The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ADL 1700 opinions? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 30th December 2014
Gear Maniac

ADL 1700 opinions?

Hello,

could somebody tell me how he/she would rate this compressor?
Are there more preferable machines in this pricerange which would
do something better than this one?
In which situation would the 1700 work better than the other machines?

Is it useful on the 2-buss?
No link option, but on there website they write its useful on the stereo buss.

Thanks for all honest opinions!
Old 31st December 2014
Lives for gear

I've been loving the hell out of it for the last few months. When we first grabbed it Anthony loaned us his original 175 to compare. While, as could be expected, Anthony's version is a bit cleaner and more upright than the original, my partner Daniel and I picked it over the UA almost every time. The tone was part of it, but the fact that the ADL has a lowcut to the sidechain (something that's a bit of an issue with the original) really put us over the top, plus the 175 was fixed 12:1 and the lower ratios on the ADL version kill. So the 1700 is still in the rack, while the original got sent back. It's really fantastic on drums, and I've used it quite a bit on vocals as well. Since we don't have two I haven't tried stereo, but knowing ADL's build quality from other units I'd imagine it tracks pretty well. 99% of the time if I have a bus comp on it's either our ADL 670 (doesn't even have the capability to link) or a API 2500 with the link set to 0, so I'm obviously partial to unlinked stereo on the mix bus anyway.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search