The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AMEK/NEVE 9098 Analog Console Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 28th April 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddoggie View Post
Not the console per se but I had a pair of 9098 pre/eqs that I bought from a really REALLY good drummer. He liked them because they were lightning quick, and crystal clear - using them to produce percussion recordings that sounded like they were right there next to you. In my opinion he was right on the money - they did exactly that. Ultimately I sold them because my tastes gravitate towards the 'character' end of the spectrum, I look for devices that add something unreal or hyper-real to what I am putting in because that's the type of music I make HOWEVER - if you want that in your face super realistic colorless + transient response thing is what you look for, I can confirm that these units I had did that fantastically. I think they'd be a go-to for acoustic/classical etc for the extremely live colorless recordings they seem to be able to make.
those eq's are amongst my very favorite.
Old 26th January 2016
hey man sorry I was away for a year.

I will send you the frequency response of the AMEK9098 as soon as I'll be back to Italy!!!
Old 26th January 2016
response curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoxxx View Post
Yeah that was what I thought too as we were working on my desk. I know it is not a Neve brand 9098 but seeing the response curve and hearing from someone that knows these boards inside and out that they were really similar I was pretty stoked to see this and learn that the pre and EQ and summing in my board were really close to the 9098.

Hey Soundfactory, I would love to see a response curve of your desk to compare it to the one I posted. Would be really interesting to see how they compare.

Congrats on a fantastic looking console. Very nice and very impressive.
hey man sorry I was away for a year.

I will send you the frequency response of the AMEK9098 as soon as I'll be back to Italy!!!
Old 31st October 2018
Here for the gear

I was briefly a bench tech for ARN Consultants when the first 9098 in the United States was delivered. This split desk was assembled at a studio in Memphis TN for testing and evaluation before going on to serve Wu Tang Clan in New York. My job was to go through every input and output with test signals to check response, noise, distortion.
Old 1st November 2018
Lives for gear

i would love to mix on your console.

i have a single 9098 Eq channel/ mic pre and its in my main vocal chain.

Buddha
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search