The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Adding Automation to a Trident 80B Consoles
Old 21st June 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
This relatively new and promising and best of all affordable

FaderMate

FaderMate by Malcolm Toft: Moving faders, any console, any DAW! From £1399.

Cheers
Wiggy
Yes... unfortunately the cost cut consequence is a low quality fader as no control/remote function, having to select automation status in the DAW is a workflow killer.

Best
Zam
Old 14th September 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
...no control/remote function ... having to select automation status in the DAW is a workflow killer
It's worth mentioning that FaderMate features an expansion port which will allow us to add the remote automation mode/solo/mute functionality as a module.

We've had quite a few enquiries about that and so it's looking a lot more likely that we'll end up doing the remote system. Another candidate for an add-on module is an analogue mute board.

Quote:
... unfortunately the cost cut consequence is a low quality fader
As I mentioned in the original thread about FaderMate, the reason we ship with the Alps faders is more mechanical (i.e. they fit in more consoles) than cost-driven. However, we've also had a lot of interest in supplying our FCU with P&G or similar conductive plastic faders as a (higher-priced, less widely-applicable) alternative to the standard kit.

We've got an install to do in a Trident console later this month (I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think an 80B) so we may well have a case study for this available in the not too distant future.

If anybody wants any more info, just shoot us a message:

info --at-- fadermate dot co dot uk.

Cheers,

Andy
Old 18th September 2018
Lives for Jesus

I have used GML, FF, and now I am using D&Rs power vca automation,.. As stated before here to get recall form the pots switched etc.. it needs to be designed that way from the start. But fader and mute automation can probably be controlled by midi or some other way from the daw.

But,.. why not just use some other proven automation system,.. if I had a old desk that dident have automation I would go with the new version of FF.

Old 25th March 2019
Here for the gear

Fadermate.co.uk
Having them fitted to a MTA console......fantastic piece of kit.
Old 25th March 2019
Here for the gear

FaderMate
Old 25th March 2019
I designed moving fader outboard boxes using Uptown moving faders for Sound Associates back in the early 1990's. It was a 24 track mix box with the I/O's and computer feeds. Sound Associates does all the NYC Broadway productions so it was used there.

The moving faders were motorized Tokyo Ko-on Do conductive plastic. I designed and built in the audio cards and interfaces and did the pcb layouts. Yes, it worked better than great. The show producers loved it. Make a change, move a fader. It made everyone happy. Yes, it was expensive. No, I don't have any.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search