The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tweeter Options for KRK Expose E8B?
Old 20th January 2015
Here for the gear

Tweeter Options for KRK Expose E8B?

For the 2nd time, I've picked up a pair of used KRK Expose E8bs on the cheap(I'm a sucker for anything I perceive to be a good deal . I did the same thing a couple of years ago and although they were more than usable, I felt they lacked just a tad in the low-end, and the amplifier 'hiss' in a near field position wasn't extreme, but unacceptable for a anything over $1K let alone $5K (again, paid much less) so I sold them.

One of this pair has a bad tweeter and a replacement is $650(more than I paid for the bad speaker). Just for fun, I experimented with a uber high-end car tweeter that I had laying around and although it fell quite a bit short of anything close to factory, what it lacked brought the bass balance a bit closer to what I'd like. I'm willing to experiment and pay in the $400 range for a pair of tweeters - if anyone has any suggestions/experience, love to hear it.

This would be a 2nd pair of monitors to compliment my Digidesign RM1s (PMC ATL design)
Old 21st January 2015
Lives for gear

No idea if I'm even close to correct here, but I think I remember someone saying before the E8B's tweeter is made of 'beryllium'? Which I think I remember someone saying is poisonous through air contact and should be treated carefully, so just a heads up! (if I'm even anywhere near talking sense )

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search