The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Genelec 8000 series 2way problem...!? Studio Monitors
Old 31st January 2015
Gear Addict

Genelec 8000 series 2way problem...!?

I have a genelec 8030 w sub 7050.
My problem is my mix and master is so good in genelec but same master in outside with other speaker is dull.
My control room is 70%standard
My sound card is lynx aurora
My sound science is 70% good
My experience is 10 years
So if i want to change it, what is your suggestions!?
Old 1st February 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanstudio View Post
My problem is my mix and master is so good in genelec but same master in outside with other speaker is dull.
My control room is 70%standard
My sound card is lynx aurora
My sound science is 70% good
I'm not sure I understand 70% standard or 70% good but... Could be your room, could be yours ears, could be the genelecs. Probably a combination of the three. Impossible to say. I'd start by making your room 100% (whatever that means).

But as an aside, if you always have to add, say a 3db shelf at 16k, why not just do that before you take the mix out of the room...?
Old 3rd February 2015
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanstudio View Post

How long you use this system? What did You use before and how was the translation with previous monitors?

(Sorry if I ask) Do you compare your mix during the mixing process with some well known similar tracks?

What is wrong with your finished tracks? (Dynamics, reverbs, RMS, low, mid high...) ?

Did you ever measure your room response with some mic and some software (REW EQ for example) ?

Last edited by meex; 3rd February 2015 at 04:02 AM..
Old 3rd February 2015
having just got a pair of 8040s with a Focal sub, so far I've had very good success with translation. Nothing is going to sound completely the same across different listening situations. I've only had them for a few weeks, but so far the 8040s have been successful. My room is nothing special, a 10x12 with reasonably good acoustic paneling. You may have this already, but the big difference for me was improving my room treatment. Made a world of difference.
Old 3rd February 2015
If you have good acoustic treatment including panels and bass panels in your room, that should help the situation.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search