The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Klein and Hummel 0300d Correct Placement?
Old 9th February 2015
Lives for gear

Klein and Hummel 0300d Correct Placement?

I'm looking for some advice on the recommended placement for the Klein and Hummel 0300d speaker's i,e - should the tweeter or bass dome etc, be at the same level of your ear when sitting in the listening position as they are designed to be used horizontally?.

From what I understand speakers that are used vertically should have the tweeter just above the ear level?...

Can anyone help?

Many Thanks

Noodlez
Old 11th February 2015
Gear Head
Hi Noodlez,

Did you search forum for that question? I think there are a lot of threads with monitor positioning (in general that works for O300 as well )

My personal opinion is that you should place them horizontally (as factory suggest) just put them on proper height (tweeter in ear level) and found best placement from the walls to keep perfect triangle as much as possible.
Also try to use best stand as you can. (with some isolation, rubber, foam etc..)

If you have a mic to merge freq response, it would helps a lot , but if you do not have it, trust your ears and spend a lot of time to listen music in different position, because, monitor placement is VERY important thing if you looking for flat response...

Bass driver goes wide , mid and tweeter inside...

Hope this help..
Old 11th February 2015
Lives for gear

no the tweeter goes outside!
Old 12th February 2015
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timesaver800W View Post
no the tweeter goes outside!
This is from review of ATC (SCM25a):

"ATC suggests that you experiment with tweeters-in or tweeters-out placement to see what works best for your room"

But on this link you can figure out how Focal named their flagship SM9..

Focal SM9 (left) - Left Speaker | Sweetwater.com

I own SM9 and placement is tweeters IN, so I suppose that it's the same situation with similar speakers..
Old 12th February 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by meex View Post
This is from review of ATC (SCM25a)
This from the K&H 300D manual.

"The O 300 (D) comes in two forms: named “left” and “right”. In a two-channel system, one of each type is used and the bass drivers, normally, positioned on the inside."

Like this,

ns
Old 12th February 2015
Lives for gear

yeah the atc is very different from k+h.
Old 12th February 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
This from the K&H 300D manual.

"The O 300 (D) comes in two forms: named “left” and “right”. In a two-channel system, one of each type is used and the bass drivers, normally, positioned on the inside."

Like this,

ns
Thanks for your advice,

I was wondering how high you have the Klein & Hummel's, from what I understood from the manual, the ideal listening level should be around half way between the tweeter and mid speaker.

"The acoustical axis should point towards the listening position or centre
of the listening area in both the horizontal and vertical planes"

Have I understood this correctly?

Many Thanks
Noodlez
Old 13th February 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
Have I understood this correctly?
Hi Noodz,

Sounds about right. I have mine slightly above ear height but slanting down a bit. Plus me chair goes up and down dependant on my current mood.

ns

Last edited by nightscope; 13th February 2015 at 05:42 AM..
Old 13th February 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
Hi Noodz,

Sounds about right. I have mine slightly above ear height but slanting down a bit. Plus me chair goes up and down dependant on my current mood.

ns
Thanks for your help, its much appreciated!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search