Lives for gear

There was a studio here in Vegas, RMS Studios, that had one.
Don't know where it is now.

Denny
Old 7th April 2015
Here for the gear
Thanks Denny, will try and do some detective work and hunt it down.
Old 7th April 2015
Nod
Gear Head

Give these guys a call!

Studio 2
Old 30th April 2015
Here for the gear
Nod, you're a legend. Thank's so much for that, I will contact them immediately!
Old 3rd May 2015
Here for the gear

To my knowledge, there were only two ever made. Keith Olsen got the only one in America, and I think the other one is in the UK
Old 3rd May 2015
Gear Addict

The one at Goodnight LA was sold off in 2001 or so. Peter who took over Goodnight (I edited the post cause you revealed who your are, and I got my info from Keith) lost the studio after taking it over from Keith Olsen, and it went to auction. Keith did not know till it was too late and it and other equipment was taken, 33609 and other toys. According to Kieth. I was there in 1999.

Last edited by TimDolbear; 16th May 2015 at 12:00 AM..
Old 13th May 2015
Here for the gear

Nice Tim...do your homework before saying such things...the studio business was dead way before I took over Goodnight LA. Keith wanted out and I was happy to take over the reigns and try to make it work...but to no avail. BTW, I worked for Keith Full time from 1993-2001. I was there 24-7 and I don't recall you ever working there? good luck..
Old 14th May 2015
J-K
Gear Head

Hi B3Bob,
Actually Studio Sound on Burbank Blvd. had one at the same time as Keith did. 2nd or 3rd produced if I remember correctly. I was a staff guy there for a few years in the 80's. Later renamed as George Tobin Recording.
Was a great studio that one. Had 2 identical control rooms… When I started it was 4032C's, then moved to Series 80B's w/ a whack of GML and API outboard.. then George decided to put the DiAn in the mix room.
I have no idea what happened to it after I left though I must admit (in ref to the actual question!)

Last edited by J-K; 14th May 2015 at 06:47 PM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search