The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
best outboard compressor combo?
Old 25th January 2015
Gear Maniac

best outboard compressor combo?

Hello Everybody! I just recently got a 1176 compressor for vocals and wanted to know another good vocal compressor that will compliment the 1176. I do alot of pop, dance and hip hop music. I also have a 500 series rack but I dont mind getting a rackmount too. Thank you

Last edited by siopao777; 25th January 2015 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 25th January 2015
Lives for gear

LA2 or CL1B. What's your mic pre
Old 25th January 2015
Lives for gear

1176 followed by la2a is an often used combo

basically shaving off a few dbs with fast attack followed by leveling with a slow attack

the idea is that the slower one can dig deeper without freaking out because of hi/uncontrolled peaks.

my leveling-compressor is a retro STA. if necessary i prep the signal ITB before that. sometimes UAD limiter, UAD 1176blue, brainworx ...
Old 25th January 2015
Lives for gear

Working on something right now with an 1176 into a distressor. Sounds really great. Tried an la2a/ 1176 combo but, everyone seems to prefer the 1176/ distressor. For this project we've used that combo with a sm7, m269, and a u47 and it's worked with all.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search