The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL Sigma mixer topology
Old 22nd March 2015
Lives for gear

SSL Sigma mixer topology

Hi

This mixer weight like a sheet of A4 paper. Whats the topology in this thing... ? No xformers, opamps or anything. Sure the path isnt digital?) hehe

What does it have in common w the duality? Does it have any character or footprint considering the box is empty...?
Old 22nd March 2015
Lives for gear

I have it , And I hear that SSL sound , the tightness and snap that would be SSL , throw on the Bus comp and it sounds like the way it should .
Old 25th March 2015
Solid State Logic

None of our modern kit has transformers in. That's one of the things SuperAnalogue is all about.
Old 25th March 2015
Lives for gear

Hi Jim!
Thanks for joining in. I ran some searches and could not find info on the design philosophy and topology of the superanaloog summing. Can you direct me to a page or explain yourself? greatly appreciated!
Old 7th June 2015
Gear Nut
I'm curious as to the sonic benefit of sending a signal into the Sigma and routing thru the direct out back into the DAW. Other than being able to automate levels/mute, is there any special "circuit mojo" taking place here or does that happen after it hits the Mix A or Mx B bus?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search