The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonic Farms Creamer+ Single-Channel Preamps
Old 5th January 2015
Here for the gear

Sonic Farms Creamer+

Has anybody tried this yet??

I have been recording and mixing with the Creamer+ for about 6 months now and I couldn't be happier! I do mostly female pop vocals and it doesn't seem to matter who the singer is, this preamp is so versatile that I can get a great tone on every recording I do. My favourite features for carving tone are the triode/pentode switch, the tube/SS switch, and the Fat switch...between these three, anything is possible! I also love that there is so much flexibility available for gain staging, so whether I need to tone it back to balance out the heat of a Neumann U87 or I need to drive it hot to make my Shure SM7 shine, the Creamer+ has me covered!

I couldn't be happier with this preamp and I highly recommend it to any producer or engineer who is looking to take their recordings to the next level. I can't wait to see what these guys come out with next!

-Brayden
Old 5th January 2015
Lives for gear

Um... welcome!
Old 6th January 2015
Lives for gear

Thats an enthusiastic 1st post!
Either way i hear great things about this unit especially in mastering!
Old 6th January 2015
Lives for gear

waiting on the new Berliner + should be up at sonic farm soon… v76 mmmmmmm. i was sold on the creamer + but they announced the v76 version a few months ago… so I'm saving up for this…. after the amphions and the obsidian… berliner is next!
Old 6th January 2015
Lives for gear

The Creamer Plus is on my wish list. It would perfectly complement my Gordon 5.

Question for brady_d79:
Did the maker(s) kindly ask you that if you like the unit you'd put a post on Gearslutz?
Old 6th January 2015
SEED78
I've heard good things too - wish I had the spare cash to buy one and try it out!! My preamp budget went a on a ongoing DIY stereo Redd47 build.

Modern classic maybe. Something that doesn't have to sound like a Neve or API, its just fantastic in its own way by sound of it.
Old 6th January 2015
Lives for gear

Good to hear. I post in the same manner when gear hits the homerun like we all wish when we lay down the coin to acquire it......
Old 7th January 2015
Gear Maniac

I have a Creamer + and I like it quite a bit. The only negatives that I have experienced are that it has a lot of buttons, switches, etc. That can be just a little bit intimidating. Each setting is subtle, but the tonal range is quite large.

For doing scratch tracks, I find that I am working a great deal with my 500 pres- they are quicker to set up, but I fully expect to use the C+ for a great deal of my recording in the future.

To the Han Solo comment: I mostly agree. For a lot of preamps, there isn't a huuuge difference. That said, these things drive my preamp application thinking:
1. It is great to have a preamp with a lot of range. I don't think I've used a preamp that had as much variability (pentode, triode, bass boost, treble boost, transformer, etc.) This makes it a very useful tool, but requires a bit more work.
2. It is great to have a set-and-forget preamp to track (or make scratch tracks) quickly.
3. It is great to have a character preamp that allows a specific sound that you want/need (bonus points if it is also quick to adjust).
Old 7th January 2015
SEED78
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy View Post
To the Han Solo comment: I mostly agree.
thats my signature, a quote of someone else's common - not a comment on this thread. I'd after mojo just as much as the next guy
Old 15th February 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigfrog View Post
waiting on the new Berliner + should be up at sonic farm soon… v76 mmmmmmm. i was sold on the creamer + but they announced the v76 version a few months ago… so I'm saving up for this…. after the amphions and the obsidian… berliner is next!
Working on the Berliner user manual and getting ready to make photos for the web page. A batch of them is being assembled and it shouldn't be more than a week before they are available. Sorry for the delay but we wanted to make double sure there were no issues whatsoever!
Old 31st July 2017
Here for the gear

Here to spread a bit more love for the Creamer +! I bought one from Boris a few months ago after working with one in a friend's studio and I couldn't be happier with it. I work primarily with a U87 and Sm7 for vocals (which constitutes most of the tracking I do in my home studio) and the tonal capabilities with the different adjustments that can be made allow me to use the Creamer on everything without having to make huge adjustments post-recording. Tons of depth and clarity, the second-most application in my space is on a Yamaha B1 upright which has lost a bit of it's shine over the years, the Creamer paired with stereo 184s has brought it back to life in a big way. Couldn't be happier with this box, and I can confidently say it's not leaving my rack, massive thanks to the folks at Sonic Farm for putting so much care and detail into these units.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search