The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TC M6000 MKI I/O and general questions Multi-Effects Processors (HW)
Old 14th February 2015
Gear Maniac

TC M6000 MKI I/O and general questions

Hi slutiez,

It came through me a chance of acquiring a TC system M6000 with remote plus all licenses for reverbs, eq's compressors, multiband, etc.

I have some general questions regarding I/O, recall and upgrade, if someone could help me would be great!

I/O. My setup in pro tools HDX with 02 New Avid 16x16x16 running 32/32 analog, as My desk has 32 channels I'm using all pro tools outs straight to the desk's channels.

As far as I know I can use 08 channels of the 6000 (04 stereo) on a mix for example. I think the system has AES/EBU, but as far as I know avid's interfaces wouldn't work analog and digital independently. So would I have to buy a third interface in order to have more IO's for the 6000?

Saving/Backup.

As far as I remember the backup system of this come with a very old fashioned disks, probably just found on old PC's. Would like to confirm that, and if so, how do you guys manage to save your presets for sessions? If there's another option, please advise.

And last one, would that system be upgradable to the MKII? And if so would you know the differences between both?

Thanks in advance!

Old 15th February 2015
nkf
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucainsane View Post
Saving/Backup.
As far as I remember the backup system of this come with a very old fashioned disks, probably just found on old PC's. Would like to confirm that, and if so, how do you guys manage to save your presets for sessions? If there's another option, please advise.
Two ways: MIDI sysex dumps to the DAW - I use it all the time for my 6000s, works perfect. Via the TC Icon software you can backup all internal banks, setups - everything to a Mac or PC. You can update the components via network too - no floppy disks necessary anymore.
Old 15th February 2015
Lives for gear

Do you wish to interface via analog or digital ?
For close to the cost of 1 two channel Ad/Da I have supplied a Lynx 8..and you have the option of a FW..HDX..or TB expansion card...opening the possibilities of staying "in the box" while utilizing the external reverb.
Any mki TC6000 qualifies for the mkll upgrade program...if you do have any of the optional I/o cards retain them as you get no additional trade in value & you can reuse them or sell them to offset the trade in costs...which btw includes a free program.
Old 15th February 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkf View Post
Two ways: MIDI sysex dumps to the DAW - I use it all the time for my 6000s, works perfect. Via the TC Icon software you can backup all internal banks, setups - everything to a Mac or PC. You can update the components via network too - no floppy disks necessary anymore.
That' s great news.

This was a huge flaw IMO. How happy are you with your system?
Old 15th February 2015
Gear Maniac

Hey Harris, thanks for the infos.

The system comes with AES/EBU. so it's digital.

In regards of buying a new interface I need to check how expensive a new one would be and Lynx for example is upgradeable to PT11?
Old 15th February 2015
nkf
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucainsane View Post
That' s great news.

This was a huge flaw IMO. How happy are you with your system?
I cannot image working without them (I have two engines with 24 digital I/Os).
One of the best studio hardware/software ever made.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search